Why do people say original DMC had bad dialogue...

#51smithkakarotPosted 12/29/2013 3:14:13 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
smithkakarot posted...
Nick_Kazama posted...
I never actually realized how hated the "Dark Soul with Light" line was until looking online. It never bothered me. I personally think that the way his voice breaks a little is touching, cause when you're on the verge of tears, you wouldn't be able to speak clearly and normally.

Also, the original series had cheesy dialogue. DmC has horrible dialogue. The difference? Cheesy is better than horrible.

No one seemed to "hate" the dark soul line until DmC was first announced, suspiciously.

^ I'm guessing that it's probably along those lines. Almost all pro-DmC fans all of a sudden seemed to think that original DMC Dante was a "Japanese-y, animu weaboo." I know almost no DmC fan will admit it, but I do think that the bashing of original DMC didn't start until the new DmC came along.

I DO recall a gaming magazine (forgot which one) calling Dante "everyone's favorite metrosexual demon hunter". I don't think the gaming press EVER really had that much respect for Dante, TBH...
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#52KyryloPosted 12/29/2013 3:25:15 AM
smithkakarot posted...

No one seemed to "hate" the dark soul line until DmC was first announced, suspiciously.

just like most criticism on old DMC. IT appeared only after DmC-
#53Blackmarvel79Posted 12/29/2013 4:31:07 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Compared to the DmC reboot? Did "FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!" from original DMC 1 really ruin the game for everyone? If that's the case, then why aren't people annoyed with various RPG's where the characters always talk about love, friendship, save the world for honor, peace, joy, hope for the future and everyone's happiness?

And why do people say original DMC games have the worst dialogue, compared to the DmC reboot which they say has more realistic dialogue? The fact that someone picked up a video game controller and turned on the game means they want to escape some realism for a few hours or so. If someone wants to experience realism, they either watch the news or a documentary.

And why do people say original DMC reminds them of anime? Ever played Resident Evil? Guess who the games are made by? Japanese people. Squint all you want, you'll find nothing "Japanese-y" in Resident Evil video games.

The above probably sounds like bait, but it isn't. The first two are legitimate questions that I actually would like to know the answer to.

DMC dialogue was very cheesey at times. DmC dialogue was blatantly over the top. Both sucked.
---
Currently Playing MGS HD Collection.
#54Ink-RibbonPosted 12/29/2013 4:35:58 PM
DMC 2 had the worst dialogue of all the games. Why? Because, there was basically no dialogue at all.

DMC 2 Dante had no personality, nada. DmC Dante at least had a personality. Yeah, it may be bad, it may be good, it may be over the top. However, there was some character development, something lacking in DMC 2. ;)

For some odd reason, I like DMC 2 because of Arius and his sexy moves. Also, Lucia was awesome and so intense that my wife could only dream of doing similar things.
#55Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/29/2013 8:16:39 PM
^ I'm not sure if that was an echo or a strange feeling of deja vu....

http://myoutube.com/watch?v=OIjPwzL_5Yk
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#56LordKaizerPosted 12/29/2013 10:05:59 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
DMC 2 had the worst dialogue of all the games. Why? Because, there was basically no dialogue at all.

DMC 2 Dante had no personality, nada. DmC Dante at least had a personality. Yeah, it may be bad, it may be good, it may be over the top. However, there was some character development, something lacking in DMC 2. ;)

For some odd reason, I like DMC 2 because of Arius and his sexy moves. Also, Lucia was awesome and so intense that my wife could only dream of doing similar things.

no dialogue is better than a douchebag womanizer (not the type you enjoy hanging around with) who trying too hard to do one-liner.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#57KyryloPosted 12/30/2013 3:26:49 AM
LordKaizer posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

no dialogue is better than a douchebag womanizer (not the type you enjoy hanging around with) who trying too hard to do one-liner.

who's womanizer? Donte? Sorry, outside brainless broad like Kat nobody would give a damn about stinking bum, who takes a shower once in a week and wears torn, ugly clothes. Punk is dead. Tameem should deal with this fact.
#58LordKaizerPosted 12/30/2013 3:45:44 AM
Kyrylo posted...
LordKaizer posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

who's womanizer? Donte? Sorry, outside brainless broad like Kat nobody would give a damn about stinking bum, who takes a shower once in a week and wears torn, ugly clothes. Punk is dead. Tameem should deal with this fact.

i said in the nicest way possible since gamefaqs can't let me use profanity.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#59KyryloPosted 12/30/2013 4:28:50 AM
LordKaizer posted...
Kyrylo posted...
LordKaizer posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

i said in the nicest way possible since gamefaqs can't let me use profanity.

I try to put it in my own way: Donte is just low-intellegence jerk without any personality outside of plot-devicing
#60StrelokPosted 12/30/2013 5:40:47 AM
Donte is that 27 year old with the mindset of a 12 year old who just happens to be stronger than the average human and uses bullying to get his way.

We tend to call these people Roid-Ragers.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg