Why do people hate this game so much?

#91rockman11_zPosted 2/19/2014 8:17:38 AM
ZeroX07 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
All bosses in MGR are not that difficult to beat (except maybe Armstrong).

S ranking them is tricky though.

I 100% trophy the game so I know what I'm talking about. (Screw VR 27. Lol)

Lol. Armstrong? Ok. Whatever,

Uh... Ok..
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. True husband of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#92Ether101Posted 2/19/2014 8:23:18 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
rockman11_z posted...

Yeah, Armstrong took me several attempts, didn't mind though cuz that boss music

It's a fun boss fight as well (well, personally for me hehehhe).

It's my favorite final boss fight this entire generation, the more I think about it. I can't think of anything that comes close in either Platinum or Capcom's catalogs.

MGS4 Ocelot is better.

Ocelot was a complete mess of a fight. Especially when its made clear to be working by story standers which means that he should have been ripped in to the first time Snake hit him.
---
Complacency can be a sin. Gamers' have lost their pride.
#93StrelokPosted 2/19/2014 8:25:16 AM
Armstrong is the toughest boss in the game.
Seriously, he was the first point where I actually ran in a brick wall on my first playthrough. It didn't help that I didn't know that the earlier fights were timed and not exactly real fights, so I lost a lot of unnecessary health trying to figure out his pattern. Cue the last fight with no nanopaste, and each of his strikes take out 33% of my health. That was quite an endurance match, but in the end he got impaled on my blade. It just had to be that way.

Armstrong is pretty much the second boss where outside forces happen in the battlefield and unlike Sundowners copters, his fire walls HURT LIKE HELL!
Add in that he has craptons of health, regenerates, tosses debris at you (which you need to avoid or Blade Mode at once. And there are 4 things to hit every time) and hits like a truck and losing our alternate weapon (Staff/sai/pincers) and we're set on having a boss that will beat your face in the first... oh at least 4 attempts.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#94Psychochild27Posted 2/19/2014 8:31:39 AM(edited)
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
rockman11_z posted...

Yeah, Armstrong took me several attempts, didn't mind though cuz that boss music

It's my favorite final boss fight this entire generation, the more I think about it. I can't think of anything that comes close in either Platinum or Capcom's catalogs.

MGS4 Ocelot is better.

Oh God no. If I wanted to play a clunky 3D fighter, I'd play a clunky 3D fighter. The only joy I got out of that fight was the realization that it basically looked like one of those weird CGI video game mock-ups you'd see in 90s TV commercials.
#95SiLVeR_420Posted 2/19/2014 8:46:32 AM
Wasn't clunky at all.
---
Toshinou Kyouko!
#96Psychochild27Posted 2/19/2014 10:44:03 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Wasn't clunky at all.

Agree to disagree.
#97NextGenCowboyPosted 2/19/2014 11:28:03 AM
I enjoyed the hell out of that battle. But it was clunky. =p

It was intentionally clunky, and as someone who's been playing Metal Gear since the NES days (and the PS1 version right when it came out), that battle felt like slipping on an old pair of pants, and then upgrading to slightly better fit, right before trying on that perfect pair. So, clunky or not, I still found it enjoyable.

Not that this is the first time I've seen a thread derailed, but this one made it pretty far before going off the tracks.
#98Android_25Posted 2/19/2014 2:35:05 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
rockman11_z posted...

MGS4 Ocelot is better.

as an emotional final boss, he's really the best final boss this gen (not counting HD collections because if we do, DMC 3 vergil would takes the cake and force dante to eat it) but as an old school final boss, armstrong is a lord of the field. funny since armstrong is basically Lordgenome. both have a giant mecha armor and when they lost the armor, they consider it a minor thing and they decided to let their fist do the talking. also, they are machos and shirtless and they are on position of control over the people. i could go on but i won't.
#99SiLVeR_420Posted 2/19/2014 4:54:01 PM
Android_25 posted...

as an emotional final boss, he's really the best final boss this gen (not counting HD collections because if we do, DMC 3 vergil would takes the cake and force dante to eat it) but as an old school final boss, armstrong is a lord of the field. funny since armstrong is basically Lordgenome. both have a giant mecha armor and when they lost the armor, they consider it a minor thing and they decided to let their fist do the talking. also, they are machos and shirtless and they are on position of control over the people. i could go on but i won't.

If were counting HD collections then The Boss takes the title of most emotional final boss.
---
Toshinou Kyouko!
#100Edward_R_MurrowPosted 2/20/2014 12:52:24 AM
Psychochild27 posted...

Even counting the last generation of 3d action titles in, he's arguably still the best final boss. This genre doesn't seem to put it's best foot last, so to say, as many final bosses are mediocre or outright poor. Few games end on a high note.

Aside from MGR, only Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden Black, and maybe DMC2 put effort into their terminal fight...everything else seems to throw in a giant demon/god/angel that ignores most of the mechanics of the game in favor of looking cool. Or decide to make the final boss into a (bad) SHMUP sequence. Or they rehash a fight you've already done two to three times before but with annoyingly long invincible attack animations.

Platinum was really firing on all cylinders at the end there.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf