The Swords of Devil May Cry

#1DullahansXMarkPosted 12/19/2013 12:32:32 AM(edited)
Which sword is your favorite - Results (211 votes)
Force Edge
2.37% (5 votes)
Sword of Sparda
9.95% (21 votes)
Rebellion (classic)
25.59% (54 votes)
Yamato
21.8% (46 votes)
Alastor
20.85% (44 votes)
Vendetta
0.95% (2 votes)
Merciless
0.47% (1 votes)
Red Queen
12.8% (27 votes)
Rebellion (DmC)
3.79% (8 votes)
Other
1.42% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A small little series of stuff to see everyone's favorite weapons in the series. First I'm starting with the swords, but then I'll move on to other weapon categories.

Really, I'm just doing this for fun, cuz... why not?

Force Edge - The sword wielded by Sparda, with its powers still sealed. Used by Dante in DMC1 and DMC3 with certain costumes equipped. Also used by Arkham and Vergil.

Sword of Sparda - The sword wielded by Sparda, with its full powers unleashed. Used by Dante in DMC1, and since then became Trish's weapon of choice.

Rebellion - Dante's weapon of choice, a keepsake from his father. Used by Dante in DMC2, DMC3, and DMC4. Unlike Yamato this sword really doesn't seem to be particularly special other than that it appears to have been specifically crafted for use by Dante.

Yamato - Vergil's weapon of choice, a keepsake and treasured weapon from his father. Used by Sparda in DMC1, Vergil in DMC3, and both Dante and Nero in DMC4. Unlike Rebellion this sword has a special purpose: keeping the Hell Gate sealed.

Alastor - A sword Dante finds during his adventures on Mallet Island. Used by Dante in DMC1 and never showed up again. It is a lightning-elemental weapon and is Dante's weapon of choice for most of the game.

Vendetta - A sword Dante can find during the course of Devil May Cry 2. It is wide and heavy, but possesses superior attack power. Used by Dante in DMC2 and never showed up again.

Merciless - A sword Dante can find during the course of Devil May Cry 2. It is long and thin, but possesses inferior attack power. Used by Dante in DMC2 and never showed up again.

Red Queen - Nero's weapon of choice, a standard weapon used by the more capable knights of the Order of the Sword. Was Nero's sole melee weapon in DMC4 and has yet to make a second appearance. Possesses what appears to be a motorcycle engine built into the frame of the weapon, allowing properly-timed attacks to be augmented by a blaze of fire.

Rebellion (DmC) - Dante's weapon of choice in his adventures in Limbo City. Dante just kinda has it in DmC and it has yet to make a second appearance. It possesses the ability to shift into other weapons when Dante channels his magic through it.

Other - this could be Vergil's Yamato from DmC or maybe something I might've forgotten. No, Lucifer does not count as a sword, even though it does casually fart those out. That'll come up in a later poll.

Anyway, get to voting. After you vote, maybe consider explaining what you liked about the weapon so much.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403
#2DullahansXMark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 12:31:43 AM
And I didn't bother listing pictures, because... well, if you don't even remember what the weapon looks like, it probably wasn't your favorite, was it? XD
---
#3DMANSLANDPosted 12/19/2013 1:16:38 AM
What? No Agni and Runda? This poll blows >:C
---
PSN: DMANSLAND GT: DMANSLANDs
#4DullahansXMark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 1:23:12 AM
DMANSLAND posted...
What? No Agni and Runda? This poll blows >:C

DAMMIT, I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING.

I'll throw that into the "Miscellaneous Weapons" poll for sure, though. You can still vote for "Other" if you were gonna vote for that, though.
---
#5DullahansXMark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 3:15:51 AM
Well, I think I know how I'm gonna structure future polls on this little series.

-Favorite gauntlets
-Favorite unique/unorthodox melee weapon
-Favorite normal gun (shotgun/Coyote-A, Spiral, etc)
-Favorite special gun (Kalina Ann, Pandora, etc)
-probably some other fifth thing because I always forget something

Please don't vote ahead of time.
---
#6SirenaLoreleyPosted 12/19/2013 4:56:32 PM
Damn, I choose Alastor because of its design especially, but I also love Rebellion... those two are my first choice, always.
---
**I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose Free Will**
#7ZeroX91Posted 12/19/2013 5:01:06 PM
I don't get why Rebellion is winning.....It's just a more boring version of Force Edge.

Agni and Rudra or Red Queen take it for me....at least exceed adds some visual flair to the moves.
---
*insert something clever here*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ19GKwTuFY
#8LordKaizerPosted 12/19/2013 5:10:39 PM
i choose Rebellion classic because of nostalgia of first time playing DMC 3.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#9SiLVeR_420Posted 12/19/2013 5:38:34 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
I don't get why Rebellion is winning.....It's just a more boring version of Force Edge.

Agni and Rudra or Red Queen take it for me....at least exceed adds some visual flair to the moves.

Rebellion is like twice the size of Force Edge.

Maybe the DMC2 Rebellion but the 3&4 was different.
---
The passwords are Afro and Sergeant.
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
#10Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/19/2013 5:56:18 PM(edited)
Ugh, really torn between the simple elegance and overall less is more coolness that comes with Yamato, but I also really like that heavy metal dragon headed lightning infused Alastor that inspires you to cry out "I HAVE THE POWER!" every time you see the clip of Dante getting it....... Screw it, Alastor it is! With Yamato a very close second.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nZUysqemMmg
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg