Pros, let's talk about what this game has done right.

#15hadowsPosted 1/22/2014 3:52:14 PM
After one year I'm actually curious about it.

I'm not here to judge, I'm not even here to discuss. I'm here to listen, and maybe expand on the points you make. I wanna understand what some of you users think this game has done right and why you think it deserves a sequel. Antis are welcome to share what they think this game has done right as well.

Without flaming we might get a constructive topic for once.

Go.
---
Ill add something here later....
#2ufaraPosted 1/22/2014 3:55:54 PM
Gave me another chance to try out some writing techniques.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#3Black OutPosted 1/22/2014 3:57:22 PM
Things done right?

In terms of its gameplay, DmC had 5 melee weapons switch-available in-game -- just one more than DMC4's switch-available weapons.

That's the only thing I can think of about this game doing something indisputably right, WHEN CONSIDERED BY ITSELF.
---
The Official Manchester Black of the C&GN Board
"Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. . . "
#4NextGenCowboyPosted 1/22/2014 3:58:23 PM
Increasing accessibility to casual fans. I think Nero was a good start, and this game seems to take it a step further. Not only from a gameplay perspective, but also a story perspective. It was attempted with Nero, to introduce new players to a new MC so that they could feel that they were getting a full story.

With the games having to spread out by years in order to refine combat, do the motion capture, build levels etc. You have to give players just coming into the series a way to feel as though they're not missing anything.

In the future I hope they add a difficulty level below easy, or in between easy and normal, as well as retain the option for normal-automatic. I also hope they expand the story in a way that it both introduces new players to the world, while it the same time either being stand alone, or advancing slightly, an overall arc.

There needs to be a balance, where above average, skilled, longtime veterans, curaazhy pros, and new players can all jump into the game and play at their level, without feeling as though they're either not good enough, or that the game's too easy.
#5Dodger_DodgiePosted 1/22/2014 4:09:41 PM
I'm not sure what pro means but DmC is great because the combat is fluid and has a decent story.
#6Ink-RibbonPosted 1/22/2014 4:10:05 PM
Well, the idea of having Limbo was quite good.

Places changing forms, new enemies appearing, new challenges. They had a good idea. It got old fast, considering everything was way too much scripted. However, I liked it. ;)
#7DullahansXMarkPosted 1/22/2014 4:12:37 PM
-Some (SOME) of the environments are pretty cool.

-Every weapon having a delay combo after the second hit and being able to cancel into each other is pretty cool.

-Transitioning from Stinger to Million (er, sorry, TRILLION) Stabs was made a lot simpler.

-Some of Vergil's moves in the DLC were actually REALLY cool.

I think that's all I've got for now.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403
#8QCTeamkillPosted 1/22/2014 4:29:21 PM
Free camera

Weapon swapping mid-combo

Plenty of fights, good variation, every enemy type mix is covered. Especially liked when the witches shield another target, mix of angel/demon rages in a room was great too.

Fresh take on story/characters

Moving/stretching/destructible levels in limbo was pretty sweet.

Environmental kill opportunities, friendly fire being rewarded in style ranks.
#9ZeroX07Posted 1/22/2014 5:28:55 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
Free camera

Weapon swapping mid-combo

Plenty of fights, good variation, every enemy type mix is covered. Especially liked when the witches shield another target, mix of angel/demon rages in a room was great too.

Fresh take on story/characters

Moving/stretching/destructible levels in limbo was pretty sweet.

Environmental kill opportunities, friendly fire being rewarded in style ranks.

Weapon Swapping was always something present in the franchise

Variation? Not really, since, you must hit blue with blue and red with red. The actions stops when u are forced to fight in a single way.

I agree with your third point and fourth. However, what I think this game did right. It is to state that t his game has nothing to do with original franchise. This is a elseworlds story. Non canonical. Too bad that other M isn't.
#10TriangleMasherPosted 1/22/2014 5:29:50 PM
It's a good Mexican soap opera
---
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
http://tinyurl.com/n4n6fwd