So I heard about this Devil may cry vs DMC war that's going on.

#11SiLVeR_420Posted 7/26/2013 3:58:33 PM
Ink, Shatter, Jack junk, nukey and QCT are mature now?

All they do is troll, make up lies that can't be backed up, insult people every post and cry salty tears.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#12Mother-NesuPosted 7/26/2013 3:59:39 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
DusterxLucasFTW posted...
Note, this is coming from someone who doesn't know anything about dmc or devil may cry. I'm just someone who heard about all the hate the new game is getting. It seems so childish. What's wrong with you guys? It's like watching A bunch of children split into two groups fighting in A playground over what type of candy they like better. This is A DMC board and for some odd reason all I find is A bunch of children making threads talking about how great the original games were. WTF? It's even more surprising how the dmc fans are the more mature ones here. I'm sure the dmc fans were fine until the devil may cry fans came and raided the bored.

Hello. There's been a lot going on. People who are anti-DmC and have said in detail why they didn't like the new DmC, but they got ignored, mock and/or ridiculed. Here are some of the reason why many people didn't like the new DmC.

-Color coded enemies. There's two types of enemies in the new DmC, red and blue ones. Red enemies can only be hurt with red weapons and blue enemies can only be hurt with blue weapons. Color coded enemies make it hard to use all the weapons freely and smoothly. Especially if you're in a crowd of two different colored enemies.

-No Lock-on. No-lock one makes it hard to hone in on certain enemies. This wouldn't be a problem if the enemies weren't color coded. For example, you go to attack a red enemy with a red weapon, but you accidently end up attacking blue enemy because there's no lock-on. This can ruin combos and get annoying.

-Unrecognizable to its roots. I know that it's a reboot, but this new DmC game doesn't resemble the originals at all. Dante and Vergil's personalities are so different, they're not even the same people anymore. Also, key characters, like Trish and Lady, are gone now. There seems to be a lot of shock value in the game, like a sew scene and tons of heavy cursing.

-Glitches. This game has many, many glitches. So does Vergil's Downfall. Now, if you buy DmC and Vergil's Downfall, maybe your copies of the game won't have it, maybe it won't. The only way to find out is to rent the game and try it for yourself. And these glitches were found by the people who played the game, so it's not a bunch of rumors. There's lots of videos on Youtube of DmC glitches. There's even a glitch that makes you lose one of your weapons permanently and have to restart the game over from scratch to get it back.

-Bad PR. Many game journalist and even the creator of DmC have constantly been sticking their finger in the fans' eyes and saying that, "they only hate the game because DmC Dante's hair isn't white." Even before the game was released, there was a headline that read, "Capcom HAPPY to prove fans wrong." So, that also made many people not want to buy the game.

Well, there's some other things, too, but that's all I can think of for now. Those are just some of the reason why DmC was not well received.

I disagree about color coded enemies. Their only in a few chapters and they dont even appear often in the chapter's that they do show up in. On top of that most of the time, the color coded enemies are mini bosses. So you dont have to worry about fighting them in large groups of demon's.
#13RetsuxDPosted 7/26/2013 4:06:31 PM
LOLneutrals
#14darkslayer001Posted 7/26/2013 4:32:04 PM(edited)
Strelok posted...
You claim not to know anything, yet you already have a judgement ready as to who is right and wrong.

the reality is there are no pros anymore in this board. There appears to be only 2 types, antis and people like you who just randomly appear, claiming neutrality and jumping to conclusions without even looking behind the curtain. Then there is the special group that keeps the boards alive.
#15NostalgiaRulesPosted 7/26/2013 4:37:07 PM
I sure do get ignored a lot by many pro-DmC people. Usually when I respond, they'll respond back with a counter argument. Then when I present facts and such.........silence. I seldom or never hear from them again. And I'm not mean or rude to them about it either. I just state facts and then they seldom or never reply back. It's weird. :/
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#16Dark_EpathyPosted 7/26/2013 5:51:04 PM
People who are anti-DmC and have said in detail why they didn't like the new DmC, but they got ignored, mock and/or ridiculed.

Many antis have ignored, mocked, and ridiculed people whom sincerely like the game, too, even when they've provided reasons for liking and enjoying it. If you don't admit the game is utter trash here, you're akin to a "braindead casual" or someone with bad taste. There is no middle ground, no leeway. You're either with or against them, an enemy of Uncle Dante or an ally.

I'm not denying that people egg them on or try to incite trouble, but they can't play the victim when they treat others very similarly. I get feelings are high and volatile concerning DmC, but a little bit of caring goes along way, especially when you consider we're all human beings interested in DMC. There is no reason to be bickering.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#17StrelokPosted 7/26/2013 7:03:08 PM
Salty enough to mark for moderation after being proven you're horribly wrong.

You prove you are indeed a terrible person.

It is funny how I got moderated, and this troll topic still stands.
Moderators unbiased by ass.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#18SiLVeR_420Posted 7/26/2013 8:52:57 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
People who are anti-DmC and have said in detail why they didn't like the new DmC, but they got ignored, mock and/or ridiculed.

Many antis have ignored, mocked, and ridiculed people whom sincerely like the game, too, even when they've provided reasons for liking and enjoying it. If you don't admit the game is utter trash here, you're akin to a "braindead casual" or someone with bad taste. There is no middle ground, no leeway. You're either with or against them, an enemy of Uncle Dante or an ally.

I'm not denying that people egg them on or try to incite trouble, but they can't play the victim when they treat others very similarly. I get feelings are high and volatile concerning DmC, but a little bit of caring goes along way, especially when you consider we're all human beings interested in DMC. There is no reason to be bickering.

Then you've got people like Shatter who before release were "DmC will easily sell 5+ million on name alone" to "DMC has always been a mediocre franchise."
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#19Ether101Posted 7/26/2013 11:46:40 PM
Note, this is coming from someone who doesn't know anything about dmc or devil may cry. I'm just someone who heard about all the hate the new game is getting. It seems so childish. What's wrong with you guys? It's like watching A bunch of children split into two groups fighting in A playground over what type of candy they like better. This is A DMC board and for some odd reason all I find is A bunch of children making threads talking about how great the original games were. WTF? It's even more surprising how the dmc fans are the more mature ones here. I'm sure the dmc fans were fine until the devil may cry fans came and raided the bored.

First off, the Devil May Cry fans were here first. Second, the DmC fans are the ones that use insults on a regular bases.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#20Mother-NesuPosted 7/26/2013 11:57:09 PM
Ether101 posted...

First off, the Devil May Cry fans were here first. Second, the DmC fans are the ones that use insults on a regular bases.

Now i DEFINITELY disagree with that... Both sides use insults, but the DmC fans are the only ones who actually have a good reason. >_> There wouldnt be any fighting between sides if the Devil May Cry fans didnt come on here to bash on the games AND its fans just because they like a game. Take it out on Ninja Theory, NOT us. Thats how I and many other see it.