We all know that DmC is gonna win Best in Genre for 2013.

#1HellsControllerPosted 10/6/2013 10:34:13 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say that it will win best in genre from somewhere, Spike's VGA's most likely. Despite how much it doesn't deserve it over Rising, and being a horrible game in general, I can tell that it will win something. Not that it matters at this or any point, but I can't see it not winning at least something.

Please let me be wrong about this.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#2caffiend7Posted 10/6/2013 10:54:21 PM
Heh, as if
#3rice_noodlesPosted 10/6/2013 10:57:20 PM
>caring about VGA

ISHYGDDT
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 10/6/2013 11:12:59 PM
Just like it won all those other awards.... wait, I mean just like it won best...... or maybe how at that one con it........

Chances are the Best in genre won't go to either DmC or MGR. It'll go to something stupid instead of the one that deserves it (MGR).
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5HellsController(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 11:16:46 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Just like it won all those other awards.... wait, I mean just like it won best...... or maybe how at that one con it........

Chances are the Best in genre won't go to either DmC or MGR. It'll go to something stupid instead of the one that deserves it (MGR).

We saw how low gaming advertis-err "journalism" got when this game came out. I could see it as a last F*** You, courtesy of Donte and the media. Plus the influx of trolls it will bring to these (dead) boards.

Other than Rising and GoW, what other hack and slash games have come out this year?
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#6KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 10/6/2013 11:19:25 PM
HellsController posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

We saw how low gaming advertis-err "journalism" got when this game came out. I could see it as a last F*** You, courtesy of Donte and the media. Plus the influx of trolls it will bring to these (dead) boards.

Other than Rising and GoW, what other hack and slash games have come out this year?

It depends on your definition of HnS.

Some other users.... I won't name names..... don't even consider DmC or MGR to be actual HnS. They consider them action adventure beat em ups type games. Under that genre.... I give it to Wonderful 101.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#7KyryloPosted 10/7/2013 3:01:35 AM
sorry. not gonna happen. HnS isnt part of nomination. And in Action Adventure there are too many games that own it really hard.
#8Psychochild27Posted 10/7/2013 5:25:19 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
HellsController posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

It depends on your definition of HnS.

Some other users.... I won't name names..... don't even consider DmC or MGR to be actual HnS. They consider them action adventure beat em ups type games. Under that genre.... I give it to Wonderful 101.

Wonderful 101 is way more of a hack and slash action game than DmC. It has a ton of hidden depth and interaction between systems and abilities against enemies on the same level as DMC1, it has even greater Devil Trigger meter-style management due to evasive abilities eating into it that requires much more constant awareness of the resources you have, it has a ridiculously high skill ceiling that often requires much more forethought and buffering inputs (Unite Morphs, anyways) than most stylish action games I've seen in performing combos, it constantly rewards experimentation of your full movelist and the bosses are easily the best the genre had to offer in a long, long time.

The only reason people dismiss it as a hack and slash game is out of ignorance of what it actually is when it's simply a unique take on the genre. I think the Two Best Friends Podcast put it best when they said (Paraphrasing) that other stylish action games have you trying to crowd controlling enemies while with Wonderful 101, it goes both ways and it drastically changes how the game is played.
#9KyryloPosted 10/7/2013 5:32:20 AM
Dont forget in visual presentation he's against games like Bioshock Infinite and GTA V.
#10syctheweilderPosted 10/7/2013 11:27:26 AM
so in terms of bloom abuse, who takes the cake between infinite and DmC?