Like Dark Knight?

#1AStrangemanPosted 7/27/2013 8:54:19 PM
Batman was camp as hell in both the Keaton films and Adam West. Until Nolan showed Batman could be taken maturely.
The Devil MAy cry games were overtly cheesy, silly and goofy too. "DARK SOUL WITH LIGHHHHHHT" Lol.

So I watched a trailer for this and despite the lame anonymous reference, this looked Nolan standard.
But films are cheap to buy, games are expensive. The older games are cheaper them DMC but we've all had our laughs out of them so I'm up for something more artful and interesting. Is it worth it fans?
#2KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 7/27/2013 9:01:04 PM
If we're comparing it to Batman, in terms of quality DmC is the Joel Schumacher version. In terms of themes, it's like the the Nolan films.... if they were written by a 14 year old who thought "cool" meant "put in a sex scene and a sniper rifle abortion because edgy and mature".
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#3darkslayer001Posted 7/27/2013 9:45:37 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
If we're comparing it to Batman, in terms of quality DmC is the Joel Schumacher version. In terms of themes, it's like the the Nolan films.... if they were written by a 14 year old who thought "cool" meant "put in a sex scene and a sniper rifle abortion because edgy and mature".
#4smithkakarotPosted 7/27/2013 9:49:15 PM
AStrangeman posted...
Batman was camp as hell in both the Keaton films and Adam West. Until Nolan showed Batman could be taken maturely.
The Devil MAy cry games were overtly cheesy, silly and goofy too. "DARK SOUL WITH LIGHHHHHHT" Lol.

So I watched a trailer for this and despite the lame anonymous reference, this looked Nolan standard.
But films are cheap to buy, games are expensive. The older games are cheaper them DMC but we've all had our laughs out of them so I'm up for something more artful and interesting. Is it worth it fans?

Frank Miller did "dark and gritty Batman" a looooooooooong time before Nolan. And having sex scenes, cursing, and rifle abortion doesn't make this game any more "mature" than the original, just more inappropriate.

And I didn't play the originals for the "laughs" only, I played them because they had fun gameplay and a fun, likable protagonist, things this game sorely lacks.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#5Edward_R_MurrowPosted 7/27/2013 9:54:43 PM(edited)
Nolan's Batman films were able to be dark and mature with a PG-13 rating, minimal cussing, and no gory violence. They stood on solid writing and excellent direction to create a movie that is not only well paced, but eminently watchable.

DmC fails to use mature elements like gratuitous language, gore, and sex scenes to any purpose other than shock value. It's paced terribly with insane amounts of filler content bookending any combat (which is okay from a casual point of view and terrible from a more hardcore one). The only reasons it garnered such praise is because:

A.) "Professional" reviewers lacking the skill and time required, cannot properly evaluate action games.

B.) Most of the gaming populace is not well read, and bases the majority of their literary standards off of a combination of games, popcorn movies, and anime. Or they are postmodernists, in which case LJL at them.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#6smithkakarotPosted 7/27/2013 10:01:50 PM
By the way, I still think Tim Burton's Gotham is the best live-action Gotham ever. Mostly because it actually LOOKS like Gotham.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#7darkslayer001Posted 7/27/2013 10:03:32 PM
speaking of Batman, who is excited for Superman x Batman movie?!
#8ZeroX91Posted 7/27/2013 11:12:51 PM
What's wrong with postmodernism? At least shows like the Daily Show and Colbert Report get people to think (even if there is a slant to it).
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWef0Ic_QE
#9Pesmerga255Posted 7/27/2013 11:19:04 PM
Nolan's movies are overrated.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#10ZeroX91Posted 7/27/2013 11:31:54 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Nolan's movies are overrated.

And that voice is one of a constipated fatman.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWef0Ic_QE