Reboot? Okay, but do you really need to slap fans in the face?

#1godslayer88Posted 1/5/2014 12:50:28 AM
It seems like Crapcom and NT are really into this reboot. So much so in fact that they seem to belittle the previous DMC's.

For one, there's the "wig joke". That's an obvious slap in the face to fans.
Also, many a trophies have a name that's basically a quote from old Dante. Mainly of DMC3.

Well, even though it's not the same, it's a worthy reboot imo.
The combat has flaws that need working out, but there are some really original level designs in this game.
Some really made my jaw drop. Raptor News network level, or the night club level, I daresay the original series had nothing on this.
#2StormKenshoPosted 1/5/2014 12:52:32 AM
If I wanted to go see beautiful environments with simplistic, piss-easy combat, I'd play Skyrim. I play DMC for the fun of the challenge.
---
That moment when you realize that the Cowboys will never win another Superbowl while you're alive at age 23.
http://i.imgur.com/quupqQ7.jpg
#3godslayer88(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 12:54:43 AM
StormKensho posted...
If I wanted to go see beautiful environments with simplistic, piss-easy combat, I'd play Skyrim. I play DMC for the fun of the challenge.

Yeah alright, but I played Skyrim. I was bored outta my mind. This at least occupies you a bit more.
#4StormKenshoPosted 1/5/2014 12:58:13 AM
Not really.

I'm a middle-of-the-road DMC player at best. In terms of skill, I'd be destroyed by the likes of the best. I barely beat DMC4's DMD mode and I haven't even touched 3 or 1's DMD modes, which make for some of the hardest gaming ever played.

And I maxed out my ranks on every difficulty in this game within two weeks of my renting it. This game is insultingly easy and it disgusts me that this POS carries the DMC name despite living up to none of the name's pedigree.

Even DMC2 was harder than this crap!
---
That moment when you realize that the Cowboys will never win another Superbowl while you're alive at age 23.
http://i.imgur.com/quupqQ7.jpg
#5BillysanPosted 1/5/2014 2:52:13 AM
The levels are just eye candy. Getting past that the level designs are pretty bare bones and the platforming is nothing but lazy random floating platforms were you jump and hook shot over and over again.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#6Orange00Posted 1/5/2014 3:08:31 AM
I didn't see the wig joke as an insult really.
It's more like when Dante says "not in a million years", there's this just-wait-n-see cuz you're gonna end up with white hair man. And then of course it's a nod to previous games.
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#7UltimateGeth39Posted 1/5/2014 3:10:34 AM
StormKensho posted...

If you wanted beautiful environments you wouldn't be playing this game the levels are just headache inducing.
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#8godslayer88(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 3:34:23 AM
I've seen on one of the loading screens that all you have to do to get a permanent SSS ranking for a mission is to find all the collectibles in said mission. Which is easy if you have a guide handy. Haven't personally done it though. I hate collectibles.

Though some of you may disagree with the level design, I find it quite pleasing. Sure, it's just plain eye candy, but I admire the creativity. Previous DMC's didn't really stand out there.

I only completed the game on Nephilim, but I can see where the combat is going and I don't like it. It wasn't "hard". It was plain annoying and infuriating.
Enemies have a lot of HP. They mix up the red and blue enemies in SoS, and throw in lots of them. Try to attack one, and your weapon bounces off the other. This is especially a downright pain when also the floor color changes in the night club. I ragequitted there.
#9A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/5/2014 3:41:41 AM
I wish the wig had been an unlockable costume, because he looked better in that than he did with his own white hair.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#10ufaraPosted 1/5/2014 6:02:26 AM
Orange00 posted...
I didn't see the wig joke as an insult really.
It's more like when Dante says "not in a million years", there's this just-wait-n-see cuz you're gonna end up with white hair man. And then of course it's a nod to previous games.

I would seem that way if Tameem wasn't actively antagonising the old games and fans.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."