New Game Informer, Enslaved a cult classic and NT successful at reboot of DMC

#1MixorzPosted 11/23/2013 11:29:05 PM(edited)
Can't find it online, but it's on pg. 26 of issue 248. Basically praises NT for successfully rebooting DmC and claims Enslaved is a cult classic that was ahead of its time. Good to see NT getting a lovely shout out by a legit gaming magazine.

If I find enslaved used at GameStop next time I go I think I might give it a try.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#2Ink-RibbonPosted 11/24/2013 5:15:05 AM
I don't know what's so different regarding Enslaved. I thought it was just a so so game, nothing impressive. In fact, it was quite mediocre at best.

Graphics were probably the best part in the game, but I was tired of fighting the same 3 enemies over and over and over again. However, I agree that DmC is the best NT game to date. It's debatable if it's a good reboot, but it's the best game made by NT, I guess. ;)

Well, you know some people will say the article was bought by Capcom, right? lol
#3KyryloPosted 11/24/2013 9:00:07 AM
meanwhile Tameem cries how AAA games not functions :P
#4shatterstarPosted 11/24/2013 9:27:19 AM
Yeah mate.

I've read that article as well.

They also had an article in GI weekly about them as well.

(In that article)

They talk about taking inspiration from the Metal Gear Solid franchise for their next gen project that they're currently working on.

Tameem also gives props and mad respect to Capcom and their partnership and entrusting them with decades of combat knowledge and secrets.

He even went so far as to thank the fans for making DmC a success. Especially after all the controversy from the reboot and redesign of the main character.

Don't know why. Because they're still trolling him for doing what Capcom paid him to do...lol.
#5Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 9:42:55 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
I don't know what's so different regarding Enslaved. I thought it was just a so so game, nothing impressive. In fact, it was quite mediocre at best.

Graphics were probably the best part in the game, but I was tired of fighting the same 3 enemies over and over and over again. However, I agree that DmC is the best NT game to date. It's debatable if it's a good reboot, but it's the best game made by NT, I guess. ;)

Well, you know some people will say the article was bought by Capcom, right? lol

Yeah, they didn't really praise the gameplay, mostly the graphics and emphasis on story.
---
#6Black OutPosted 11/24/2013 9:53:07 AM
Mixorz posted...
Yeah, they didn't really praise the gameplay, mostly the graphics and emphasis on story.

That so? Graphics and story are more important to them in marking a good game than gameplay?
---
The Official Manchester Black of the C&GN Board
"Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. . . "
#7KyryloPosted 11/24/2013 10:09:36 AM
Black Out posted...
Mixorz posted...

That so? Graphics and story are more important to them in marking a good game than gameplay?

meanwhile http://steamcommunity.com/app/245280/discussions/0/792924952569931460/
As you see PC user LOVE ensalved.
#8shatterstarPosted 11/24/2013 10:36:42 AM
Well I don't think it was meant to be a combat heavy type of game.

But I do hope that it gets a sequel.

It appears that it's headed in that direction though. With Namco re-releasing it on PC and the increasingly growing fanbase demanding it's return.
#9Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 11:23:57 AM
shatterstar posted...

It appears that it's headed in that direction though. With Namco re-releasing it on PC and the increasingly growing fanbase demanding it's return.

Possibly it will. It states in that section that it's getting a premium edition (don't know what that means) re-release on PS3 and PC.
---
#10KyryloPosted 11/24/2013 11:31:21 AM
Mixorz posted...
shatterstar posted...

Possibly it will. It states in that section that it's getting a premium edition (don't know what that means) re-release on PS3 and PC.

soooo....when did you read it? Cause Premium Edition was released like 1,5 months ago .