C/D: Devil May Cry (PS2) should get a remake

#1DullahansXMarkPosted 1/13/2014 12:29:38 AM
Should DMC1 be remade? - Results (67 votes)
Yes
50.75% (34 votes)
No
49.25% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Like, basically, they remake the game and add the following:
-Bloody Palace
-The mission manifest a la DMC3 and DMC4.
-Legendary Dark Knight, Heaven or Hell, and Hell and Hell modes added, and other modes renamed to Human, Devil Hunter, and Son of Sparda.
-instant weapon switching (guns and swords), with maybe an extra melee weapon or two
-Styles, with the standard TGSR system with a fifth slot for your choice of either Dark-Slayer (received after beating Nelo Angelo) or Quicksilver (gained by acquiring the Bangle of Time), freely interchangeable at a Divinity Statue.
-make it so that you can't be attacked from off-screen... seriously -_-
-maybe just fix the camera in general. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's just really bad
-just fix anything that's dated about the game's mechanics, okay? Jeez.
-re-translate Nelo Angelo to "Nero Angero", just to mess with everyone
-maybe add a bonus campaign or something, like a midquel between DMC3 and DMC1 featuring Vergil and his last few hours after his battle with Dante and before his fated meeting with Mundus, including a boss fight with the latter.
-modify the game's difficulty and balance to compensate for all these additions. Seriously, who wants another First-Person Aiming in The Twin Snakes fiasco?
-but don't modify it in a way that makes the game unrecognizable

(regarding Dark-Slayer style, it'd probably be closer to Vergil's version than Dante's, because Dante wouldn't have access to Yamato at this time. Sparda, however, DOES get it in his game; I don't know if the weapon's mechanics would change to match later games' versions of the weapon or not)

What do you think? Should the legendary PS2 classic get a remake to bring it up to series standards? Or should it be left alone and preserved to retain its original flavor? And note, if you are in favor of a remake but don't like the things I mentioned... that's okay. It's not like I'm in charge, so vote in favor.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403
#2roxas9001Posted 1/13/2014 12:33:24 AM
Leave it alone
---
http://kuja9001.tumblr.com/archive
#3DullahansXMark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 1:09:41 AM
roxas9001 posted...
Leave it alone

Make me
---
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403
#4BillysanPosted 1/13/2014 1:18:36 AM
This is what I've wanted for awhile now. Not that I don't like the original I just would love for them to flesh out the plot (tweaking it so it fits in with DMC3/4 better).

I'd love to explore a more up to date Mallet Island and fighting the old bosses with DMC3/4 combat system. (When I say this I'm think totally redone bosses and environments) Maybe add a some new bosses like an actual fight with Trish or something.

Also playable Trish bonus campaign. Not a DMC1 skin like DMC2.

Another bonus would make the original DMC1 PS2 playable...same move set from the orginal release and such. It be such an unbalanced but interesting challenge.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#547paynePosted 1/13/2014 2:02:44 AM
I want the same exact game, nothing more, except made with the new fancy Panta Rhei engine with fancy new models, other than that, i want the same exact game and same animations frame by frame.

just higher polygons, hi-res textures and maybe a nice feature like the making of videos in the God Of War games.
#6myghostisdeadPosted 1/13/2014 2:55:50 AM
Remake sure, why not? I don't ever see it happening but if it was remade with today's tech and problems fixed id like that. It probably the way they should have gone instead of a reboot.
#7Psychochild27Posted 1/13/2014 5:05:54 AM

Massive system changes like what you suggested pretty much would. DMC1 had such a distinct feel and gameplay/general design philosophy that would be completely destroyed if you started dragging in DMC4 elements all over the place. Besides the series has already stagnated for six years now waiting for a proper sequel. I'm tired of it.

That said: the only thing I'd want from a DMC remake is a volume control option to turn down the music because...

Learn to audio cue and stop mindlessly mashing.
#8StrelokPosted 1/13/2014 5:43:20 AM
DMC1 remake with a style system, that would make me very happy. No need for more weapons and the likes, let's keep them as they are, else it gets a bit too much.

This said, add-ons for it, like a Vergil-In-Hell campaign are A-OK for me.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#9NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/13/2014 5:45:54 AM
Psychochild27 posted...

Massive system changes like what you suggested pretty much would. DMC1 had such a distinct feel and gameplay/general design philosophy that would be completely destroyed if you started dragging in DMC4 elements all over the place. Besides the series has already stagnated for six years now waiting for a proper sequel. I'm tired of it.

That said: the only thing I'd want from a DMC remake is a volume control option to turn down the music because...

The Shadows in DMC 1 are kind of mean. They make next to no noise when they're attacking off screen, unlike those puppets that go clankety-clank.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#10Psychochild27Posted 1/13/2014 5:54:50 AM(edited)
NostalgiaRules posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

The Shadows in DMC 1 are kind of mean. They make next to no noise when they're attacking off screen, unlike those puppets that go clankety-clank.

Right. Hence the volume adjust. They do have cues, but low, throaty growls can be tough to pick up against WAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW-UH-UH-UH-HUH-HUH-HUH WAHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

I think only the lance is really an issue though.