So, about the "one million units sold" claim...

#31KyryloPosted 8/27/2013 3:20:52 AM
Strelok posted...
He could choose.
Support it, or lose his job.

That is how Capcom rolls.

I dont believe it. Capcom is so deep in ass with devs, that they won't risk firing him. Besides, it was made, because he "couldn't decide" what to do with DMC.
#32StrelokPosted 8/27/2013 4:27:09 AM
I believe it, because it seems right up Capcoms alley. It's not like they didn't fire/chase off all their other good designers...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#33KyryloPosted 8/27/2013 4:31:07 AM
Strelok posted...
I believe it, because it seems right up Capcoms alley. It's not like they didn't fire/chase off all their other good designers...

They have to little left. He, Ono and that's pretty much it from big designers.
#34W3lkinPosted 8/27/2013 6:53:58 AM
rice_noodles posted...
Several years back, Ono was like "oh, there won't be special editions for SF4. It won't be all lulzy like the millions of editions of SF3."

Glad that worked out.

Not his fault, Capcom hoped that the community would transition from SSF4 straight to SFxTekken, and then planned to release updates for that game instead. However the game flopped, the community hated it and they were forced to change plan and return support to the far more successful SF4.

If SFxTekken succeeded, SF4 would still get stuck at the original Arcade Edition and now Capcom would be working on Super SFxTekken or something like that.
#35Blackmarvel79Posted 8/27/2013 10:18:38 AM(edited)
Why is this even a topic. The game did sale over a million copies. The problem for capcom was that the amount sold is still less than the third revision on what the target was. The other problem is people are still but hurt it sold that many. I like the problem. Capcoms bummed they didnt sale more, and the people who hate this game for the reason that its not DMC are mad that it sold over a mill. Cant go wrong with both groups butthurt. (added for edit. NPD doesnt have walmart,target or meijerssales figures and other national chains dont report game sales figures to NPD. So those of you who think NPD justify your claims, your wrong. NPD is incomplete.)
---
Currently Playing Ninja Gaidan 2 and Zelda OOS and OOA.
#36Pesmerga255Posted 8/27/2013 10:18:25 AM
Bro, learn basic spelling.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#37Blackmarvel79Posted 8/27/2013 10:19:06 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...

Bro get over the butthurt.
---
Currently Playing Ninja Gaidan 2 and Zelda OOS and OOA.
#38SmashwarlocksPosted 8/27/2013 10:20:26 AM
Lol. People still use NPD.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#39aznghostbuster(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:10:20 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Why is this even a topic. The game did sale over a million copies. The problem for capcom was that the amount sold is still less than the third revision on what the target was. The other problem is people are still but hurt it sold that many. I like the problem. Capcoms bummed they didnt sale more, and the people who hate this game for the reason that its not DMC are mad that it sold over a mill. Cant go wrong with both groups butthurt. (added for edit. NPD doesnt have walmart,target or meijerssales figures and other national chains dont report game sales figures to NPD. So those of you who think NPD justify your claims, your wrong. NPD is incomplete.)

You, including some other people say that DmC has indeed sold over a million, yet I've seen no valid proof to support that claim. At least NPD gives us some sort of grasp on the sales issue. Capcom's "word" is as reliable as a blind and deaf lifeguard with an extreme case of aquaphobia.
---
Stay salty, folks...
#40OracleGunnerPosted 8/27/2013 5:39:29 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Bro get over the butthurt.

Bro Play Ninja Gaiden 2.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.