Devil may cry questions

#31Orange00Posted 4/27/2014 9:01:38 PM
ufara posted...
Orange00 posted...
TC, also a good deal might be Devil May Cry 4, it's easy to get into and still has up to date production values. I never suggest people starting from nostalgia filled classics.. (Even though DMC3 is my favourite in the series)

I dunno, I feel it a good idea to start, or at least look at, the beginnings of a series to see where it came from.

Depends on a person i suppose. TC was talking about pretty graphics and Call of Duty, is he "gamer" enough to appreciate somewhat dated features right off the bat? I wouldn't want to scare potential fan away with something he might not have acquired taste for yet..
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#32ufaraPosted 4/27/2014 9:42:05 PM
Orange00 posted...
ufara posted...
Orange00 posted...
TC, also a good deal might be Devil May Cry 4, it's easy to get into and still has up to date production values. I never suggest people starting from nostalgia filled classics.. (Even though DMC3 is my favourite in the series)

I dunno, I feel it a good idea to start, or at least look at, the beginnings of a series to see where it came from.

Depends on a person i suppose. TC was talking about pretty graphics and Call of Duty, is he "gamer" enough to appreciate somewhat dated features right off the bat? I wouldn't want to scare potential fan away with something he might not have acquired taste for yet..

That's a good point.
---
"You haven't seen what I've seen or been through what I've been through. Truly, I live an edgy life."
#33LordKaizerPosted 4/28/2014 8:46:39 AM
Orange00 posted...
ufara posted...
Orange00 posted...

if he is like that, he would've started by saying "the old games sucks because the graphics sucks. DmC is better because it has great graphics" or something along those lines.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor 3DS Friend code: 5456-0704-4812 (boy, that escalated quickly)
#34roxas9001Posted 4/30/2014 9:49:31 PM
Strelok posted...
While DMC2 is not a good game by far, to me it is still better than DmC: DMC (That is so redundant it makes my head hurt) for a few points, namely:

8: The devs didn't go out of their way to insult the fanbase during development.

Nobody knew the PoS was being made in the first place.
---
http://kuja9001.tumblr.com/archive
#35StrelokPosted 5/1/2014 12:01:55 AM
Not quite true, there were commercials and previews but those were the days before the internet really took off and the fastest you could get was a 56k modem that you had to jumpstart with a pair of cables and you had to shout Caveman at it, else it wouldn't understand you.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#36rice_noodlesPosted 5/1/2014 1:23:31 AM
Nobody knew the PoS was being made in the first place.

Gamefaqs and IGN were around. E3 was a thing. Trailers were out showing Dante flipping off walls.

Short of that we had Electric Playground talking about DMC2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF9YfMzECN4
#37myghostisdeadPosted 5/1/2014 2:34:21 AM
I remember the trailer. It made it look much better than what was delivered.
#38StrelokPosted 5/1/2014 5:07:05 AM
The trailer of DMC2 was much better than any other trailer of DmC.

Another reason to like DMC2 over DmC, despite it being a letdown.
I'm rather let down than to be absolutely right in my thoughts that something will be atrocious.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#39bolomd_basicPosted 5/10/2014 9:42:43 AM
Trying to revive this thread. I just finished the new DMC and had some thoughts. Most of my focus will be on DMC3 and newDMC/nDMC.

I loved the nDMC, although I understand why many wouldn't like it. The character is reimagined, much the way C Nolan reimagined Batman for the newer movies. More grounded, more "realistic." A more realistic Dante, though less appealing to some, I think allows for richer and more diverse storytelling in the future. ogDante was over the top cartoonish. That's not a bad thing. I loved it. The cutscenes telling their stories are likewise completely different in feel. I liked them both, but they ARE very different.

I remember thinking that the nDMC had good gameplay, but wasn't as fast or "twitchy." But I also own the HD collection and started a new DMC3 for the first time in years. It seemed more sluggish and primitive than I remember.

I think that there is a difference between comparing the games versus comparing the memory of your first playthrough experience. Side by side, you just can't compare nDMC/DMC4 with the older games. They are generations and light years ahead of the earlier games in gameplay, even DMC3 despite that it is my sentimental favorite.

My first playthrough of DMC3, along with my first playthroughs of Gamecube Resident Evil and PS2 Silent Hill 2, are my favorite gaming experiences. But games evolve and technology improves. You can't go back. Slamming nDMC doesn't help. Too much negative feedback just discourages Capcom from making another one.
#40KyryloPosted 5/10/2014 9:48:27 AM
bolomd_basic posted...
Too much negative feedback just discourages Capcom from making another one.

fine with me :D
---
http://psnprofiles.com/sedoi