Why do people deride DMC4 Dante for dressing like a cowboy?

#71MixorzPosted 8/6/2013 5:59:14 PM
Mother-Nesu posted...
Mixorz posted...
I don't have a problem with DMC 4 Dante, just Neeero. He's lame. The only Dante design I didn't really like was DMC 3 Dante.

How can you hate Nero more than Dante in DMC4? Dante look's like some kind of creepy old cowboy uncle chasing after his nephew. o_o Also, i agree with the DMC3 design that was just horrid... DMC2 and kind of DMC1 is all i really like.

Lol no. Nero is the typical angst ridden teen mad at the world hurr I wear headphones at church because Im such a rebel, no they hait mah demon arm so I hate the world.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#72darkslayer001Posted 8/6/2013 7:36:45 PM(edited)
Pesmerga255 posted...
Mixorz posted...
I don't have a problem with DMC 4 Dante, just Neeero. He's lame. The only Dante design I didn't really like was DMC 3 Dante.

I normally play in the DMC1 outfit whenever I play as Dante in 3.

I don't hate on DMC3 Dante design, i mean it fits his personality, but I always prefer DMC1 outfit when I play DMC3.

Mixorz posted...

Donte is the typical angst ridden teen mad at the world hurr I wear no clothes at carnival because Im such a rebel, no I hait thah demon army so I hate the world.

this sounds much fitting imo.
#73roxas9001Posted 8/6/2013 8:27:30 PM
And needing major help? You do know that Sparda's DT being associated with Sparda's Sword is just a gameplay mechanic, right? While Sparda's Sword is really strong, it doesn't give Dante the power to turn into Sparda. That's something he unlocks when fighting Mundus.

He was no match for a severely weakened Mundus until Trish juiced him up enough to use Jackpot.

The Sword has turned Arkham into a Sparda avatar then a blob.
---
It's my favorite souvenir from hell, bandage boy---Dante
#74Ether101Posted 8/7/2013 9:10:54 AM
roxas9001 posted...
And needing major help? You do know that Sparda's DT being associated with Sparda's Sword is just a gameplay mechanic, right? While Sparda's Sword is really strong, it doesn't give Dante the power to turn into Sparda. That's something he unlocks when fighting Mundus.

He was no match for a severely weakened Mundus until Trish juiced him up enough to use Jackpot.

The Sword has turned Arkham into a Sparda avatar then a blob.

The reason why Dante couldn't take on Mundus at the end was because he was tired and weak form all the crap he did earlier.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#75Rising_shadowPosted 8/7/2013 9:33:58 AM
The sword only contains a scrap of Sparda's power. As seen when Arkham turns into a weak ass blob monster that Vergil and Dante take out and still have enough juice to go full out on each other. Sparda's DT is Dante's, not the sword's. And no match what? Dante had just taken out and severely kicked the hell out of a full powered Mundus, the reason he couldn't outright destroy the weakened Mundus was because you know, he'd just spent most of his stamina and power taking him out already.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#76KyryloPosted 8/7/2013 9:46:25 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
The sword only contains a scrap of Sparda's power. As seen when Arkham turns into a weak ass blob monster that Vergil and Dante take out and still have enough juice to go full out on each other. Sparda's DT is Dante's, not the sword's. And no match what? Dante had just taken out and severely kicked the hell out of a full powered Mundus, the reason he couldn't outright destroy the weakened Mundus was because you know, he'd just spent most of his stamina and power taking him out already.

Actually its not because of that. Arkham couldnt control power of sparda. Hense he turned into giant blob.
#77Ether101Posted 8/7/2013 10:42:09 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

Actually its not because of that. Arkham couldnt control power of sparda. Hense he turned into giant blob.

It's arguable that Arkham turned into a blob on his own as he didn't seem to care about he change and that there was nothing to really push him when he changed. Of course, that could mean that he was so far gone that he didn't notice.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#78Rising_shadowPosted 8/7/2013 10:50:36 AM
Arkham not being able to control the power is why he mutated. But if the Force Edge was that powerful then blob Arkham should have been that powerful too since he wouldn't be holding anything back. When the fight is over neither Vergil or Dante are really that tired or even hurt. But neither of the two put together would have been able to even touch Mundus then so obviously the blob was nowhere near Sparda's level.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#79demonfang178Posted 8/7/2013 6:39:49 PM
Kyrylo posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

I thought it was the darkness of Sparda's heart or something. I know it's in the files.
#80NostalgiaRulesPosted 8/7/2013 8:46:30 PM
Kyrylo posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

^ This. That and (now this is just my theory. It's nowhere in the original DMC storyline) I think when Sparda turned his back on evil, his sword probably did, too. When Arkham tried to take control of Sparda's power, it backfired because Arkham was pure evil.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.