Why was this or dmc2 considered bad games?

#31ufaraPosted 1/20/2014 10:26:45 AM
Kaihedgie posted...
-Also, you're really complaining about the platforming breaking up momentum? Not realizing that this game's world is literally alive and out to kill you? Actually, I should be saying that about the original games since the platforming in those was annoying, not help by the absolutely boring environments you had to go through and the ambient noise only served to boost the blandness rather than serve as any form of tension.

If the platforming was interesting, it would have been fine. But it remains mostly the same throughout the game and doesn't really change up much.

It's also really easy and far too strait forward making multiple playthroughs dull.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#32KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/20/2014 10:41:17 AM
Kaihedgie posted...
-Also, you're really complaining about the platforming breaking up momentum? Not realizing that this game's world is literally alive and out to kill you? Actually, I should be saying that about the original games since the platforming in those was annoying, not help by the absolutely boring environments you had to go through and the ambient noise only served to boost the blandness rather than serve as any form of tension.

If the world was out to kill him, it was doing a really crummy job. Seriously, outside of like one situation the most it does is move slightly farther away.

"What's that? Dante's coming? Well what if I move..... over here?! Oh, he'll just use his grapples...... welp, he's some kind of wizard. I tried my best. Better call it a day."
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#33ufaraPosted 1/20/2014 10:44:19 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Kaihedgie posted...

If the world was out to kill him, it was doing a really crummy job. Seriously, outside of like one situation the most it does is move slightly farther away.

"What's that? Dante's coming? Well what if I move..... over here?! Oh, he'll just use his grapples...... welp, he's some kind of wizard. I tried my best. Better call it a day."

Floor: :Couldn't you two buildings, like, collapse faster?

Building 1: Quiet. Game of thrones is on.

Building 2: I'm on strike.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#34OracleGunnerPosted 1/20/2014 10:50:51 AM
ufara posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Kaihedgie posted...

Floor: :Couldn't you two buildings, like, collapse faster?

Building 1: Quiet. Game of thrones is on.

Building 2: I'm on strike.

30/10 Would make into a movie.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#35A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/20/2014 11:02:01 AM(edited)
That's the kind of issue you can run into when you try give gameplay tropes a narrative explanation. What is wrong with just locking the door until all the enemies are dead? Not once have I questioned the logic of that in any game. Hell in DMC1 there's a quite a few times when you can just run past an enemy and go through a door, and I never questioned why the enemy didn't follow me, because that's just how the game works.

But in DmC they try to explain it by having the world actually be alive, which only makes the you-can't-progress-until-the-enemies-are-dead trope even more nonsensical because you end up questioning it rather than just accepting it. Why does a world that's out to kill you drop it's barriers and let you progress? Why does it collapse very slowly and why does it only do that 2 or 3 times?
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#36Ink-RibbonPosted 1/20/2014 11:01:03 AM
Well, it's a matter of perspective.

I like to imagine that DmC and DMC 2 aren't bad games. They're just not loved by people, like other games. That's it. ;)
#37ufaraPosted 1/20/2014 11:05:08 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
That's the kind of issue you can run into when you try give gameplay tropes a narrative explanation. What is wrong with just locking the door until all the enemies are dead? Not once have I questioned the logic of that in any game. Hell in DMC1 there's a quite a few times when you can just run past an enemy and go through a door, and I never questioned why the enemy didn't follow me, because that's just how the game works.

But in DmC they try to explain it by having the world actually be alive, which only makes the you-can't-progress-until-the-enemies-are-dead trope even more nonsensical because you end up questioning it rather than just accepting it. Why does a world that's out to kill you drop it's barriers and let you progress? Why does it collapse very slowly and why does it only do that 2 or 3 times?

That's an interesting point.

Demon gate in limbo: "Well, he killed that wave. Whose next up?"

Group of demons: "Shut up. We are watching the finale of Breaking Bad!"

Demon gate: "... move over"
---
#38NextGenCowboyPosted 1/20/2014 11:10:04 AM
Kaihedgie posted...
NextGenCowboy posted...

A lot of those flaws in DMC2 can also be ascribed to DmC. People are welcome to enjoy the game if they want,

And yet this board is still alive full of negative topics, unnecessarily massive downvoting on videos pertaining to it, user score rating on a very low point, etc.

If it's "okay" for people to like it, why are you all so fixated on making people NOT like it?

Who's "you all", because if you referring to me, then I think you either haven't read anything I've posted, or got me confused with someone who hates purely for hate's sake.

I'm here to discuss DMC with people who enjoy that series, correct inaccuracies when they occur, and give opinions about games in the franchise, including this one. As I said people who prefer this title to the originals are welcome to their opinion, it's not one that I share, but they're welcome to it.

If they ask a question, or ask for an opinion then I'm going to share mine. If they didn't want an opinion then they obviously wouldn't be asking for one on a message board.

I've never downvoted a video, or anything else in my life.

I've given my take on why this board is still so active, more than once as a matter of fact. Anything else you'd like to direct at me personally? Or were you just making a broad generalization that I'm once again swept up in? If the former, then I'll answer anything you want to ask as it pertains to this topic, assuming it's relevant, for the latter, please don't do that. I don't particularly appreciate it, and I have to spend time writing out messages like this to debunk statements like that, again.