What made you not buy this game?

#1Ariel_ServicePosted 9/13/2013 3:24:09 PM
What was the reason you passed on this? (if you did obviously) - Results (121 votes)
Tammem and Alex's poor PR
33.06% (40 votes)
Protest against changing of Dante
9.92% (12 votes)
Game Engine change
6.61% (8 votes)
Art direction
1.65% (2 votes)
Capcom boycott
14.05% (17 votes)
Money (couldn't buy it full at price)
4.13% (5 votes)
word of mouth (a convincing negative point of view)
6.61% (8 votes)
Protest against story reboot
9.09% (11 votes)
You never get anything at full price anyway
0.83% (1 votes)
other
14.05% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
just wondering if the general consensus was that Tam Tam and Alexy fish were the main reasons for this not flying off the shelves.

It was for me, more than anything else!
---
PSN: Ariel_Service
#2StrelokPosted 9/13/2013 3:25:13 PM
I will select Capcom Boycott as, really, a lot on that list is a reason, but the biggeest reason is that I stopped buying anything new Capcom related. And I wouldn't buy this ever.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#3Ariel_Service(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 4:21:01 PM(edited)
Strelok posted...
I will select Capcom Boycott as, really, a lot on that list is a reason, but the biggeest reason is that I stopped buying anything new Capcom related. And I wouldn't buy this ever.

I agree and I can't physically make myself buy this, even as six of them sit at the bargain bin at my gamestop. It just makes me sad.
---
PSN: Ariel_Service
#4StrelokPosted 9/13/2013 5:42:58 PM
Now tell yourself, if a game that came out barely 7 months back is already in the bargain bin, how bad is it?
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#5StepswordsmanPosted 9/13/2013 6:59:28 PM
Due to lack of options involving gameplay and design, I picked "convincing word of mouth". Specifically, Tameem's. It's one thing when you are a failure at PR, and another when you just go and show all the glaring flaws in your game, such as, well, everything about it (think of the E3 demo).

I knew that this game would be a failure, but still desired to educate myself when it came out. Numerous videos of idiotic glitches (some of which I experienced myself after playing on PC, which had most of the glitches patched) and combat that looked as bland as it actually was, even when the players were trying their best, would have sealed the deal if I wasn't determined to never buy it already.

Still, even though I hated gameplay the most, I'd cite the idiotic story, tasteless visual design and music, and the game being full of glitches, as the main reasons why others shouldn't buy it. It's really a blessing when the game is awful at everything, because if your initial point seems unconvincing, you can go "by the way, did you hear that gameplay also sucks?" and be certain that if they look it up later, you won't come off as being full of crap.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#6bigdom93Posted 9/13/2013 6:59:39 PM
all except never buying new
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#7ReceiverxWisdomPosted 9/13/2013 8:11:25 PM
Just the bad PR in general, here's some examples:

-The leaked wig scene being a reality.

-The unnecessary photoshop of DMC4 Dante in brokeback mountain slideshows after DmC's launch with Ninja Theory stating 'this is not how our Dante would act or dress.' It was something along those lines of implicating the old Dante was homosexual as well (correct me if wrong but NT did do something like this.)

-Tameem's twitter wars.

-Never answering the 30fps question (even after the fans already knew about it.)

-Trying to make up bulls*** that the game still feels like 60 fps after the revelation.

-Alex Jones being completely disinterested in fan feedback during a live stream.

-The whole "old Dante would get laughed out in a bar' statement.

-Trying to justify that the puerile writing in this game rivals the best of what cinema has to offer.

There is plenty, PLENTY more to add to this list as well. In conclusion Capcom spit on the old fanbase too much for me to ever justify this crap. This is literally the first Capcom game that I took a huge pass on because the whole concept behind it was just a gross offense to me.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#8RukumouruPosted 9/13/2013 8:17:40 PM
While I voted for "change of dante" (not physically, but in personality and mannerisms), it was really a combination of many factors.

The art direction is too, how PR people like to call it, "gritty and visceral". The overall theming took a nosedive for the "edgy" and the "cheap shock value" with abortions by sniper, hookers, sex scenes... The console version of the game is sub-30 nigh-unplayable garbage with egregious input lag, the core game mechanics and physics just don't feel polished or satisfying...

In short, a lot went wrong with this game. Not TERRIBLY wrong in some aspects (it's very technically competent on PC and the combat system is avobe average), but it was a relative catastrophe compared to the previous entry in the series.

Stupid PR/Tameem and deliberate trolling of the fanbase really didn't help either.
#9ReceiverxWisdomPosted 9/13/2013 8:18:26 PM
Strelok posted...

Yep. I'm all for people boycotting them. They deserve it really. Capcom has FIRED good talent, put out more garbage and their games won't even push in that much profit to considerably keep them afloat in the near future if DLC is their only answer (Another trash practice).

Seems like the consumer will have the last laugh here for sure.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#10StrelokPosted 9/13/2013 10:28:20 PM
Capcoms entire DLC practice is one of the bigger reasons why I decided to simply boycot them.
I didn't even get the Ducktales Remastered game and I f***ing *LOVED* the NES and Gameboy games!
---