If capcom didn't make the 1,1 million sales statment....

#1produnerPosted 8/25/2013 4:50:07 AM
Lets say that Capcom admitted that DmC was a flop and share holders were not interested, thus Capcom having less funds for any future projects like DMC5.

Isn't that supposed to be bad for anti's XD?

Wut about pros? Do you want DmC to flop just to avoid making another DMC5? Since investing in DmC2 would be another flop?

Wut do you guys think? People were against the weakly supported, illogical number of 1.1 million copies sold, and some were popping off to the numbers, thinking that the game broke even and will not warrant a DMC5, since it is a better investment.
---
"You need to stop making fun of Brazilians. Your account is going to lose posting privileges at this rate."gfaqs lead mod/admin.
#2Ink-RibbonPosted 8/25/2013 5:32:41 AM
Personally, I would love seeing both DmC 2 ( aka Vergil's Awakening ) and Devils Never Cry ( aka DMC 5).

If both games get a chance ( which I would love it, I must admit), then hopefully they finally wrap things up.

I don't want to see endless DMC sequels like Dynasty Warriors game. The game must come full circle. Get rid of numbers for possible sequels. By DMC 1 ending, Dante changed his shop's name and Trish even said the new name. I know continuity isn't a strong poin in DMC universe, BUT I would like to see Capcom adressing that in the next game. XD

Regarding DmC franchise, I think DmC 2 ( aka Vergil's Awakening) must close the story. Vergil comes back stronger, Dante discovers more about his own. He finally starts making business by hunting demons that were released by the ending of the first game. Vergil tries to ambush the entire world with his army, and Dante finally will have to face his brother.

Regarding Devils Never Cry, we know Mundus is still alive, though sealed. This time, they can send Dante to hell, where he will finally defeat and destroy Mundus for once and for all. It's time to end the series, or at least one of them, if one game gets a chance to be released. ;)

It could be intense, amazing, rough, tough, savage, delicious and tastefully done. I say yes.
#3produner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 5:43:38 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Personally, I would love seeing both DmC 2 ( aka Vergil's Awakening ) and Devils Never Cry ( aka DMC 5).

If both games get a chance ( which I would love it, I must admit), then hopefully they finally wrap things up.

I don't want to see endless DMC sequels like Dynasty Warriors game. The game must come full circle. Get rid of numbers for possible sequels. By DMC 1 ending, Dante changed his shop's name and Trish even said the new name. I know continuity isn't a strong poin in DMC universe, BUT I would like to see Capcom adressing that in the next game. XD

Regarding DmC franchise, I think DmC 2 ( aka Vergil's Awakening) must close the story. Vergil comes back stronger, Dante discovers more about his own. He finally starts making business by hunting demons that were released by the ending of the first game. Vergil tries to ambush the entire world with his army, and Dante finally will have to face his brother.

Regarding Devils Never Cry, we know Mundus is still alive, though sealed. This time, they can send Dante to hell, where he will finally defeat and destroy Mundus for once and for all. It's time to end the series, or at least one of them, if one game gets a chance to be released. ;)

It could be intense, amazing, rough, tough, savage, delicious and tastefully done. I say yes.

You should attend some reading comprehension classes XD

I am talking about sales numbers from a financial prospective. Is that "fake" number a good thing in the sake of grabbing share holder's attention to warrant a sequel to DMC5, since DmC is obviously not a good investment?

1.1 million is obviously low and less than 2.4 million, but it is better than 700k or admitting that the game flopped, which means Capcom is not a good corporation to invest in. That will also affect capcom's projects in general.

I mean if I had stocks in Capcom and I was doing a long term investment, I wouldn't invest anymore after such a massive flop, but I would if Capcom is going to release a good, financially successful product, especially if it was a failed experiment like DmC.
---
"You need to stop making fun of Brazilians. Your account is going to lose posting privileges at this rate."gfaqs lead mod/admin.
#4Ink-RibbonPosted 8/25/2013 5:48:38 AM
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

I am talking about sales numbers from a financial prospective. Is that "fake" number a good thing in the sake of grabbing share holder's attention to warrant a sequel to DMC5, since DmC is obviously not a good investment?

1.1 million is obviously low and less than 2.4 million, but it is better than 700k or admitting that the game flopped, which means Capcom is not a good corporation to invest in. That will also affect capcom's projects in general.

I mean if I had stocks in Capcom and I was doing a long term investment, I wouldn't invest anymore after such a massive flop, but I would if Capcom is going to release a good, financially successful product, especially if it was a failed experiment like DmC.

Oh, I keep what I said above. XD

The only difference is that you should add this line "Despite the low sales for DmC" before my post. Then, keep everything else I wrote. ;)

I really thought you would assume I'm optimistic about both games, despite sales. Then again, I like explaining myself over and over and over. Sometimes it's intense and reasonable enough.
#5Vault_ZeroPosted 8/25/2013 9:23:36 AM
produner posted...
Lets say that Capcom admitted that DmC was a flop and share holders were not interested, thus Capcom having less funds for any future projects like DMC5.

Isn't that supposed to be bad for anti's XD?

Wut about pros? Do you want DmC to flop just to avoid making another DMC5? Since investing in DmC2 would be another flop?

Wut do you guys think? People were against the weakly supported, illogical number of 1.1 million copies sold, and some were popping off to the numbers, thinking that the game broke even and will not warrant a DMC5, since it is a better investment.

I am not sure anyone is interested in what Capcom does besides laugh at the next moronic move they make.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#6produner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 10:24:40 AM(edited)
Ink-Ribbon posted...
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

Oh, I keep what I said above. XD

The only difference is that you should add this line "Despite the low sales for DmC" before my post. Then, keep everything else I wrote. ;)

I really thought you would assume I'm optimistic about both games, despite sales. Then again, I like explaining myself over and over and over. Sometimes it's intense and reasonable enough.

Dem bad genes. This is why you carefully spread love and peace XD while using condoms.
---
#7RetsuxDPosted 8/25/2013 10:38:57 AM
Decline in quality due to excessive s***posting.
#8produner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:02:27 AM
RetsuxD posted...
Decline in quality due to excessive s***posting.

I will not give ur mum enough shekels if u don stahp
---
#9darkslayer001Posted 8/25/2013 11:28:10 AM
What better way to tell Capcom that no one is interested in their terrible reboot than the poor sales.
Capcom is gradually loosing money but that doesn't mean they don't have funding for another game.
#10produner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:34:43 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
What better way to tell Capcom that no one is interested in their terrible reboot than the poor sales.
Capcom is gradually loosing money but that doesn't mean they don't have funding for another game.

Ono blatantly admitted that he doesn't have the funding to make a SFV. Capcom didn't announce any AAA title except for RE7, and that is not official as I remember.
---