Nero in DMC5?

#11Zekenar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 8:47:31 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
Zekenar posted...
Say DMC5 is announced, Dante returns, as does Nero. The catch is Nero controls like Donte, with DmC style switching, dedicated launcher button and double tap inputs for moves like Streak. Angel and Demon pull are added to the Devil Bringer. Instead of Human, Angel, and Demon modes, you get Normal, DB, and Yamato stances.

Thoughts?

why are we already limiting Nero?
All he needs is more devil arms and expanded exceed.

Both of which can be worked into the DmC control scheme.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters game is made for PS3.(or until I'm tired of it)
#12Edward_R_MurrowPosted 8/16/2013 9:53:44 AM
Zekenar posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
All he needs is more devil arms and expanded exceed.

Both of which can be worked into the DmC control scheme.

Exceed really can't be worked into the DmC control scheme because the Exceed input is best mapped to a trigger, both of which are eaten up by Stance Switching buttons. And if Stance-Switching was controlled the same way as DmC, people playing Nero would be holding down a ton of buttons; lock-on, Charge Shot, Stance, maybe even Hold occasionally.

It's generally a very clunky control scheme for a Devil May Cry game, which is unsurprising because it came straight from Heavenly Sword, a God of War clone all about crowd control.

And I never want to see double analog moves other than an unlocked double analog input starting a dash. DmC's moves like Stinger/Streak/Flush were horrible to use. Give me lock-on plus directional inputs any day.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#13SBK91Posted 8/16/2013 4:59:29 PM
We've already had one entry seriously damaged and another ruined by not-Dante protagonists, we don't need a third.
#14Ink-RibbonPosted 8/18/2013 5:54:09 AM
SBK91 posted...
We've already had one entry seriously damaged and another ruined by not-Dante protagonists, we don't need a third.

I agree. That's why they'll make Devils Never Cry, showing the Dante we all love, working alone with Trish.

Lady came to a mission, leaving only Dante and Trish. At this point, Nero was just a dream or a game. XD

I would love seeing Devils Never Cry starting with a scene showing Nero and so on. Then, the camera slowly shows that everything was happening inside of a TV and Dante was playing a game with Nero, thus showing that Nero was a fictional character inside of a fictional game that was being played by a fictional character ( Dante). Think about the fake footage being shown at Scream 4. You thought you were watching the movie, but it was a fake part, with the real one coming right after. ;)

So, that basically means Nero didn't exist in the DMC universe and if he existed, it was a game created by Dante.
#15KyryloPosted 8/18/2013 7:21:12 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SBK91 posted...

I agree. That's why they'll make Devils Never Cry, showing the Dante we all love, working alone with Trish.

Lady came to a mission, leaving only Dante and Trish. At this point, Nero was just a dream or a game. XD

I would love seeing Devils Never Cry starting with a scene showing Nero and so on. Then, the camera slowly shows that everything was happening inside of a TV and Dante was playing a game with Nero, thus showing that Nero was a fictional character inside of a fictional game that was being played by a fictional character ( Dante). Think about the fake footage being shown at Scream 4. You thought you were watching the movie, but it was a fake part, with the real one coming right after. ;)

So, that basically means Nero didn't exist in the DMC universe and if he existed, it was a game created by Dante.

wah wah wah. Next time use this 3 words. They summarize your thoughts pretty nicely.
#16Ink-RibbonPosted 8/18/2013 7:47:51 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SBK91 posted...

wah wah wah. Next time use this 3 words. They summarize your thoughts pretty nicely.

The irony of your post is so delicious and tastefully done...

TC's topic title has 3 words ( Nero in DMC 5). So, it's natural that I could answer him with only 3 words ( I hate Nero). However, I'm happy today and both we know I love a good chat. XD
#17RetsuxDPosted 8/19/2013 4:35:34 AM
...But even if you spell DMC as an acronym, it's still 4 words.
#18KyryloPosted 8/19/2013 4:37:25 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SBK91 posted...

The irony of your post is so delicious and tastefully done...

TC's topic title has 3 words ( Nero in DMC 5). So, it's natural that I could answer him with only 3 words ( I hate Nero). However, I'm happy today and both we know I love a good chat. XD

Those are actually 4 words unless your unconditional hatred for number 5 refuses to accept it as one. *facepalm*
#19Zekenar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 5:52:55 AM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
Exceed really can't be worked into the DmC control scheme because the Exceed input is best mapped to a trigger, both of which are eaten up by Stance Switching buttons. And if Stance-Switching was controlled the same way as DmC, people playing Nero would be holding down a ton of buttons; lock-on, Charge Shot, Stance, maybe even Hold occasionally.

It's generally a very clunky control scheme for a Devil May Cry game, which is unsurprising because it came straight from Heavenly Sword, a God of War clone all about crowd control.

And I never want to see double analog moves other than an unlocked double analog input starting a dash. DmC's moves like Stinger/Streak/Flush were horrible to use. Give me lock-on plus directional inputs any day.

Who said the stance switching HAD to be on the triggers? Move them to L1/R1, and put Exceed in the same place it was in DMC4. I know I'll be crucified for this, but oh well. Hold is a move that will not be missed. It was pointless and didn't even look cool.

The only thing clunky about the control scheme was you had to hold the stance buttons, instead of having a toggle.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters game is made for PS3.(or until I'm tired of it)
#20RetsuxDPosted 8/19/2013 6:02:42 AM
If you se R1 for something else, where be lock-on?