Is this game like God of war with the button smashing?

#1jakeandandrewPosted 12/27/2013 7:05:38 AM
See topic
#2StrelokPosted 12/27/2013 7:09:43 AM
It is God of War minus the QTEs and I think God of War is much MUCH better in scope, with less gameplay issues and glitches.

If you can, for heavens sake, get God of War instead. it's the better buttonmasher.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#3jakeandandrew(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 7:15:41 AM
I'm hoping DMC has less button smashing. I have a bad wrist and if there is alot of button smashing it hurts have a few minutes of playing. I have played GOD and after playing my wrist hurts. Does DMC require less smashing or about the same as GOD?
#4Getter_JehutyPosted 12/27/2013 7:19:58 AM
jakeandandrew posted...
I'm hoping DMC has less button smashing. I have a bad wrist and if there is alot of button smashing it hurts have a few minutes of playing. I have played GOD and after playing my wrist hurts. Does DMC require less smashing or about the same as GOD?

DmC is not a button smasher. You can make stylish combos and mix up your play styles. It's a great game. I recommend you getting it.

Next year, if you have PS plus, that game is free.

Side note, I would disregard Strelok's post (aka Tripweed aka Lolkaiser aka Shinjiharashima). He is the number one hater on this board and he has not played the game. He also has a band of haters with him. Be careful though.
---
I live a blessed life.
#5StrelokPosted 12/27/2013 7:20:23 AM
DmC is a lot worse than God of War, although this is not because enemies are particularly powerful or use tactics, or that there are a lot of them.

A very bad thing is that in order to use 4 out of your 5 melee weapons, you NEED to hold down a button. This also has to be done to use your pull item AND it disables your (very lackluster) ranged weaponry.
If GoW gives you a cramp, this game will do as well. Play the demo to judge for yourself. Everything in that is pretty much in the full game, right down to the plethora of glitches.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#6StrelokPosted 12/27/2013 7:21:50 AM
Aww how cute, the troll is trying to still say that LordKaiser is my alt, despite him living in Saudi Arabia (And put up youtube vids to prove it) and me living in Spain (also with vids on youtube).
Meanwhile, he is the alt of Shatterstar, one of the most... strange... people on this board in his double standards.
---
#7KyryloPosted 12/27/2013 7:23:55 AM
jakeandandrew posted...
See topic

well, they kinda equals. GoW has more Combos, but DmC doesn't have QTE. But, yeah, in terms of buttonmashing they pretty much equal each other.
#8Getter_JehutyPosted 12/27/2013 7:30:47 AM
You should watch Trip's videos of him bashing the game while wearing the Dante suit. Lol
---
I live a blessed life.
#9StepswordsmanPosted 12/27/2013 7:31:14 AM
DmC doesn't have QTE

Every level and every boss fight requires you to press a red button or a blue button in order to progress. Sure, it isn't exactly QTE, because while it does remove actual gameplay like QTEs do, unlike QTEs, it adds nothing at all in return - not even a dynamic and brutal cutscene like in GoW games.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#10StrelokPosted 12/27/2013 7:36:58 AM
Red vest != cosplay as Dante.
Besides, If I cosplay I prefer cosplaying as likeably people, not this third rate jerkwad who doesn't even understand basic human dialogue.

Were I to cosplay as Dante I'd put effort in it and get a proper red trenchcoat, white hair wig or spray, not wear glasses and use a prop sword/guns.

Cosplay right, or don't cosplay at all.
---