Has anyone here made their own Combo video?

#1Rasendori124Posted 9/9/2013 3:13:54 PM
For any DMC game at all ? Be it basic or advanced and even old or new. If so i'd be glad to check em' out and share mine.
---
You will never forget this Devil's power. You are not worthy as my opponent.- Vergil
PSN-DevilNeverCry124. Go read the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King!
#2OracleGunnerPosted 9/9/2013 3:24:37 PM
Well I haven't. I don't have the necessary skills.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#3Rasendori124(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 3:37:38 PM
OracleGunner posted...
Well I haven't. I don't have the necessary skills.

Well not all combo videos have to be showing leet skillz that leave your hands all sore afterwards. They could include some simple gameplay showing off your favorite combos with some artistic flair in video editing. I actually made a really simple one back in january which i guess i'll post to show what i mean .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk87xVP-zJE
---
You will never forget this Devil's power. You are not worthy as my opponent.- Vergil
#4StepswordsmanPosted 9/9/2013 4:20:55 PM
i tried to do that for DMC3, mainly because I felt that Gunslinger was underrepresented and (rightfully) unappreciated, but never made anything worth sharing with anyone. Was really excited for the last TST, but it quickly became clear that others are way above my skill level, so I just stopped recording DMC3 videos at all.

Looking back at it, it really seems like a shame, because I think I still haven't deleted my PoP:WW "combo" videos.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#5Rasendori124(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 4:26:03 PM
Stepswordsman posted...
i tried to do that for DMC3, mainly because I felt that Gunslinger was underrepresented and (rightfully) unappreciated, but never made anything worth sharing with anyone. Was really excited for the last TST, but it quickly became clear that others are way above my skill level, so I just stopped recording DMC3 videos at all.

Looking back at it, it really seems like a shame, because I think I still haven't deleted my PoP:WW "combo" videos.

Yeah when you compare yourself to others thats when it seems like all the effort you put into the videos is for nothing as there skill level is crazy. But you gotta remember they play DMC like its a frickin religion or olympic sport day in and day out.
---
#6jayganautPosted 9/9/2013 4:55:11 PM
I post videos for DMC4 (only under a different name) and I may enter the next TST if it comes around, though I'd like to get a bit better first. But to be honest I'd probably still enter regardless.
#7TheOriginalMaxPosted 9/10/2013 8:20:43 AM
Rasendori124 posted...
Stepswordsman posted...

Yeah when you compare yourself to others thats when it seems like all the effort you put into the videos is for nothing as there skill level is crazy. But you gotta remember they play DMC like its a frickin religion or olympic sport day in and day out.

Aww, man, don't be disheartened you two! Who knows, maybe sharing those videos just helps you become better? And hey, at least you won't regret never posting the video! ^_^

And no, I'm not talking as if I were any good at all in video games xD
It's just something I've learned in life: it's a good idea to at least give it a try, and it's also alright to ask for help. It may even help one better themselves.

Although it's true there will always be that crappy person out there who just ****s on everyone else, but those people aren't exactly the happiest in the world. The best way to deal with those types of people is to just ignore them and let them mature in peace. If they never mature? Sucks for them, really. I have seen what something like that does to a person and the outcome really isn't a happy person =/
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#8jayganautPosted 9/10/2013 10:47:29 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
Aww, man, don't be disheartened you two! Who knows, maybe sharing those videos just helps you become better? And hey, at least you won't regret never posting the video! ^_^

Exactly, I've entered a couple of tournaments and it always makes you improve so much faster when you're doing things for people to watch, plus it's always nice to see how far you've come and have something to look back on.

I'd never worry about being as "good" as other players though, the people in the community that upload videos are all really nice and complimentary, even to newer players. Just upload things if you want to get involved and have fun :)
#9prince_nagashPosted 9/10/2013 3:46:13 PM(edited)
Honestly, I believe that seeing the in-between videos can be encouraging, because it is evidence of a progression. So people will at least get a feel for where everyone is at.

On a side note, should there be an entry law for videogame conventions that ban people that intuitively suck at videogames from playing them when the company direct-feed records it.

It's depressing seeing convention previews with someone that doesn't look like they understand the premise of Pong.

Hard to balance though because we don't want to take anything away from people, haha, maybe they're having fun.
#10StepswordsmanPosted 9/10/2013 3:55:48 PM(edited)
Why'd you ban people who don't know how to play? There's no way to tell how bad are they until you see them. And if it's a bracket tournament of some sort, they'll drop out in the first one or two matches anyway, depending whether a losers bracket is present or not.

If it's something like TST, though, I guess you would be wasting everyone's time with a bad video. But that's where low amount of competitors is a blessing.

And, on a side note, TST, a fan competition hosted by Joch, still had a larger presence than that official DmC tournament that never even happened.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.