The Swords of Devil May Cry

#21SBK91Posted 12/25/2013 3:41:36 PM
>landing attacks on a boss designed to take X hits before stunning
>makes said moves fast
>rarely completes a string

I see.
#22Psychochild27Posted 12/25/2013 5:02:27 PM(edited)
SBK91 posted...
>landing attacks on a boss designed to take X hits before stunning
>makes said moves fast
>rarely completes a string

I see.

I figured you'd appreciate it, seeing as how you said....

Alastor is best for efficiency

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74A_UbB_5Kg&t=4m0s

It's a technique that the Red Queen shares with Alastor. In DMC1 Alastor had a special method called Sword Cancelling where you could cancel after the first two swings by spinning the control stick during the second swing making it recover super fast and start all over again with no knock back, never finishing a string and absolutely wrecking Nelo Angelo who was designed to take X hits before recovering.

The only difference is that Nelo Angelo can actually force a parry and recover after 13 strikes. DMC4 Dante can't because my method gives him just enough recovery to drop his hit stun counter on the combo A before the new flurry of combo B strikes come in and lock him back down again. Against normal enemies, you can use it to easily transition into other ground combos as Nero because it's ridiculously safe and it gives him a much more interesting ground game for it.

Anyway, Sword Cancelling is a very well known skill in DMC1 especially when going for SBs in Mission 1 or on Nelo Angelo 1 fights with a fresh character. I'm surprised you couldn't make the connection.
#23SBK91Posted 12/26/2013 6:03:35 PM
It's a technique that the Red Queen shares with Alastor.

Except Sword cancelling has little to do with Alastor being tops. It has the second highest power of any sword relative to enemy health (after Sparda), the most powerful DT, synergizes very well with the Grenade Gun, and Vortex tears s*** up.

making it recover super fast and start all over again with no knock back,

That usually isn't a good thing. Also, ending combos with a High Time inflicted damage faster, though you were usually better off with Grenade>Stinger or Vortex.

absolutely wrecking Nelo Angelo

Nelo 1. 2 and 3 are dealt with easier and faster with Ifrit.

DMC4 Dante can't

Because he's a lesser boss than Nelo. Also, does this work for Dante 2?

lock him back down again

Or loop him to death with Busters in half the time.

Against normal enemies, you can use it to easily transition into other ground combos as Nero

Why? Red Queen's ground strings are piss weak for their execution time, and utterly obsoleted by Rebellion and Yamato.

because it's ridiculously safe

So is Rebellion. Which is faster. And stronger (outside DTed Exceeded Caliburs). And has better setup tools.

it gives him a much more interesting ground game for it.

To do something Dante does better with a leaner input window?

Anyway, Sword Cancelling is a very well known skill in DMC1

I am well aware of it. Dante and Vergil don't care, because they get infinite strings by switching between weapons. How does this make Red Queen's strings not suck, and any better relative to the other swords?
#24Shryker7Posted 12/26/2013 7:38:51 PM
I...just voted Red Queen because i like the look, the name, and the gimmick of it.
#25ZeroX91Posted 12/26/2013 8:03:20 PM
^as valid a reason as any.
---
*insert something clever here*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ19GKwTuFY
#26DuuuDe14Posted 12/26/2013 11:48:30 PM
Rebellion too stronk
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#27Psychochild27Posted 12/27/2013 12:38:53 PM(edited)
DuuuDe14 posted...
Rebellion too stronk

Nuh-uh. Rebellion makes you Mario Galaxy, if you know what I'm sayin'.
#28StormKenshoPosted 12/27/2013 10:42:49 PM
My god, SBK, seriously?

No wonder when I used my common online alias on KotC the other folks on there thought you'd joined...
---
That moment when you realize that the Cowboys will never win another Superbowl while you're alive at age 23.
http://i.imgur.com/quupqQ7.jpg
#29Shryker7Posted 12/28/2013 1:31:35 AM
StormKensho posted...
My god, SBK, seriously?

No wonder when I used my common online alias on KotC the other folks on there thought you'd joined...

What's wrong with him?
Aside from the fact that he's arguing so much over the effectiveness of a fictional weapon...
#30LordKaizerPosted 12/28/2013 2:28:53 AM
Shryker7 posted...
StormKensho posted...
My god, SBK, seriously?

What's wrong with him?
Aside from the fact that he's arguing so much over the effectiveness of a fictional weapon...

he argues over everything and proclaim he's right. kinda like fire mage.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)