If capcom didn't make the 1,1 million sales statment....

#51RetsuxDPosted 8/27/2013 1:56:57 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
produner posted...
DD doesn't look like a high budget game. It wasn't advertised to ***** and the most resource consuming aspects of video games were not the selling point of DD; it didn't focus on presentation, models, voice actors and mocap.

Not sure about its budget, but that's the impression that I got from playing it. Most of expensive video games share the trait of focusing on presentation, graphics and marketing, which led me to think that DD isn't a high budget vidya.

Dragon's Dogma is Capcom's second most expensive project ever made (RE6 is the first). Where did that money go? Beats me.

Beaches and hoses.
#52Rising_shadowPosted 8/27/2013 2:54:20 PM
Well, DD might be a game that will pay itself off more easily than DmC ever will. By having a foundation they can build on already there it'll be much cheaper to make sequels. They've got the resources, models, the engine et all already done and it's a type of game where sequels are the norm. By contrast, DmC reused all of its assets for Vorgel's Acid Trip and it was pretty blatant that 99% of each level was pure recycling. That and DD doesn't blow wet chunks.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#53produner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 3:04:54 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
produner posted...
DD doesn't look like a high budget game. It wasn't advertised to ***** and the most resource consuming aspects of video games were not the selling point of DD; it didn't focus on presentation, models, voice actors and mocap.

Not sure about its budget, but that's the impression that I got from playing it. Most of expensive video games share the trait of focusing on presentation, graphics and marketing, which led me to think that DD isn't a high budget vidya.

Dragon's Dogma is Capcom's second most expensive project ever made (RE6 is the first). Where did that money go? Beats me.

Source?
---
"You need to stop making fun of Brazilians. Your account is going to lose posting privileges at this rate."gfaqs lead mod/admin.
#54Pesmerga255Posted 8/27/2013 3:05:29 PM
ur mum
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#55RetsuxDPosted 8/27/2013 3:18:47 PM
#shotsfired
#56produner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 3:33:22 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
ur mum

#SickBurn

But ur mum is moe
---
"You need to stop making fun of Brazilians. Your account is going to lose posting privileges at this rate."gfaqs lead mod/admin.
#57RagueltheUFOPosted 8/28/2013 2:48:15 AM
Crapcom is dead.

I mean they pulled a Megaman Legends 3 on the Ace Attorney fanbase.

Here we are making petitions, begging them for a physical copy and then they say no because "It's going to take too much time".

Let me get this straight. Not only are they lazy with translating a physical copy into English but they want to RUSH this game in October when POKEMON X/Y and all the other games like I don't know Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Disgaea a Brighter Darkness is coming out.

And does anyone know what happens when you rush a visual novel game? You get translation errors.

Yet fanboys defend this with "At least we're getting the game at all."

That's stupid! I mean seriously! Ace Attorney has an established fanbase and this is how they treat a fanbase that has been holding out.

So what do I do with the other games? Watch the game online and they get no money. I mean it's not like there's going to be a stupid person buying 10 copies of a digital copy.
#58rice_noodlesPosted 8/28/2013 6:21:34 AM
RagueltheUFO posted...
Yet fanboys defend this with "At least we're getting the game at all."

Remember the really special people who went "don't bite the hand that feeds you"? These gamers are too amazing.
#59_Uwye_Posted 8/28/2013 7:08:14 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
Well, DD might be a game that will pay itself off more easily than DmC ever will. By having a foundation they can build on already there it'll be much cheaper to make sequels. They've got the resources, models, the engine et all already done and it's a type of game where sequels are the norm. By contrast, DmC reused all of its assets for Vorgel's Acid Trip and it was pretty blatant that 99% of each level was pure recycling. That and DD doesn't blow wet chunks.

They can't reuse that stuff for next-gen and Dark Arisen (the Semi Sequel/Expansion Pack) as far as I know was a mega bomb.

produner posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
produner posted...

Source?

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/422519/interview_capcom_video_game_director_hideaki_itsuno/

There has been a lot of speculation that Dragonís Dogma is Capcomís biggest and most expensive game produced. Can you confirm of deny this?

Hideaki Itsuno: Iím not sure if it is the most expensive, but I do know it is one of the most expensive projects at Capcom, and that it also has the most staff working on it. Within the company, we have 150 people currently working on it. If we include outsourced staff, that adds another 150 people for a total of 300. As for why it costs so much money and needs so many people, the game has a lot of content and there also numerous technical challenges, which should become evident once you play the game. For example, we used between fifty to sixty people to do the voice acting for the game.

http://www.webpronews.com/dragons-dogma-gets-two-new-trailers-from-capcom-2012-04

Capcom has said in the past that this is their most expensive project ever and Iím willing to believe them.

http://www.giantbomb.com/dragons-dogma/3030-34776/

It is said to be the biggest and most expensive game they have ever produced.
#60SmashwarlocksPosted 8/28/2013 8:42:20 AM
No_one_special posted...
Smashwarlocks posted...
http://www.gamespot.com//news/capcom-praises-dmc-and-dragons-dogma-in-fy13-earnings-6408084?

According to the fiscal post it did and it helped them make a profit. I really dont think Capcom would say this game sold that many units in their Fiscal Year 13 report if it didnt. But i find it Humorous that Resident Evil 6 sold 4.9 million units and it didnt contribute to Capcoms overall profit. But hey the bad games they keep shipping out has hurt them pretty good so far. 56 percent down on profit from last year. Maybe they will get the hint and hire truly good developers.

The only source we have that DmC turned a profit is Capcom themselves. Meanwhile, credible third-party sales trackers have it listed as a flop.

Yeah but the only problem about third party trackers for sales, they do not get reports from retailers like Walmart. Just retailers Like Gamestop and Amazon. That being said it wouldnt always make that much of a difference. Also capcom stating sales figures in a fiscal report to investors that are wrong would be fraud and would cost them far more in fines and investor fallout than it woud be worth for the short term. So in saying that the game sold over a million. Regardless of how bad many people think the game is.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.