Have Ninja Theory shoot themselves in the leg?

#51LightbornePosted 10/10/2013 3:58:32 PM
ufara posted...
Lightborne posted...
A better question is did fans shoot themselves in the foot? After how many problems fans caused with sales with all the bad mouthing, lies, and there consistency making sure no ones buys dmc do you honestly think they will make another? I doubt it and thanks to this we probably will never see an other one.

No worse than Tamtam and his overbloated ego despite making a mediocre game.

I never looked into that, allot of people claim that devs do this but issue just being defensive? It was a big budget game and I'd be upset to if it lost sales because fans did this to my game. Now many fans don't like it but other people do and unless he promised you dmc would just be like 3 then he didn't do anything wrong so really who's in the wrong here hmmmm?
#52OracleGunnerPosted 10/10/2013 4:01:26 PM
Lightborne posted...
ufara posted...
Lightborne posted...
A better question is did fans shoot themselves in the foot? After how many problems fans caused with sales with all the bad mouthing, lies, and there consistency making sure no ones buys dmc do you honestly think they will make another? I doubt it and thanks to this we probably will never see an other one.

I never looked into that, allot of people claim that devs do this but issue just being defensive? It was a big budget game and I'd be upset to if it lost sales because fans did this to my game. Now many fans don't like it but other people do and unless he promised you dmc would just be like 3 then he didn't do anything wrong so really who's in the wrong here hmmmm?

So a mediocre game is excused as long as the director did not say anything about it being good?

Okay where is the link that said something along the lines of: "It will feel like a DMC game".
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#53ufaraPosted 10/10/2013 4:07:51 PM
Maybe I'm just tired, but was that even English?

As for this being big budget, it wasn't supposed to be. NT is a cheap company. They just went overboard with, Avatar mocap, licensed music and licensed engine.

Not to mention the fact Capcom had to send people to NT because NT couldn't program combat worth a damned.
---
Leader of the Never Crying Devils crew for GTA Online. All about fun and missions.
Send me a PM if you want to join.
#54LightbornePosted 10/10/2013 4:14:18 PM
OracleGunner posted...
Lightborne posted...
ufara posted...
Lightborne posted...

So a mediocre game is excused as long as the director did not say anything about it being good?

Okay where is the link that said something along the lines of: "It will feel like a DMC game".

I know plenty if people that felt like it was dmc, everyone has there opinions on this just because its medicore to you doesn't mean it is, and yes if the dev didnt make false promises then it's stupid to call him egotistical for defending a game they are proud of.

And besides what makes you all experts? They are the devs its there company maybe you should of watched more vids before buying the game he didn't make you buy it.
#55SiLVeR_420Posted 10/10/2013 4:19:00 PM
Lightborne posted...
ufara posted...
Lightborne posted...

Except he and Capcom both promised DmC would feel like an actual DMC game. And it didn't.
He also promised the writing would rival the best th eater and film have to offer. It failed horribly at that.
---
Sister complex kingpin of steel!
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
#56ufaraPosted 10/10/2013 4:22:13 PM
Didn't he say something about rivaling the best of Hollywood and literature?

Or how that despite being 30 fps, it would play like 60 fps. (which shows a massive misunderstanding on how fps works in videogames.)
---
Leader of the Never Crying Devils crew for GTA Online. All about fun and missions.
#57OracleGunnerPosted 10/10/2013 4:23:02 PM
Lightborne posted...
OracleGunner posted...
Lightborne posted...
ufara posted...
Lightborne posted...

I know plenty if people that felt like it was dmc, everyone has there opinions on this just because its medicore to you doesn't mean it is, and yes if the dev didnt make false promises then it's stupid to call him egotistical for defending a game they are proud of.

And besides what makes you all experts? They are the devs its there company maybe you should of watched more vids before buying the game he didn't make you buy it.

They promised a game with a story that would "rival the best of Hollywood and theater".
What we got was a reality show.

They promised gameplay that would match DMC. What we got was a cheap copy.

It is mediocre, open your eyes and possibly your mind. Not only is the freedom gone, but all incentive to get better is destroyed. Combat is weak, empty and worse of all boring.

No one claimed to be an expert. You're making stuff up again. However compare Brea's DmC vid vs. her DMC 4 vid. You will see the difference immediately. And now blaming the costumer for daring to believe that a game would be good on faith? Wow light I knew you supported Capcom, but this is getting too far.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
#58LightbornePosted 10/10/2013 4:35:51 PM
I liked the story and yea it does rival some but most hollywood is crap. And dmc4 lol? Yea the story is crap and nero combat was gimmicky and repetitive as hell, now the fps thing I didnt know was promised for consoles I know on pc you get 30. And I'm not making up anything here there you go with the insults again from a nice healthy debate.

And yea some freedom is gone but it felt free to me because unlike you and many others I was expecting dante to be more limited because its not dmc5 its his first game, therefor he is suppose to be less skilled and powerful.

You say I'm blind yet you refuse to be subjective, you have nothig but personal feelings involved. I don't.

And I never said anyone claimed to be experts, I said they act like they are.
#59ufaraPosted 10/10/2013 4:40:55 PM
Liking something is subjective.

The quality can be measured. The story is full of plotholes and poor logic. The characterisation is amateurish and the dialog is childish.

Besides, Tamtam said the best of Hollywood. Does this come close?
---
#60OracleGunnerPosted 10/10/2013 4:48:10 PM
Lightborne posted...
I liked the story and yea it does rival some but most hollywood is crap. And dmc4 lol? Yea the story is crap and nero combat was gimmicky and repetitive as hell, now the fps thing I didnt know was promised for consoles I know on pc you get 30. And I'm not making up anything here there you go with the insults again from a nice healthy debate.

And yea some freedom is gone but it felt free to me because unlike you and many others I was expecting dante to be more limited because its not dmc5 its his first game, therefor he is suppose to be less skilled and powerful.

You say I'm blind yet you refuse to be subjective, you have nothig but personal feelings involved. I don't.

And I never said anyone claimed to be experts, I said they act like they are.

He said the best, not most or some, only the best. You may like it but that doesn't make it good. Have you seen the vids? No? Then shame on you, you poor thing.

Lol if I wanted to insult you I would do it to your face.

So you excuse the lack of freedom with that you like it? Lol. Actually in DMC3 he is younger and somehow he knows how to swing a sword.

Nothig? Really nothig? Light, my boy, if I showed any emotions it would be pity. Oh yes you do, you have a lot of emotions and subjectivity in this thread.
---