Why was this or dmc2 considered bad games?

#1southStarFistPosted 1/18/2014 1:37:19 PM
I played dmc2 at all. It looks good though from what I've seen. Which makes me think it should get the HD collection since i only beat DMC3. DMC reboot's gameplay feels great to me. Combos are fun to pull off. From What I've seen so far its great. I really like the whole illuminati thing it has goning on with the story. Why are these two games considered to be bad? Honestly, I kinda feel like i like this better than DMC4 so far.

for me its:

DMC3
DMC1
DMC reboot
DMC 4
---
Kenshiro doesnt like chicken killers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT9-qL_fh10
#247paynePosted 1/18/2014 1:48:02 PM
southStarFist posted...
I played dmc2 at all. It looks good though from what I've seen. Which makes me think it should get the HD collection since i only beat DMC3. DMC reboot's gameplay feels great to me. Combos are fun to pull off. From What I've seen so far its great. I really like the whole illuminati thing it has goning on with the story. Why are these two games considered to be bad? Honestly, I kinda feel like i like this better than DMC4 so far.

for me its:

DMC3
DMC1
DMC reboot
DMC 4

Lots of things happened, first you got Ninja Theory insulting the fan base (basically one person from, the director and co-founder of NT), the major redesign of the game wasn't accepted by the fans, the character changes in the plot weren't well received and the Dialogue.

Other than design and script complaints, the elite DMC players didn't enjoy the game as much 'cause its not as technical as the previous one and more streamlined, then there are the whole colored enemies thing which everyone hated, you also got the lack of a lock on button.

Overall, its not a bad game, its fun for what it is, and DMC 2 is also not a bad HnS game, just an average game.
#3NextGenCowboyPosted 1/18/2014 1:54:25 PM
It does indeed look good. As a matter of fact it looks very good in relation the first game. Animations are relatively smooth, and the main cast character models aren't bad at all. particularly Dante's.

The issue is the gameplay. It's mediocre at best, and bad when it's at its worst. It's slow, plodding, and easy. Guns are extremely overpowered, sword strikes don't feel like they make contact with enemies, and weapon selection is terrible.

Bosses and regular enemies are, for the most part, punching bags. At the same time it doesn't have the awesome combo ability and varying movesets that made a game like DMC3 work. You could say that it's all substance and no style, but it's not even that, because there's not much substance to be found.

There's also a lot of forced skill selection in terms of devil hearts, which does nothing but put easy puzzles in your path for absolutely no reason.

DMC4 has flaws. It's 1/2 a game when it comes to level selection. Some areas are very easy to get lost in on your first run through, and there are too many gimmicks put in place in some portions to allow you to make use of your full moveset. Also, with the exception of the Angelo's I'm not fond of the new enemy designs. That said, the game's combat system is precise, top-notch. Dante and Nero have distinct playstyles, and distinct methods for taking out enemies, and the ability to switch styles on the fly means that you can handle anything the game throws at you, and look cool doing it. It may not have the cohesive feel that DMC3 does, and Nero's story may be a bit more melodramatic, but it has the most fleshed out story in the series.
#4A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/18/2014 2:10:27 PM
I don't remember DMC2 very but DmC is just poorly designed. It looks nice on the surface because you can do long combos easily, but all the building blocks of the combat system don't fit together. If you can't feel that when you play it then that's oka but I'm sure that for the majority of people who don't like how the game plays, that's the reason. They can feel that the basic gameplay elements don't mesh.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#5zhaoyun99Posted 1/18/2014 2:11:57 PM
DMC4's saving grace was uncle Dante and he saved DMC4 here and Nero's playstyle (while limited) wasn't half bad and uninspired or carbon copy like Donte (I mean 90% of Donte Rebellion moveset came straight from Nero and not to mention the character design was like the malnutrition Nero). Saying DmC better than DMC4 was like saying DMC2 was the best of the DMC universe.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#6caffiend7Posted 1/18/2014 2:21:33 PM
From what I remember about DMC2, it was going to actually be Chaos Legion 2 and they threw in some DMC
#747paynePosted 1/18/2014 2:31:29 PM
caffiend7 posted...
From what I remember about DMC2, it was going to actually be Chaos Legion 2 and they threw in some DMC

Holy unholy hell, i forgot about Chaos Legion, god i loved that game even though the gameplay was boring.
#8SiLVeR_420Posted 1/18/2014 3:47:53 PM
Because they're both big steps back for the series.
---
The passwords are Afro and Sergeant.
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
#9ZeroX91Posted 1/18/2014 4:06:57 PM
Chaos Legion's box was a miserable pile of lies.
---
*insert something clever here*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ19GKwTuFY
#10bigdom93Posted 1/18/2014 4:11:56 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Chaos Legion's box was a miserable pile of lies.

just like shatter and QCteamkill
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them