DmC is still going Strong and Well!

#61OracleGunnerPosted 2/12/2014 3:21:49 AM
Spawn_LOLs posted...
OracleGunner posted...
Use your main coward.

Lol god, what would you do if he used his main? i hope you are joking.. It would be too sad if not.

Why use an alt?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#62ufaraPosted 2/12/2014 7:14:32 AM
Taizuku posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Taizuku posted...
NextGenCowboy posted...
Taizuku posted...
It's not really odd.

People that had never played DMC played DmC and wanted to try others, so they bought DMC4.

2/3 of them went out and purchased a 6 year old game? I find that to be difficult believe.

A 6 year old game that's been on Gamestop's 10 dollar or less sale for over a month?

This is what bothers me as well.
Why bother counting units sold when most if not all were sold at a fraction of its original price?

Because it was still a unit sold? Still has value whether it be positive or negative and someone has to put it on the books and calculate costs on it...?

I've seen DmC sitting in that same bin at gamestop, so... yeah. I wouldn't be surprised much myself.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#63NextGenCowboyPosted 2/12/2014 8:33:44 AM
You always count games sold when they're new. You have to, even if it isn't enough to move the overall number total by a significant margin, it still has to counted, and profits divvied up. The same way that when you buy a CD, or a song is played on the radio or whatever, it gets tallied, and the proper profits go to their respective owners and rights holders.

It's a bit different with games, as developers can be paid flat rates more often, or incentives, but the concepts are the same.
#64ufaraPosted 2/12/2014 9:38:32 AM
NextGenCowboy posted...
You always count games sold when they're new. You have to, even if it isn't enough to move the overall number total by a significant margin, it still has to counted, and profits divvied up. The same way that when you buy a CD, or a song is played on the radio or whatever, it gets tallied, and the proper profits go to their respective owners and rights holders.

It's a bit different with games, as developers can be paid flat rates more often, or incentives, but the concepts are the same.

Yeah, but this is Capcom we are talking about.

I don't see too much issue in posting two sales numbers, they just need to state early numbers ( the most profitable period) and lifetime sales that get updated regularly (to show lasting or potential future profits).
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#65Spawn_LOLsPosted 2/12/2014 1:46:52 PM
Strelok posted...
They don't even try anymore, it's full blown balls to the wall trolling at this point.

You are so clueless
#66StrelokPosted 2/12/2014 1:49:20 PM
Oh, then please enlighten me, what are you doing?
You aren't discussing the game so far, nor are you actually engaging in any proper engaging dialogue.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#67Spawn_LOLsPosted 2/12/2014 2:22:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#68antking61Posted 2/12/2014 3:07:37 PM
I'm just gonna point out that Sony usually "purchases" around 1-200,000 copies when a game goes PS+ and since the last official sales figure we heard was 1.2 mil, no, it is not going strong and well. It just went free because it couldn't move copies any other way.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#69StrelokPosted 2/12/2014 3:18:31 PM
I have explained this far too often to really put effort into this as I bleeding explained the same thing to another guy late last week.

I will give you a summary.
Alt invasion consisting solely out of trolls.
Your posting style is eerilie similar, and you immediately entering attack mode instead of asking what is going on like any normal person would, are just gigantic flaring neon signs saying "troll alt".
If you are not, sorry if you felt unwelcome.
But so far, you are not ranking highly on my list of people to trust of actually genuinely liking the game.

Also, that is a really weird statement as I never said dinosaur still exist. It'd be friggin AWESOME if they did, but no. They've been extinct for millions of years.
I'd give a lot to have a little pet compsognathus. They're so cute.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#70Spawn_LOLsPosted 2/12/2014 6:41:32 PM
Strelok posted...
I have explained this far too often to really put effort into this as I bleeding explained the same thing to another guy late last week.

I will give you a summary.
Alt invasion consisting solely out of trolls.
Your posting style is eerilie similar, and you immediately entering attack mode instead of asking what is going on like any normal person would, are just gigantic flaring neon signs saying "troll alt".
If you are not, sorry if you felt unwelcome.
But so far, you are not ranking highly on my list of people to trust of actually genuinely liking the game.

Also, that is a really weird statement as I never said dinosaur still exist. It'd be friggin AWESOME if they did, but no. They've been extinct for millions of years.
I'd give a lot to have a little pet compsognathus. They're so cute.

I tend to enter "attack" mode. My bad. But yeah, i do like the game and think that most of the hate is dumb.