DmC is a beautiful game.

#1Getter_JehutyPosted 10/22/2013 1:53:19 PM
New account here. I've been playing this game recently and the visuals for this game is artistically beautiful. The moving environments, the character models, the fluid animations....

It's almost on par with Uncharted 3 in terms of visuals.
#2ufaraPosted 10/22/2013 2:04:33 PM
While I accept and respect your opinion, I'm going to have to disagree. The over use of bloom effects really hamper what the game may have.
---
Leader of the Never Crying Devils crew for GTA Online. All about fun and missions.
Send me a PM if you want to join.
#3Getter_Jehuty(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 2:15:02 PM
I love how the environments move fluidly. It's so artistically done.
---
I am stronger than all the orbital frames and super robots in the universe.
#4LordKaizerPosted 10/22/2013 2:22:35 PM
Getter_Jehuty posted...

you mean completely rips off bayonetta?
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#5Getter_Jehuty(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 2:28:09 PM
LordKaizer posted...
Getter_Jehuty posted...

you mean completely rips off bayonetta?

I didn't know Bayonetta has limbo...

But whether it rips off or not, DmC is still a beautiful game.
---
I am stronger than all the orbital frames and super robots in the universe.
#6ChaoslosPosted 10/22/2013 2:42:14 PM
No, the artstyle in this game hurts my eyes with all the colour.
#7DuckKiller84Posted 10/22/2013 2:58:58 PM
Eh, I don't care for the colors and such in the main game, but I do have to admit that the desert background in Vergil's Downfall looks f***ing amazing. It's to be expected though given how good the Unreal Engine can look.

I've honestly always been disappointed w/ how UE feels though gameplay-wise. It's never responsive enough, which while that can partially be blamed on hardware, there's really just something about the core of the UE that never feels as good as I'd like.

It can make games look pretty as f***, but meh, I'd rather have responsive gameplay.
---
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9970/rocketsnailw.gif
#8ufaraPosted 10/22/2013 3:04:49 PM
DuckKiller84 posted...
Eh, I don't care for the colors and such in the main game, but I do have to admit that the desert background in Vergil's Downfall looks f***ing amazing. It's to be expected though given how good the Unreal Engine can look.

I've honestly always been disappointed w/ how UE feels though gameplay-wise. It's never responsive enough, which while that can partially be blamed on hardware, there's really just something about the core of the UE that never feels as good as I'd like.

It can make games look pretty as f***, but meh, I'd rather have responsive gameplay.

The reason that the game feels sluggish is that it runs at less than 30 fps most of the time. It's a common ailment with the engine that devs are going to have to work hard to overcome.

Then if they are good, the most it can run at is a solid 30 fps. At least on counsels.

There are a few exceptions of course, but they seem to be fighting games oddly enough.
---
Leader of the Never Crying Devils crew for GTA Online. All about fun and missions.
Send me a PM if you want to join.
#9caffiend7Posted 10/22/2013 3:36:11 PM
DmC has some of the ugliest character models. If you like the environments, play Alice Madness returns since DmC ripped it from that.

You should probably play more games if DmC is tickling your fancy. And no I'm not being rude In case someone says something, it's just an observation
#10DuckKiller84Posted 10/22/2013 3:45:56 PM
ufara posted...
DuckKiller84 posted...

The reason that the game feels sluggish is that it runs at less than 30 fps most of the time. It's a common ailment with the engine that devs are going to have to work hard to overcome.

Then if they are good, the most it can run at is a solid 30 fps. At least on counsels.

There are a few exceptions of course, but they seem to be fighting games oddly enough.

Well, no it's not just that. As I put in my original post, "while that can partially be blamed on hardware" (addressing the low framerate). I used to believe that it was just when playing at lower framerates, but I now realize that there is something about the UE itsself which causes the games which use it to feel unresponsive.

Even when playing MK or injustice on console, or playing a UE game on PC at an even higher framerate, the responsiveness still simply isn't quite there. There's just something deeply-rooted in the engine itself.
---
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9970/rocketsnailw.gif