Lucifer appreciation topic.

#1catoutofthebagPosted 1/31/2014 1:10:57 AM
All lovers of Lucifer come in here, and lets talk about some of its better qualities. Just why do you consider it the best weapon in all of DMC?
#2geneocidePosted 1/31/2014 1:20:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZODRbcZWrVY
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#3Psychochild27Posted 1/31/2014 3:08:20 AM(edited)
catoutofthebag posted...
All lovers of Lucifer come in here, and lets talk about some of its better qualities. Just why do you consider it the best weapon in all of DMC?

On a practical level it's a weapon that actively gets stronger as the game's difficulty gets higher and higher as you start to struggle to control fights and need to depend on its huge hit stun from Detonations to keep from being overwhelmed (Especially in GMD/SMD) or to downplay the damage dealt when enemies can pull off special abilities like Frost Ice Blocks. It's also really easy to manipulate pins as you can move them around whenever Dante is not locked in a Rebellion/Gilgamesh attack, including Royal Releases, Honeycomb Shot and Taunts/Dashes/Rolls.

On a sheer pie in the sky combo level, it has a ridiculous skill ceiling which allows you to combo anything into everything with timed detonations.

It's fantastic.
#4rice_noodlesPosted 1/31/2014 5:26:34 AM
It negates style penalty from spamming.
#5SBK91Posted 1/31/2014 7:19:52 AM
It's got one or two nice tricks (Pin Up against large targets, deflecting Angelo shots with Ecstasy, etc), but the terrible damage/hitstun on the melee strikes, slow pin generation with strings, bad Swordmaster attacks, bad synergy, and detonations taking too long to go off for too little damage puts it at Cerberus tier.

On a practical level it's a weapon that actively gets stronger as the game's difficulty gets higher and higher

Pins don't ignore difficulty modifiers.

need to depend on its huge hit stun from Detonations to keep from being overwhelmed

Or you could, you know, kill them outright and not worry about them.
#6ufaraPosted 1/31/2014 7:34:48 AM
SBK91 posted...
It's got one or two nice tricks (Pin Up against large targets, deflecting Angelo shots with Ecstasy, etc), but the terrible damage/hitstun on the melee strikes, slow pin generation with strings, bad Swordmaster attacks, bad synergy, and detonations taking too long to go off for too little damage puts it at Cerberus tier.

On a practical level it's a weapon that actively gets stronger as the game's difficulty gets higher and higher

Pins don't ignore difficulty modifiers.

need to depend on its huge hit stun from Detonations to keep from being overwhelmed

Or you could, you know, kill them outright and not worry about them.

Because flashy combos are meant to kill quickly.

Man, I'm out of practice at DMC4. I started it up yesterday and got whooped pretty hard.

I need to play around more.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#7ZeroX07Posted 1/31/2014 7:42:28 AM
Well..considering the fact that all weapons in DMC are necessary and useful (style changes). I must say all the weapons are useful and fun.

However, if you ask, which weapon is your personal favorite? Mine is Yamato.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#8rice_noodlesPosted 1/31/2014 7:50:46 AM
Not this **** again.

Guys. Guys. Come on.
#9StrelokPosted 1/31/2014 7:53:17 AM
What am I missing rice? I only see that I missed a post from someone on my ignore list which would mean I miss absolutely nothing worth thinking about.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#10ufaraPosted 1/31/2014 7:54:53 AM
rice_noodles posted...
Not this **** again.

Guys. Guys. Come on.

You're right, you're right.

As one of the technical weapons in the series, Lucifer does rank in the top for me.

Its a fun and interesting weapon to use and is a nice contrast to Gilgamesh's more brute force niche.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."