So I found all the cutscenes put together as one big movie on Youtube...spoilers

#31KyryloPosted 10/17/2013 2:06:25 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
ufara posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
KoolAssAssassin posted...
The point I was making was that Dante in DmC differed from classic Dante really only as much as you might see in the average variation of comic characters from writer to writer

Riiiiight.

Old Dante finds a weapon: does crazy sheet with it.

Nu Dante finds a weapon: looks at them for a moment and walks away.

Old Dante never smoked and drinks tomato juice.

Nu Dante used to smoke and gets regularly wasted.

The same!

Actually, OG Dante did drink as evident by the bottle of Jack he has in his office. He just drank responsibly.

Yeah, but that was DMC1, when he was older. In the DMC3 manga (when he's around the same age as DmC Dante) he drinks tomato juice and I've seen no reference of him drinking alcholoic beverages anywhere. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually you can spot bottles of Jack Daniels in his office in DMC3.
#32Dark_EpathyPosted 10/17/2013 9:24:32 AM
Actually thinking about it, if nDante really identified with humanity, he should be lamenting about their current demon infested situation. Not celebrating his victory.

You don't get to see him lament because he's immediately fighting with Vergil. Mundus is dead--that's a victory. Now they can work on rebuilding.

For DmC Dante, getting a shot at a life on their own terms is more important than succumbing to "peace" while their souls are slowly being harvested by a megalomaniacal demon king. That's the difference, and it doesn't change the fact that he still identifies with the humans while Vergil identifies with the angels and demons.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#33ZeroX91Posted 10/17/2013 9:26:48 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
smithkakarot posted...
He DOES mention being so drunk that he proposed to a mop at one point.

That was one of multiple "liberties" Tokyopop took when translating the manga.

Original: "Hand Alice over already. I don't have any more tomato juice at home, you see."

...You realize there are these little things called mixed drinks and cocktails, quite a few of which involve tomato juice and are usually a lot harder than straight beer or liquor.(despite being more girly, they mix multiple kinds, just take a look at a long island iced tea) Pretty sure the Hand Over Alice is a fictional one...or Asian.

Either way he is just bragging about his drinking prowess.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWef0Ic_QE
#34UbberDevilPosted 10/17/2013 10:31:59 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
smithkakarot posted...
He DOES mention being so drunk that he proposed to a mop at one point.

That was one of multiple "liberties" Tokyopop took when translating the manga.

Original: "Hand Alice over already. I don't have any more tomato juice at home, you see."

English version: "Listen.. You're a loon. I get that. Hell, one time I got so wasted I proposed to a mop. So I'm not one to judge. That said, nutty or not, I'll feng shui this room with your diseased brains if you don't give me the girl."

Damn, that's quite a leap on their part.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#35ufaraPosted 10/17/2013 10:45:27 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Actually thinking about it, if nDante really identified with humanity, he should be lamenting about their current demon infested situation. Not celebrating his victory.

You don't get to see him lament because he's immediately fighting with Vergil. Mundus is dead--that's a victory. Now they can work on rebuilding.

For DmC Dante, getting a shot at a life on their own terms is more important than succumbing to "peace" while their souls are slowly being harvested by a megalomaniacal demon king. That's the difference, and it doesn't change the fact that he still identifies with the humans while Vergil identifies with the angels and demons.

He isn't going to be able to identify with the humans as soon as they come for his head. Assuming that they live through the end of times.
---
Leader of the Never Crying Devils crew for GTA Online. All about fun and missions.
Send me a PM if you want to join.
#36_Uwye_Posted 10/17/2013 11:37:58 AM(edited)
Kyrylo posted...

Uh? Seriously? Where are they? There are bottles in a corner but are they identifiable?

ZeroX91 posted...

...You realize there are these little things called mixed drinks and cocktails, quite a few of which involve tomato juice and are usually a lot harder than straight beer or liquor.(despite being more girly, they mix multiple kinds, just take a look at a long island iced tea) Pretty sure the Hand Over Alice is a fictional one...or Asian.

Either way he is just bragging about his drinking prowess.

notsureifserious :S

Alice is a person he was hired to rescue.

And he drinks tomato juice alone, at least in the manga.

Dante: "For tea time, I'd be good with just tomato juice."*

See also:

http://mangafox.me/manga/devil_may_cry/v01/c001/13.html
#37KyryloPosted 10/17/2013 11:43:28 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
Kyrylo posted...

Uh? Seriously? Where are they? There are bottles in a corner but are they identifiable?

Yes. As huge fan of JD i cant mix them up with anything. Im sure there wasn't any label ( to avoid copyright) but color was definitely identifiable
#38QCTeamkillPosted 10/17/2013 11:59:29 AM
With apple juice (or apple schnapp even better), 1 for 1, don't drown it.
#39KyryloPosted 10/17/2013 12:04:13 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
With apple juice (or apple schnapp even better), 1 for 1, don't drown it.

actually cola is much better but hey, as for you it may be to hard to drink
#40ZeroX91Posted 10/17/2013 12:15:09 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
notsureifserious :S

...do my posts ever come across as serious?
(Other than when talking about business ethics or PR?)
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWef0Ic_QE