Question about save data

#1prophetic_chaosPosted 12/29/2013 5:40:40 AM
Does anyone know if the disc version saves and the digital game are compatible? I had the disc version before and I'm getting the digital version since its free on plus soon. Will I have to start all over?

Thanks for any help.
#2LordKaizerPosted 12/29/2013 5:51:07 AM
if my tales of xillia disc and digital any indication, you still have the save file of the game and can be used on your digital version..
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#3ufaraPosted 12/29/2013 6:49:15 AM
LordKaizer posted...
if my tales of xillia disc and digital any indication, you still have the save file of the game and can be used on your digital version..

I dunno, if I remember correctly, one of the GoW game digital and disk version weren't compatible.
---
Leader of the Never Crying Devils crew for GTA Online. All about fun and missions.
Send me a PM if you want to join.
#4LordKaizerPosted 12/29/2013 6:54:08 AM
ufara posted...
LordKaizer posted...

I dunno, if I remember correctly, one of the GoW game digital and disk version weren't compatible.

i just bought the new GoW to try it out through PSN (it was 10$ but man 35GB is really killing my bandwidth and my hard drive)
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#5ufaraPosted 12/29/2013 6:58:33 AM
LordKaizer posted...
ufara posted...
LordKaizer posted...

i just bought the new GoW to try it out through PSN (it was 10$ but man 35GB is really killing my bandwidth and my hard drive)

35! Holy hell.

I want to say it was the HD collection that I was talking about.
---
Leader of the Never Crying Devils crew for GTA Online. All about fun and missions.
#6LordKaizerPosted 12/29/2013 7:04:50 AM
ufara posted...
LordKaizer posted...
ufara posted...
LordKaizer posted...

35! Holy hell.

I want to say it was the HD collection that I was talking about.

you think that's bad, my PS3 said i need to have 64GB in order to download it. i had to delete half of my games to do it.
---
#7ufaraPosted 12/29/2013 7:06:28 AM
Sounds right. I don't care much for how the PS3 does that.

Is it the same for the 360?
---
#8LordKaizerPosted 12/29/2013 7:13:25 AM
ufara posted...

360 has digital games?
---
#9Psychochild27Posted 12/29/2013 8:19:13 AM
LordKaizer posted...
ufara posted...

360 has digital games?

Oh you.

And no, it's almost like the 360 dumps disc images or something on the service because every time I download a game, there's no separate install like there is with the Wii U or the PS3, it just works immediately once it's done.
#10LordKaizerPosted 12/29/2013 8:25:47 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
ufara posted...

360 has digital games?

Oh you.

And no, it's almost like the 360 dumps disc images or something on the service because every time I download a game, there's no separate install like there is with the Wii U or the PS3, it just works immediately once it's done.

that's the plus side for 360 in general, it's installing at the same time as downloading. i downloaded bayonetta (because i can only find the ps3 version) and tales of vesperia (because region lock is a b****) and soon GTA 5 (thanks 33% discount or i would've wasted over 150$ to own a regular copy).
---