C/D A Real Gamer would not buy DmC.

#1BigKahn21Posted 10/2/2013 6:54:48 PM
Confirm.

It killed the Devil may Cry series but now Capcom is struggling to stay alive JUST because of DmC.

A real gamer would not purchase or play DmC. At all due to the trouble the game has caused.

Confirm or Deny?
---
Keeping gaming alive.
#2Mother-NesuPosted 10/2/2013 7:58:56 PM(edited)
Capcom isnt dying because of DmC. In fact thats just one of the smaller reasons, it all lead up to this over time. Capcom has produced almost nothing but failures in the past few years. Thats obvious. And the game itself didnt cause problems, It was the producers who thought it would be a good idea for an unnecessary reboot. Especially when the story wasnt even nearing its end. Imo DmC is a great game, it's just not cut out to be a "Devil May Cry" game. Im sure if it wasnt a devil may cry game but instead a stand alone title it would have sold pretty good.

And DmC is one of the Capcoms only 3 games that hit the million mark in terms of sales. So thats definitely not the only reason.
#3StrelokPosted 10/2/2013 8:01:28 PM
I think DmC is a horribly lackluster game, a game that should have had a LOT more polish, and no ties to the DMC franchise.

Had NT been working on actually polishing the games instead of slapping together Month One 1 hour DLC campaigns, insulting the franchise and the userbase and working on input given from the demo it might have been a decent game if stand-alone, but as it stands it's a horrible and buggy piece of crap that makes Skyrim look free of bugs.
PS: I like Skyrim
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#4darkslayer001Posted 10/2/2013 9:03:41 PM
Mother-Nesu posted...
Im sure if it wasnt a devil may cry game but instead a stand alone title it would have sold pretty good.

pretty sure that is not the case. the fact the Devil may cry title and the "hate" campaign is the only reason it made a few bucks, other than that it would have sold just like Remember Me.
DmC is more akin to a PSN HnS game than a triple A title tbh.
#5StrelokPosted 10/2/2013 9:05:32 PM
Hey now, PSN actually has some decent titles!
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#6DuuuDe14Posted 10/2/2013 11:55:00 PM
Go away Kahn. And shut up Nesu.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#7Ether101Posted 10/3/2013 2:45:05 AM
Strelok posted...

Like Double Dragon: Neon. Everyone here should have picked up that tittle and pestered WayForward about that online Co-Op patch that they promised us.
---
River City Ransom: Underground needs 45063 CAD with 6 days to go.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground
#8SiLVeR_420Posted 10/3/2013 4:13:45 AM
Ether101 posted...
Strelok posted...

Like Double Dragon: Neon. Everyone here should have picked up that tittle and pestered WayForward about that online Co-Op patch that they promised us.

Eh...couch coop is better suited for beat em ups like that.
---
Sister complex kingpin of steel!
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
#9GamenamebullyPosted 10/3/2013 4:48:14 AM
A real gamer would buy anything that peaks their interests whether its the original Devil may Crys or the Reboot so Deny.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#10Ether101Posted 10/3/2013 5:07:40 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Ether101 posted...
Strelok posted...

Eh...couch coop is better suited for beat em ups like that.

Not for me, plus options make things better. Anyways, if more people would buy the game it would make it easier to get a sequel or real DLC.
---
River City Ransom: Underground needs 45063 CAD with 6 days to go.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground