Pros, let's talk about what this game has done right.

#51NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/24/2014 11:12:02 AM
roxas9001 posted...
Strelok posted...
Because it is a horrible opinion.

I'm sorry but even if it is cliche, the cliche villain with a shred of honor (and in the end shows to actually care for the protagonist despite everything) is automatically more likable than Sniper Rifle Abortion Performing With An Evil Grin maniacs.

What honor? How did this turn into whose more likable again?

The following isn't honorable

Not using a gun
Being prideful and stupid enough to challenge Mundus
Butchering a blind Beowulf
Butchering a harmless Hell Vanguard
Stabbing someone while they're down

It's kind of hard to explain DMC 3 Vergil's character. The Vanguard that was about to attack DMC 3 Vergil wasn't exactly what you'd all helpless. He was walking right up behind Vergil and getting ready to attack him, so Vergil defended himself. Beowulf hated the Sparda family and was evil, so Vergil had to finish him off. Arkham was using Vergil, Vergil was using Arkham and both of them knew it. It was just a matter of time before one turned on the other. Besides, Arkham killed his wife and tried to kill his daughter on more than one occasion.

When DMC 3 Vergil had the chance to kill Lady, but he didn't. He instead blocked her attack and went after Jester/Arkham. In other words, DMC 3 spared Lady, a human, when he couldn't easily finished her off.

DmC Vergil abandoned Kat the first chance he got and didn't even want to save her.

As for the scene with DmC Vergil and Lilith, that was more the game scripts fault for making Lilith seem too human. Yes, she was a demon, yes, she was carrying a demon spawn, no, she was not a helpless innocent character, but the way it was portrayed made her seem very human. Also, it seemed as if DmC Vergil enjoyed doing that just a bit too much. He aimed right for Lilith's stomach, let the pain and misery of it sink in for her for several seconds, then finished her off, when all he had to do (though, I still don't think he shouldn't have done it in the first place) was finish her off quickly and be done with it. It was almost like he was savoring watching Lilith suffer. Not even because he wanted to save the world, just for his own creepy enjoyment.

Also, DMC 3 Vergil did a lot of his own dirty work. DmC Vergil, as powerful as he was, seemed to let others do most everything for him when he really could've done it himself.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#52A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/24/2014 11:16:23 AM
I never thought that thing was going to attack Vergil. It just seemed to be following him and being obediant like, but Vergil killed it because it was weak and couldn't beat Dante.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#53NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/24/2014 11:21:16 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
I never thought that thing was going to attack Vergil. It just seemed to be following him and being obediant like, but Vergil killed it because it was weak and couldn't beat Dante.

Hmm...when I saw that scene, after it had been weakened by DMC 3 Dante, it looked like it was mad at DMC 3 Vergil for some reason or another. :P
---
#54ufaraPosted 1/24/2014 11:23:47 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

It looked like it was bringing up its scythe to attack.

Also, Beowulf was going to attack Vergil anyways. Blind or not.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#55roxas9001Posted 1/24/2014 11:26:45 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Also, DMC 3 Vergil did a lot of his own dirty work. DmC Vergil, as powerful as he was, seemed to let others do most everything for him when he really could've done it himself.

So DmC Vergil manipulating people is wrong? That's how most bad guys work if they're not trying to get their hands too dirty.

A_Nonny_Moose posted...

You're correct

http://youtu.be/VHDwB2YHhD8?t=5m32s
---
http://kuja9001.tumblr.com/archive
#56ufaraPosted 1/24/2014 11:29:58 AM
roxas9001 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

So DmC Vergil manipulating people is wrong? That's how most bad guys work if they're not trying to get their hands too dirty.

Wouldn't that make him just as cliché as the old one?
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#57NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/24/2014 11:33:26 AM
roxas9001 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

A_Nonny_Moose posted...

You're correct

Well, it just kind of shows that DmC Vergil is sort of....(sorry to say it)....kind of...cowardly, to put it nicely. I don't see why he wouldn't want to get his hands dirty, since he's supposed to be a good guy, even though he turns bad at the end. He's a little too inconsistent. With DMC 3 Vergil, you always knew what to expect from him. Leave him alone, he'll leave you alone. Get in his way and he'll....well, you know. :P
---
#58roxas9001Posted 1/24/2014 11:40:47 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
roxas9001 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

A_Nonny_Moose posted...

You're correct

Well, it just kind of shows that DmC Vergil is sort of....(sorry to say it)....kind of...cowardly, to put it nicely. I don't see why he wouldn't want to get his hands dirty, since he's supposed to be a good guy, even though he turns bad at the end. He's a little too inconsistent. With DMC 3 Vergil, you always knew what to expect from him. Leave him alone, he'll leave you alone. Get in his way and he'll....well, you know. :P

I like that because he reminds me of my boy Starscream(His Armanda ver was a honorable beast)

ufara posted...
Wouldn't that make him just as cliché as the old one?

The old just wanted power just to get stronger.
---
#59ufaraPosted 1/24/2014 11:42:14 AM
And this one wants to take over the world.

Both are horribly cliché.
---
#60roxas9001Posted 1/24/2014 11:50:13 AM
ufara posted...
And this one wants to take over the world.

Both are horribly cliché.

Somewhat better than killing off the world.

I agree though
---