This game's very existence is still baffling

#1PunkMcThrustPosted 12/11/2013 5:07:06 PM
Seriously, I still can't understand what mindset this game was made with. It just doesn't make any sense.

It's like Capcom specifically told Ninja Theory to make the exact opposite of what any Devil May Cry fan would want.

I don't get it. I can't help but feel this game was made as some sort of Producers-style tax scheme to save them money.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
Persona is Atlus's Call of Duty.
#2DullahansXMarkPosted 12/11/2013 5:42:46 PM
Well, considering Donte was made with the mindset of making him NOT be like Dante, I'd say you're spot-on.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403
#3Dathrowed1Posted 12/11/2013 7:38:15 PM
Capcom did say they didn't want it to be like the old games, they wanted to make it for a western market and casuals. Which actually aren't bad ideas these days
---
sig
#4DullahansXMarkPosted 12/11/2013 7:48:06 PM(edited)
Dathrowed1 posted...
Capcom did say they didn't want it to be like the old games

And that's where the mistake was made XD

Billy: Hey, so it's been three years, I think a new Call of Battle is in order.
Bob: Hmm... I suppose you're right! Any ideas?
Billy: ... well...
Bob: Oh, don't be shy! Spit it out!
Billy: ... well, what if we made a Call of Battle that absolutely did not appeal to the fans of Call of Battle in any way, in an attempt to try and make an entirely, all-new fan-base for something that's nothing like the ones in the series that came before it?
Bob: ... that's brilliant! It HAS to work!
Billy: I know, right? Let's take all those people that like our stuff and give them something they don't want!
Bob: Mind-bogglingly intuitive! Why hasn't anyone tried this before?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403
#5PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 9:54:33 PM
Dathrowed1 posted...
Capcom did say they didn't want it to be like the old games, they wanted to make it for a western market and casuals. Which actually aren't bad ideas these days

Yeah, it was a great idea, look how well that panned out for them.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
Persona is Atlus's Call of Duty.
#6Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/12/2013 4:53:45 AM
Dathrowed1 posted...

Actually I'm sure Inafune had said something about the next DMC would be "tailored to what the fans want" before DmC was announced. A show of hands please who asked for a reboot? Exactly.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#7Dathrowed1Posted 12/12/2013 5:44:49 AM(edited)
PunkMcThrust posted...
Dathrowed1 posted...

Yeah, it was a great idea, look how well that panned out for them.

I just said it wasn't bad because of the video game landscape today
---
sig
#8ufaraPosted 12/12/2013 6:29:31 AM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
Dathrowed1 posted...

Actually I'm sure Inafune had said something about the next DMC would be "tailored to what the fans want" before DmC was announced. A show of hands please who asked for a reboot? Exactly.

I thought that was Itsuno who said that. As far as I'm aware, Inafune didn't have a lot to do with the DMC series.
---
Leader of the Never Crying Devils crew for GTA Online. All about fun and missions.
Send me a PM if you want to join.
#9Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/12/2013 7:48:02 AM
ufara posted...
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
Dathrowed1 posted...

I thought that was Itsuno who said that. As far as I'm aware, Inafune didn't have a lot to do with the DMC series.

nope it was Inafue

We donít just want to come at it and just say, oh itís a popular series, letís make a sequel. We want to say, letís make a sequel thatís going to be custom-tailored to what the fans want, and on top of that, prove that, again, itís a great game, itís a fun game, itís got lasting appeal

http://gematsu.com/2010/06/inafune-devil-may-cry-5-would-be-custom-tailored-to-what-the-fans-want

btw speaking of Inafue whats happening with MM9, I've no been following it but I did hear something about he was in talks - or thinking about - with Capcom to have them publish the game....... yea that'd be another excellent chance for Capcom to kill another potential Mega Man game again.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#10rice_noodlesPosted 12/12/2013 7:56:08 AM(edited)
http://egamer.co.za/2010/06/inafune-dmc-5-must-be-tailored-to-what-fans-want-should-it-be-made/

Though he also said this

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/02/inafune-devil-may-cry-5-to-have-western-touch-to-attract-buyers/

And regardless of his level of direct involvement in the development of DmC, the talent exodus and internal political ****storm happened under his watch. In the end, he probably helped shaped DmC the way it is.