ITT: We talk about the Devil May Cry franchise and nothing else

#101Ink-RibbonPosted 3/23/2014 6:00:29 AM
The best DMC games are DMC 1 and 3 in my view. 3 was the perfect prequel. DMC 2 and 4 weren't needed at all. They could make a final DMC game showing Dante saving the humanity by sacrificing himself and going to hell, in order to destroy Mundus for once and for all.

However, DMC 2 is no doubt my guilty pleasure and DMC 4 is only half good thanks to Dante's part. ;)
#102FloydMoneyMayPosted 3/24/2014 11:41:17 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
The best DMC games are DMC 1 and 3 in my view. 3 was the perfect prequel. DMC 2 and 4 weren't needed at all. They could make a final DMC game showing Dante saving the humanity by sacrificing himself and going to hell, in order to destroy Mundus for once and for all.

However, DMC 2 is no doubt my guilty pleasure and DMC 4 is only half good thanks to Dante's part. ;)

Yeah, u hit it on the money. DMC 4 is back track lazy attempt on lazy design.
---
$The Money Team$
#103Ether101Posted 3/24/2014 5:34:46 PM
FloydMoneyMay posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

No, DMC4 is a incomplete game thanks to its production time being cut in half.
---
Complacency can be a sin. Gamers' have lost their pride.
#104DuuuDe14Posted 3/24/2014 8:08:43 PM
Don't feed the troll.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#105StrelokPosted 3/25/2014 2:07:01 AM
No no, by all means do feed him.
This silly moderation they got me gave me the perfect ammo to use against them.
If being a little condescending and your post is only aimed at degrading the other individual, you deserve a 3 KL (at least, on a clean record) for flaming apparently.

This is likely why bobbie boy got purged with all his poop scooper comments eh? eh? ^_^
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#106NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/25/2014 4:03:54 AM
FloydMoneyMay posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

I never said that DMC 4 was the end all, be all and everyone has to like it. I just meant that to me personally, DMC 4 is my favorite of all the original DMC games, that's all. Even in DMC 1, you have to backtrack a little and I think you have to fight Phantom more than twice (I think) and you have to fight Griffon twice, too.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#107StrelokPosted 3/25/2014 4:38:20 AM
As well as Nightmare twice, Nelo Angelo 3 times...
DMC3 had us fighting Vergil (Alby it with different movesets) 3 times...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#108jayganautPosted 3/25/2014 5:04:05 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
I think you have to fight Phantom more than twice (I think) and you have to fight Griffon twice, too.

You have to fight him twice but there are two more optional encounters (inside Nightmare and the "garden" area where you use the Pride of the Lion (but only on higher difficulties, and it can also be farmed))
Griffon you have to fight twice, 3 times if you count the boat sequence and 4 if you include the optional Nightmare fight.

In regards to repeating bosses in DMC4 I don't mind personally, it's nice not to have to go through Bloody Palace every time you want to fight a specific boss (looking at you Credo) and Nero/Dante play so differently it keeps it from being stale.
With the backtracking I'd actually say DMC3 has more, for a start DMC4 has more "rooms" (they are also more varied in look/design)
I think it's more the approach to backtracking in DMC4, it's very much A->Z, then Z->A (with another character) whereas something like DMC3 is more A->D, D->B, B->E, E->F etc which I always found a bit more monotonous given the bland environments and amount of times you have to do it (DMC4 has you visiting most areas at least twice whereas DMC3 revisits a lot of areas 3+ times)
#109FloydMoneyMayPosted 3/25/2014 6:52:21 AM
Strelok posted...
No no, by all means do feed him.
This silly moderation they got me gave me the perfect ammo to use against them.
If being a little condescending and your post is only aimed at degrading the other individual, you deserve a 3 KL (at least, on a clean record) for flaming apparently.

This is likely why bobbie boy got purged with all his poop scooper comments eh? eh? ^_^

You deserved it. Don't get mad yo. Lol
---
$The Money Team$
#110StrelokPosted 3/25/2014 6:54:21 AM
Aww moneybags, I'm not mad. You gave me some perfect ammo to use against your ilk.
---