I am changing my opinion on the game too.

#1StrelokPosted 8/14/2013 9:21:36 PM
I used to be what is called a "Hater."
I always tried to be reasonable though. I gave the game several chances.
I kept giving Ninja Theory the benefit of the doubt. Same for Capcom.
Each time they failed to impress and I got angry over it.

The demo was released and I found it a horrible piece of junk. Too easy, glitchy, slow, a complete mess.

However, I am now re-thinking it.
I first would give it a 5.5/10, maybe a 6/10. As a DMC game it'd be a 3/10.
To compare, DMC2 would be a 6/10, as a DMC game it'd be a 4/10.

This has changed.
I have realized that I might have been wrong concerning this game.

It is very clearly not worth the discs it's burned on. 3/10 due to all the horribel glitches. A 2.5/10 as a DMC game. Worst game in the franchise, terrible H&S. Most of the bugs STILL haven't been fixed, in the meantime, Shadowrun Returns, a budget game had 2 patches fixing the most glaring ability issues in less than half a month... Why is an Indie dev able to do what an AAA dev can't?
I now omniloathe this piece of crap.

---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#2Psychochild27Posted 8/14/2013 9:26:22 PM
How would you rate DMC2 as a DmC game?
#3Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 10:02:39 PM
I can't rate it as a DmC game as DMC2 doesn't try to be worse than it actually is.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#4SiLVeR_420Posted 8/14/2013 10:07:50 PM
I'm waiting for someone to claim Microsoft charges for patches as the reason.

That's not a thing anymore.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#5StepswordsmanPosted 8/14/2013 11:09:21 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
I'm waiting for someone to claim Microsoft charges for patches as the reason.

That's not a thing anymore.

Making patches costs money, so it's possible that Capcom changed its opinion on the game as well - from "Maybe we can fix it later" to "This game isn't even worth touching".

And now I see another questionable detail in this whole story: you'd think they would at least try to improve a game that "enjoyed solid demand" when the game in question is a bugged piece of crap, especially the DLC that supposedly improves it so much. But no, the only patch they ever gave us was the fixes that that Polish studio did while porting the game to PC.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#6Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 11:11:59 PM
Obviously, it was heresy to touch the game as everything is exactly the way the great Tameem intended it to be.
---
#7Blackmarvel79Posted 8/15/2013 7:39:44 AM
The main problem with this game was the fact that it wasnt Devil May Cry. As a reboot it was just to far from the original for the fans to except. This game was deemed a failure by the fanbase almost from the beginning. It never had a chance. Its not bad. (not great either) They should have at least kept the original combat style. Or at least made a difficult one. The game is far too easy. The series also has the worse fanbase. They make Sonic fans look tame.
---
Currently Playing Ninja Gaidan 2 and Zelda OOS and OOA.
#8darkslayer001Posted 8/15/2013 8:46:29 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
The main problem with this game was the fact that it wasnt Devil May Cry. As a reboot it was just to far from the original for the fans to except. This game was deemed a failure by the fanbase almost from the beginning. It never had a chance. Its not bad. (not great either) They should have at least kept the original combat style. Or at least made a difficult one. The game is far too easy. The series also has the worse fanbase. They make Sonic fans look tame.

I think it is not only the fact that it is not Devil May Cry, it is just not up to par with any top HnS today.
sure there are other HnS that does not have the combat debt as DMC, but they at least make up for it in other departments. you know when games that are half a decade or a decade old, such as DMC1,3 are better than DmC that there is a serious problem.
#9Vault_ZeroPosted 8/15/2013 9:04:53 AM
I will keep saying this. Ninja Theory wanted to make Heavenly Sword 2 and they did just that.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#10Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 11:26:37 AM
We gave this miserable pile of s*** full of secrets two years worth of chances.
Two years worth, all while being insulted, demeaned and antagonized by the press. We were portrayed as raving lunatics who only cared about white hair. They outright jab at this with the infamous octowig cutscene.

This thing has no redemptional value whatsoever. At first, even after release, I kept giving it chances, like maybe they will release a patch (Only the PC version got one really).
When a third party makes a turbo mod so the thing becomes somewhat playable (Not available on the consoles) and a very small indie company releases two patches and their DLC to be released in October is promised to be at LEAST as long as the main game (Instead of barely an hour worth of glitches) in less time than it took for MGR to be released after the release of DmC, well, they can go and stick something sharp up a place where the sun doesn't shine.
---