Why did ninja theory refuse to learn the MT framework?

#1Ariel_ServicePosted 12/24/2013 7:28:12 AM
It would of been a valuable learning experience for them, devil may cry to the side, if you have the opportunity to learn something like this why say no?
---
PSN: Ariel_Service
#2StrelokPosted 12/24/2013 7:30:59 AM
Because they're lazy gits who prefer to use easy-to-use, badly-optimized-for-the-genre, horribly expensive to license engines. And why bother learning a good engine when you have a badly optimized one ready to go?!
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#3SeshaPosted 12/24/2013 7:39:20 AM(edited)
Documentation for MT Framework is only in Japanese. It's not feasible for whole team of programmers, designers, planners and director to learn Japanese to use. The onus is on Capcom to make the documentation available in English for use by their partners and overseas branches, but going by their announced plans to cut back on outsourcing, it doesn't seem likely.
---
"FunFrock, you suck big time."
#4StrelokPosted 12/24/2013 7:39:06 AM
Sesha posted...
Documentation for MT Framework is only in Japanese, and expecting the whole team of programmers, designers, planners and director to learn Japanese to use it is ridiculous. The onus is on Capcom to make the documentation available in English for use by their partners and overseas branches, but going by their announced plans to cut back on outsourcing, it doesn't seem likely.

Last I heard, translation offices are not too expensive and do a good job...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#5SeshaPosted 12/24/2013 7:52:14 AM(edited)
Strelok posted...
Sesha posted...
Documentation for MT Framework is only in Japanese, and expecting the whole team of programmers, designers, planners and director to learn Japanese to use it is ridiculous. The onus is on Capcom to make the documentation available in English for use by their partners and overseas branches, but going by their announced plans to cut back on outsourcing, it doesn't seem likely.

Last I heard, translation offices are not too expensive and do a good job...

Translating technical documents for a graphics engine is different from a standard translating gig. Although Capcom has in-house translators to ease such a transition. Capcom's former chief of localization and producer Ben Judd was even involved with the development of both DMC3 and 4. But even so, having the documentation translated would have taken time, so would getting NT trained to use it. Development costs for the project would been driven up. That said, if Capcom JP intended to let their affiliates use MT Framework, they would have done so by now. Maybe they've gotten documentations for the new Panta Rhei engine available in English. We can only hope.
---
"FunFrock, you suck big time."
#6KyryloPosted 12/24/2013 7:50:59 AM
because they lack basic knowledge in programming.
#7shatterstarPosted 12/24/2013 9:01:52 AM(edited)
You see what an education does for people Tripweed. It allows people to answer questions rationally and find logical explanations/solutions, in a clam and intelligent manner...lol.
#8UltimateGeth39Posted 12/24/2013 9:05:58 AM
Because MT framework isn't edgy enough if it doesn't make this game look worse then tamtam won't use it.
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#9bigdom93Posted 12/24/2013 9:28:21 AM
Sesha posted...
Documentation for MT Framework is only in Japanese. It's not feasible for whole team of programmers, designers, planners and director to learn Japanese to use. The onus is on Capcom to make the documentation available in English for use by their partners and overseas branches, but going by their announced plans to cut back on outsourcing, it doesn't seem likely.

the fact that they wanted ninja theory to use MT Framework from the begining suggests that they did translate it, but ninja theory didn't want to learn and settled for pretty backgrounds
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#10Getter_JehutyPosted 12/24/2013 9:36:05 AM
shatterstar posted...
You see what an education does for people Tripweed. It allows people to answer questions rationally and find logical explanations/solutions, in a clam and intelligent manner...lol.

Haha, good one. Tripweed certainly needs to work on that. XD
---
I live a blessed life.