You know...I actually quite like this game

#1RaengPosted 8/13/2013 2:39:26 AM
I've been hating on it for how it butchered DMC and such..but I borrowed a copy from a friend last week and it's been a pretty fun ride.
Yes the gameplay isn't nearly as deep as before.
Yes the story (and characters) are horrible.
Yes the game is easy as sin.
Yes the art-design is a bit basic/predictable at times (especially the colors)

But it is quite enjoyable. I'm toying around on DMD and it's so easy to just stay in the air and just juggle them into infinity; something that was simply beyond my muscle memory in DMC4.

To put into perspective I did S-rank the whole of DMC3 on DMD, and beat the remaining games on DMD (including 2). While those games are vastly superior I am enjoying this immensely. Maybe it's because it's so easy and I can just lay back and toy around a bit. I don't know.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#2StrelokPosted 8/13/2013 2:45:56 AM
Everyone has guilty pleasures.

Take me, I actually liked parts of Highschool of the Dead, yet I still acknowledge it was beyond terrible.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#3SiLVeR_420Posted 8/13/2013 2:47:13 AM
Okay. Dosent stop the game from being bad though.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#4smithkakarotPosted 8/13/2013 2:48:49 AM
Strelok posted...

Take me, I actually liked parts of Highschool of the Dead, yet I still acknowledge it was beyond terrible.

Yeah, there's movies I know are stupid but still find entertaining...like Van Helsing.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#5SiLVeR_420Posted 8/13/2013 3:23:38 AM
smithkakarot posted...
Strelok posted...

Yeah, there's movies I know are stupid but still find entertaining...like Van Helsing.

The Huge Action(Hugh Jackman) one? I like that movie.

As for HotD...just like Queens Blade if you can get past the ecchi stuff its alright.
---
#6smithkakarotPosted 8/13/2013 3:25:35 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
smithkakarot posted...
Strelok posted...

Yeah, that one. It's certainly a masterpiece compared to Twilight.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#7SiLVeR_420Posted 8/13/2013 6:05:16 AM
smithkakarot posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
smithkakarot posted...
Strelok posted...

Yeah, that one. It's certainly a masterpiece compared to Twilight.

A lot things are compared to Twilight. Twilights in its own personal category of awful.
---
#8prince_nagashPosted 8/13/2013 8:36:57 AM
Since this game borrows heavily gameplay-wise from the previous series, it just goes to show how strong the old gameplay foundations were. Even if you do your absolute worst, using some of DMC 3 and 4's mechanics will net you a decent combat system.

Now, if we got to actually see how the gameplay would evolve from 4, that would probably be a different story.
#9RetsuxDPosted 8/13/2013 11:19:33 AM
I keep replaying DMC2 just for the short missions with decent to good bosses.

Everything else? God no.
I don't even want to unlock Hard mode.
#10StrelokPosted 8/13/2013 12:25:46 PM
I admit, I like Twilight, but for different reasons than you know.

You see, as a GM I tend to be in need for antagonists and villains. That book is chock-full of petty, self-centered, annoying and overall terrible characters you all want to see dead in a multitude of horrible ways.

I love it when my work is done for me.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg