Capcom profits drop

#31KyryloPosted 8/1/2013 7:17:28 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Cancel Basara here in the west.
etc.

That one especially hurts.

Capcom's marketing was so horrible for Basara that I (a hardcore gamer who actively looks for gaming news) didn't know it existed until after Capcom cancelled it in the west.

I love game. I swear whoever decided that should be thrown out of company.
#32Orange00Posted 8/2/2013 1:09:42 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Cancel Basara here in the west.
etc.

That one especially hurts.

Capcom's marketing was so horrible for Basara that I (a hardcore gamer who actively looks for gaming news) didn't know it existed until after Capcom cancelled it in the west.

Sengoku Basara had it's share of visibility when it first came out. I (a somewhat casual gamer) remember clearly being bummed how they made some huge changes in the west renaming it Devil Kings.

it didn't sell, so now it's japan-only. Probably the fate of whole capcom thanks to huge hate campaign. There are already few examples with Sengoku Basara, Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter (which is making a comeback here though). By boycotting bigger capcom games, they can't afford keeping their more minor titles here. Even if they got a dedicated, if small,
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#33Orange00Posted 8/2/2013 1:10:38 AM
small dedicated fanbase that is.
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#34StrelokPosted 8/2/2013 1:28:07 AM
I am not going to buy expensive crappy games I know I won't like so I *MIGHT* get a less expensive game that I do.

I'm likely not the only one here.
Capcoms lack of quality is all their own fault really.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#35Orange00Posted 8/2/2013 1:51:49 AM
Strelok posted...
I am not going to buy expensive crappy games I know I won't like so I *MIGHT* get a less expensive game that I do.

of course not. i too only buy those games i have interest in. That's only a handfull of capcom titles, no where near all.

but it's a different thing to mind your own business and not buy undesired games, than to be part of extensive hate campaign that lynches everything capcom sets it's eyes on. Even the better series' like Dragon's Dogma was HATED upon it's release. Just because it was by capcom. Only as mounths passed did some people come to their senses and realize the potential it had.

yesterday there was a topic about bunch of new capcom games. Needless to say, huge s*** downpour after only seeing title screens or logos of those games. Reasonable?
---
#36Pesmerga255Posted 8/2/2013 1:58:11 AM
Orange doesn't understand what 'mobile gaming" means for the industry as a whole.

Protip: it's not good.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#37Orange00Posted 8/2/2013 2:12:17 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Orange doesn't understand what 'mobile gaming" means for the industry as a whole.

Protip: it's not good.

nah, you only see angry birds and fruit ninjas. Whereas i see FF Tactics and KotOR. Mobile gaming is changing and i honestly see lots of potential especially in tablets.

RPGs, puzzle and strategy games work very well on touch pad. If they said DMC5 was being made for tablets, i'd understand the murmur but turn based jRPG? nothing should be lost in translation.
---
#38Pesmerga255Posted 8/2/2013 2:15:36 AM
Again, you fail to notice that BoF6 is also a browser game. That means it'll probably be yet another crappy card game.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#39Orange00Posted 8/2/2013 2:23:12 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Again, you fail to notice that BoF6 is also a browser game. That means it'll probably be yet another crappy card game.

i'll wait and see..
it would be pretty hard to believe capcom would make a proper comeback sequel to a classic series and make it a half-assed card game.
---
#40StrelokPosted 8/2/2013 2:25:48 AM
Orange00 posted...
Strelok posted...

of course not. i too only buy those games i have interest in. That's only a handfull of capcom titles, no where near all.

but it's a different thing to mind your own business and not buy undesired games, than to be part of extensive hate campaign that lynches everything capcom sets it's eyes on. Even the better series' like Dragon's Dogma was HATED upon it's release. Just because it was by capcom. Only as mounths passed did some people come to their senses and realize the potential it had.

yesterday there was a topic about bunch of new capcom games. Needless to say, huge s*** downpour after only seeing title screens or logos of those games. Reasonable?

To be fair, Capcom has brought a LOT of this upon themselves, with terrible campaigns, horrible quality in their games, insulting their fans (of SEVERAL fanbases!), cancelling games people want, releasing games people don't want, on disc DLC, day 1 DLC, true ending DLC...
I could continue for a while.

Capcom has pretty much become universally reviled, and they have nobody to thank for that but themselves.
Right now they're the jerk nobody likes, and because of that, whatever they make is going to be disliked, even if it's good.

One good way to get people to stop doing this would be to get their act back together.
Like that is going to happen.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg