Because Capcom, that's why!

^Officially worse than "Because f*** you, that's why!"
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#93sfvfkofPosted 11/19/2013 9:41:07 AM
Dathrowed1 posted...
Stepswordsman posted...
Indeed, DMC4's story wasn't stupid at all. It was very simplistic, true, but you really shouldn't be looking for groundbreaking Shakespearean depth in a stylish action game unless the devs specifically say to look forward to it. And, thanks to Capcom being as greedy as ever, it was stupidly done due to being rushed, but, even in that state, it was still much better than anything Tameem could write.

The statement that DMC had nowhere to go is really idiotic when people use DMC4 as the proof of that, when it introduced a completely new character and a possibility of Vergil coming back, and continued the whole "humans practicing demonic arts to turn themselves into a god" thing, which seems to be more common in DMC world than what DMC3 may have led you to believe.

DMC has plenty of places to go to. Unlike DmC, which has garbage bin as the only option.

No, DMC1-DMC3 were simplistic (and they should have stuck to that for DMC4). DMC4 didn't know what it was doing, and Vergil coming back? LOL, the series made sure to make his return impossible. DMC4 had too many plot holes for it to go anywhere. Hence one of the reasons they decided to try a reboot. DMC5 would have to pretty much ignore everything in DMC4 except the combat. You guys can make excuses about the development and funding, but all that matters is the end result.

And just because Tameem said his game would be "Shakespearean" (LOL @ anybody who believed that statement) doesn't mean that's what we wanted from the series. Some of us would just like a game to come out of B-Movie hell.

Um, DMC4 was simple outside of Nero's origin. And I have to also question what plot holes are in DMC4? I do think they should not have left Nero's origin a mystery even after the end of the game but other than him everything else makes sense to me.

But really you can make a DMC5 with as simple a reason as some hot shot demon finding a rip in the seal (or even say from a rip in a prev game, then snuck off because he has his own plan) and has been infiltrating the human world building up cash/power/influence and now is ready to make his move. As long as said Demon can give Dante a good run for his money then you got yourself a game.
#94Ink-RibbonPosted 11/19/2013 10:37:21 AM
Well, if Capcom proves to have brain cells and if they prove to love my sexy wallet, all they have to do, is making a DMC game ignoring DMC 4. ;)

It's not that hard, they ignored DMC 2. They can do it again. Just introduce basics and give us a true sequel set after DMC 1.

Devils Never Cry

Devil's Rejects

Whatever they do, don't call it DMC 5. That's it. ;)
#95Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 10:47:51 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Well, if Capcom proves to have brain cells and if they prove to love my sexy wallet, all they have to do, is making a DMC game ignoring DMC 4. ;)

It's not that hard, they ignored DMC 2. They can do it again. Just introduce basics and give us a true sequel set after DMC 1.

Devils Never Cry

Devil's Rejects

to late. It was named DMC5 by itsuno. #dealwithit.
#96Ink-RibbonPosted 11/19/2013 10:52:32 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

Devils Never Cry

Devil's Rejects

to late. It was named DMC5 by itsuno. #dealwithit.

Oh, but is DMC 5 the official name?

If it's official, I hope we get a second name like DMC 3: Dante's Awakening. DMC 3 wasn't a real sequel, so Dante's Awakening worked better. I loved how the introduction shows a zero, giving the idea that we would have a DMC 0. Instead, we got a 3 and then Dante's Awakening. Intense enough.

If it's not official, then there is still hope. ;)
#97Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 10:56:10 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

Oh, but is DMC 5 the official name?

If it's official, I hope we get a second name like DMC 3: Dante's Awakening. DMC 3 wasn't a real sequel, so Dante's Awakening worked better. I loved how the introduction shows a zero, giving the idea that we would have a DMC 0. Instead, we got a 3 and then Dante's Awakening. Intense enough.

If it's not official, then there is still hope. ;)

I hope DMC4 establish on solid ground (not that it didnt done it already) And we will have 2 players campaign: Nero and Dante. Also it was named DMC5. So it's legit