Capcom's 3 titles that sold over a million

#1shatterstarPosted 9/10/2013 10:46:01 AM
Capcom has released its fiscal 2013 report, in which it reveals the sales figures of recent releases.

In total, 14 million of the publisher's games were sold at retail though only three titles managed to break the 1 million sales mark.

#1: Resident Evil: 4.9 million (under performed)

#2: DmC: 1.15 million (under performed)

#3: Dragon Dogma: 1.3 million (performed well for a new IP)

(Source)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/10/capcom-games-sell-well-but-miss-targets

PS: There it is mates!

The 3 Capcom titles that broke the million mark. DmC clearly sold over a million copies since it's listed as one of the 3. But continue to live in denial...antis.

That makes 2 Ninja Theory games that sold over a million. Keep up the good work Ninja Theory and I can't wait to play your next IP.
#2AkanesasusoraPosted 9/10/2013 10:53:45 AM
Who gives a f***.
---
Official Two Become One of the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Board
#3FrostDancer289Posted 9/10/2013 10:56:35 AM
Oh here we go again.
---
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes
#4Rising_shadowPosted 9/10/2013 11:35:46 AM
Good old shatter, he's so happy to see DmC sell over a million despite the fact that it still sold like ****.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#5NINFanboyPosted 9/10/2013 11:38:09 AM
Wow, all this time I thought DmC was a terrible excuse for a HnS, let alone a DMC game, but now you've opened my eyes.

(I guess that's what you wanted to hear.)
---
The internet in a nutshell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaHarYdJ2O8
#6StepswordsmanPosted 9/10/2013 11:43:06 AM
#2: DmC: 1.15 million (under performed)

Remind me again, that's less than 5 millions they wanted and 2 millions they expected after reality slapped them in the face, right?
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#7rice_noodlesPosted 9/10/2013 11:45:55 AM
Someone else post the quotes.
#8DMANSLANDPosted 9/10/2013 11:53:39 AM
Rockstar has spent $265 million in development for GTA5 making it the most expensive video game ever made, they made all of that back in pre-orders alone.

Resident Evil 6 had 600 developers working on it, Capcom was barely able to make that money back selling only 4.9 million while RE5 sold 6.1 million.

Guess what the difference between the 2 are.
---
PSN: DMANSLAND GT: DMANSLANDs
#9StepswordsmanPosted 9/10/2013 11:59:48 AM
DMANSLAND posted...
Rockstar has spent $265 million in development for GTA5 making it the most expensive video game ever made, they made all of that back in pre-orders alone.

Resident Evil 6 had 600 developers working on it, Capcom was barely able to make that money back selling only 4.9 million while RE5 sold 6.1 million.

One spent more money on advertising than the other? Honestly, if there's one thing that there's no shortage of on this planet, it's GTA5 ads.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#10shatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 12:21:08 PM(edited)
NINFanboy posted...
Wow, all this time I thought DmC was a terrible excuse for a HnS, let alone a DMC game, but now you've opened my eyes.

(I guess that's what you wanted to hear.)

Nah mate.

I just wanted you to know that it's another DMC game that sold over a million is all. but thanks for telling what you're obviously thinking thought...;)

Because it not like any game from this, now, mediocre/dated franchise will ever sell 5 million copies period. DMC4 had to bundled with PS3 consoles to squeeze 2 million.

I'm just so surprised that Capcom believed in DmC enough to think that it would sell 5 million..lol.

DMANSLAND posted...

What does an open world game profit has to do with a linear hack and slash game. In a genre that slowly dying as we speak?

That's like comparing apples with oranges mate. But look who I'm responding to...:)