I am changing my opinion on the game too.

#151Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 8:46:58 PM
@ Ink: I TOTALLY missed your post. I'm sorry. QCT and his wily antics and inappropriate terrible joke got me homing in like a bull at a red piece of cloth. (Fun fact: Bulls can't see red, it's the movement of the cloth that agitates them!)

I have long thought about actually getting professional help but right now... I'm not sure if it'll help.
The really funny part is that, very ironically, a lot of my anger and depression went into videogames. Often the very violent ones. Despite this, I never had an urge to actually kill someone.

I think I'm the type that outright contradicts everything soccermoms/Jack Thompson are saying, that videogames are killer training simulators. I guess that either I was too cowardly, or too damned nice despite all of it to even harbor such thoughts.
In fact while I DO say every now and then that I'd like to see fictional characters dead, thisis because they're fictional. Honestly, I wouldn't wish any living person dead, not even the worst what humanity has to offer. I prefer an honest trial and locking away for life if they can't receive rehabilitation due to mental sickness.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#152NostalgiaRulesPosted 8/18/2013 9:10:19 PM
Strelok posted...
@ Ink: I TOTALLY missed your post. I'm sorry. QCT and his wily antics and inappropriate terrible joke got me homing in like a bull at a red piece of cloth. (Fun fact: Bulls can't see red, it's the movement of the cloth that agitates them!)

I have long thought about actually getting professional help but right now... I'm not sure if it'll help.
The really funny part is that, very ironically, a lot of my anger and depression went into videogames. Often the very violent ones. Despite this, I never had an urge to actually kill someone.

I think I'm the type that outright contradicts everything soccermoms/Jack Thompson are saying, that videogames are killer training simulators. I guess that either I was too cowardly, or too damned nice despite all of it to even harbor such thoughts.
In fact while I DO say every now and then that I'd like to see fictional characters dead, thisis because they're fictional. Honestly, I wouldn't wish any living person dead, not even the worst what humanity has to offer. I prefer an honest trial and locking away for life if they can't receive rehabilitation due to mental sickness.

While rated M games shouldn't be played by small children or adolescents, it's a myth that violent video games make people want to do bad things. And if mothers don't want their children to play such violent games, all they have to do is NOT buy it for them. Video game stores are prohibited from selling rated M games to minors, hence why they ask for ID at the counter.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#1535hadowsPosted 8/18/2013 9:26:31 PM
Even Ink disagrees with QCT, poor guy is all alone in the world.
---
Ill add something here later....
#154QCTeamkillPosted 8/18/2013 10:38:14 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Strelok posted...

While rated M games shouldn't be played by small children or adolescents, it's a myth that violent video games make people want to do bad things. And if mothers don't want their children to play such violent games, all they have to do is NOT buy it for them. Video game stores are prohibited from selling rated M games to minors, hence why they ask for ID at the counter.

Better video games than pellet guns. Before video games existed the countryside around here was pellet gun call of duty all summer long.

Reminescing
One of us was just getting too much enjoyment from shooting random people unaware, after 2 or 3 days in juvenile he hanged himself on a doorknob with his underwear, he could have lifted himself back up anytime but he didn't. At 12 or 13 I didn't think much about it, that didn't fit his type at all. But it strikes me now he might have been abused in there to make him do that.

Anyway, old stuff, so yeah: videogames now are better alternative than pellet guns back then.
#1555hadowsPosted 8/18/2013 11:00:55 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
Strelok posted...

Better video games than pellet guns. Before video games existed the countryside around here was pellet gun call of duty all summer long.

Reminescing
One of us was just getting too much enjoyment from shooting random people unaware, after 2 or 3 days in juvenile he hanged himself on a doorknob with his underwear, he could have lifted himself back up anytime but he didn't. At 12 or 13 I didn't think much about it, that didn't fit his type at all. But it strikes me now he might have been abused in there to make him do that.

Anyway, old stuff, so yeah: videogames now are better alternative than pellet guns back then.

If by some reason human beings develop the ability of asexual reproduction and you ever get grandkids, I'll pray that they'll never have to listen to any of your reminiscing stories.
---
Ill add something here later....
#156Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 12:36:30 AM
I wonder what the hell makes someone shoot other people with a pellet gun for enjoyment.
Yeah, it's "just BBs".
Pity those mere BBs WILL injure people and can cause maiming or even death.
I have sympathy for those that get bullied into that "killing mindset", but I will not understand them, nor do I condone it. Far from it, I think that hurting others is making the bullies win. And by becoming a murderer, nobody wins. If you really suffered so much, why would anyone want to make other people suffer the same?

I just can't understand that mindset. At all. Completely and utterly alien to me.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#157produnerPosted 8/19/2013 1:16:12 AM
QCT does #360NoScopeMLG with his BB rifle.
#158Ink-RibbonPosted 8/22/2013 12:04:15 PM
LordKaizer posted...
i guess 30+ years of programming didn't teach losers to have respects for others. just ignore his sorry ass since he's a p**** who thinks he can say thing on the internet and get away from it.

@Ink, as human, you have my respect. but as gamer, you need to stop bring devil never cry as DMC5 since that name sounds really stupid and contradicting to Dante's ideal from what he learned on DMC 3.

Thanks, Lord. You're cool in my book too. XD

Well, I know that it may be annoying in your view, but Devils Never Cry would be the perfect and real sequel set after DMC 1. Look at DMC 1 ending. Dante's shop changed its name. Trish answers a call, by saying Devils Never Cry.

So, it's quite obvious that a sequel should have used that name. It would be fair and it would help a lot, regarding continuity. Yeah, Capcom probably doesn't care, BUT it's something to be considered in my view.

I'm tired of seeing sequels having numbers with their names. Instead of Devil May Cry 2, the sequel should have been called Devils Never Cry.
#159Ink-RibbonPosted 8/22/2013 12:11:16 PM
Strelok posted...

No problem, Strelok. I also missed your post, but now I'm finally available to answer it.

I can see your point. Sometimes, talking really helps people. I can relate to that. It's quite easy saying everything, getting rid of a huge pressure ( on the inside). It's good to see that you have a focus and really managed to deal with your previous issue, keeping your mind intact.

However, I still think you may eventually look for a professional help. Not only it'll help you even more, but it'll also help you to focus on how to forget it and just let it go. It's incredible how calm and focused you are. Very hard to find people like you nowadays...All in all, it's good to see you're at least ok and you didn't give up.
#160Strelok(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 1:11:55 PM
At one point I tried to give up.
But while I was in the process of doing that I figured "Why let them win?"

Lot of stuff that happened, and hearing a classmate say, after the head of the school himself got involved and talked about why the bullying had to stop, "What, so the loser will try to commit suicide again" kind of numbed me to most insults afterwards. I just realized that, no. They didn't care. They'd never care.
At this point I just came to realize I'd never be like them, and I'd be a much better person for it.

Seriously, bullying is disgusting.
---