How come many pro-DmC fans don't mind the glitches in DmC?

#61NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 3:07:27 AM
Dial_A_Joke posted...
you do realize that those glitches are still relatively rare, right? just because people upload glitch-videos doesn't mean those people would Lso upload videos of no-glitch-runs. if a person does not dncounter a problem/glitch they usually don't talk about it.
just something to keep in mind when you try to argue with the whole "there are glitch videos on youtube" thing. for every glitch video there are hundrets of people with a potential no-glitch video (but people would never uoad something like that).

as for myself: I only care for glitches I encounter myself. I'm usually pretty lucky in that regard so I have only encountered one glitch so far and that is not something I'm going to get pissed about.

If the glitches are rare and hard to come by, how come people can recreate some of the glitches?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#62AkheonPosted 12/29/2013 12:47:15 PM
DmC is a very glitchy game, no way around it... I recently played through Dante Must Die-mode on the unpatched version, and had at least three glitches that warranted a reset. Fights not ending although there were no enemies left, things like that. And sure, it was pretty annoying to have to retry just because of a random glitch.

But aside cases like this where the glitches happen at random and actively hamper your progress, glitches can be a good thing too. Personally I find a lot of entertainment value in glitches, and have had a lot of fun doing unintended stuff in DmC, like flying infinitely around the levels, turning Dante invisible, skipping fights left and right... I've certainly glitched this game far more than played it normally.

I like DmC. The way I see it, it's not perfect, but it's been blessed with some amazing glitches. The good glitches outweigh the bad, if that makes sense.
#63KaihedgiePosted 12/29/2013 12:59:24 PM
There is no video game that doesn't have glitches

Get over it
#64LordKaizerPosted 12/29/2013 1:14:02 PM
Kaihedgie posted...

Get over it

but there are video games that can make it hard to glitch. this game ain't one of them.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#65UbberDevilPosted 12/29/2013 1:24:57 PM
Kaihedgie posted...

Get over it

This statement always gets my goat. Yes, Einstein, there probably isn't a game without glitches of some degree. However, the point of good game design is to make it so the game holds itself together well and almost never glitches.

In this game, I've fought bosses normally and then they just decided to not ever move again. When a boss in a game stops functioning, that is proof of incompetent game design. I've never had a game where the boss AI freezes and allows me to kill it before, especially not a Devil May Cry game. Or like in Vergil's Downfall where if you happen to kill a flying enemy (which are plentiful in the DLC) while in the air, yourself, and it's the last enemy of the encounter, and yu aren't able to make it back to the platform, you end up falling forever. I've had this happen to me so many times when I didn't want it to.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#66KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/29/2013 1:28:17 PM
Kaihedgie posted...

Get over it

True. However, when the exact same glitches from the demo are in the full game (even after they were pointed out before release), you know there's a problem.

Then we have the fact that the rest of the glitches were pointed out after the game released and the only response given when asked for a patch was "We don't have a fix for facepalming your face until it bleeds!"

At least other games have a patch or two to fix the gamebreaking glitches. Hell, when DmC finally did get a patch it wasn't even from NT. It was from a 3rd party who had to fix NT's mess.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#67KaihedgiePosted 12/29/2013 1:29:42 PM
UbberDevil posted...
Kaihedgie posted...

Get over it

This statement always gets my goat. Yes, Einstein, there probably isn't a game without glitches of some degree. However, the point of good game design is to make it so the game holds itself together well and almost never glitches.

In this game, I've fought bosses normally and then they just decided to not ever move again. When a boss in a game stops functioning, that is proof of incompetent game design. I've never had a game where the boss AI freezes and allows me to kill it before, especially not a Devil May Cry game. Or like in Vergil's Downfall where if you happen to kill a flying enemy (which are plentiful in the DLC) while in the air, yourself, and it's the last enemy of the encounter, and yu aren't able to make it back to the platform, you end up falling forever. I've had this happen to me so many times when I didn't want it to.

I highly doubt you had it "happen to you so many times".. I've never even heard of this case with anyone. Or is this simply more the fictional cases I've been hearing about

Sir, if you hate this game, if it barely functions for you, why do you care? Why are you even here?

Why are all of you even still here whining about this game? It's been a couple of years now and I see nothing but the same people crying about this game non-stop. The game isn't even in the same continuity, so I fail to see how it's offending you unless you really really wanted to be.
#68Psychochild27Posted 12/29/2013 1:53:13 PM
I like DmC. The way I see it, it's not perfect, but it's been blessed with some amazing glitches. The good glitches outweigh the bad, if that makes sense.

Eh. An amazing glitch would be something that ends up affecting high end gameplay in a positive manner that expands what's capable with the systems in play. I really haven't seen anything like that in DmC.
#69CrimzonHeadPosted 12/29/2013 2:18:49 PM
After playing pre-patch Fallout: New Vegas, glitches don't really bother me.
---
"i don't care if everyone disagrees with me. i am still right." - mrchainsaw32
Don't be scared homie
#70Rising_shadowPosted 12/29/2013 2:21:46 PM
At least New Vegas was eventually patched. Though admittedly it's also a great demonstration of why tools like metacritic are horsecrap since Obsidian lost a lot of cash because their metacritic score was a point below what Bethesda had contractually signed them for in terms of a cash bonus. Of course, the only reason why New Vegas had some so many glitches was because Obsidian was forced to release it much earlier than intended.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!