So about that devil may cry movie

#1Mother-NesuPosted 8/21/2013 3:26:10 PM
For those who remember the one that was talked about toward the end of 2012. Judging by the failure of DmC, do you think it will still going to be made or do you think it's probably canceled? Because i dont think they released anything about it since the release of DmC.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/devil-may-cry-movie-go
#2SiLVeR_420Posted 8/21/2013 3:35:36 PM
Thing was never going to happen. Only Shatters fool mind thought it would.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#3Mother-Nesu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 3:39:50 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Thing was never going to happen. Only Shatters fool mind thought it would.

Well it is/was made by the same group who made ther resident evil movies. The resident evil movie franchise is a pretty big success to,being confirmed the best movie franchise based off a game making over 600 million. Id be suprised if they dont try it.
#4myghostisdeadPosted 8/21/2013 3:40:25 PM
It has been listed as in development on IMDb since announcement.
#5Rising_shadowPosted 8/21/2013 4:22:22 PM
Best movie franchise based off a game? Pfft, the only things the RE movies have in common with the games is zombies. The movie series is a vehicle for the director's mary sue wife and little else. It's a telling sign that Alice Sue had RE5 Wesker's abilities even before Wesker, who beat the ever loving crap out of Chris and Jill, even had.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#6Mother-Nesu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 5:11:10 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Best movie franchise based off a game? Pfft, the only things the RE movies have in common with the games is zombies. The movie series is a vehicle for the director's mary sue wife and little else. It's a telling sign that Alice Sue had RE5 Wesker's abilities even before Wesker, who beat the ever loving crap out of Chris and Jill, even had.

Um... isnt it in the book of world records for being the best movie franchise based off a game? :o
#7myghostisdeadPosted 8/21/2013 5:27:33 PM
RE is a much larger and much more well known franchise than DMC. I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead with the movie but a DMC movie has been discussed before and never saw the light of day. Plus, with the lackluster amount of sales and less than cozy reception to a game that was planned to sell much higher who knows? I would have thought they would have wanted to release the movie and DmC game very close together to bolster sales.
#8caffiend7Posted 8/21/2013 5:36:04 PM
Didn't you get the memo? It was already made but they changed the name to warm bodies, it also flopped.
#9ZeroX91Posted 8/21/2013 5:37:58 PM
...I liked warm bodies...
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWef0Ic_QE
#10SiLVeR_420Posted 8/21/2013 6:46:07 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
...I liked warm bodies...

It was okay. Nothing great about it but eh.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?