Details into Capcom decision making

#1Ariel_ServicePosted 5/10/2014 7:10:53 AM
http://youtu.be/PbWXivOM8mU?t=29m

Event goes into some detail on Capcom's executives and their pay make-ups, it makes sense as to why there is more concern with making money now instead of any kind of quality assurance.
---
PSN: Ariel_Service
#2bolomd_basicPosted 5/18/2014 3:43:24 PM
People always want to make money. But Capcoms recent mistakes haven't been financial in nature. The mistakes were made by the Creative dept. They wanted to get more "mainstream," "cinematic," and "western." Hence the screwed up Resident Evil 6. With DMC, I honestly think that Creative just didn't know where to take Dante anymore. Creative wells run dry in Hollywood. That's why all they do are remakes.

Gaming creativity can run out too. Sometimes you strike gold with new creative ideas, but after a while, that idea runs its course. That's why all TV shows are eventually cancelled. Parting out DMC to Ninja Theory I think was related to the fact that they were running out of ideas. Making DMC about Nero, a shameless white haired, completely unoriginal younger take on Dante was lame.

Unfortunately, Ninja Theory dropped the ball. They had a good idea for a new Dante, but caved under the enormous public outcry about Dante's new look.
#3StrelokPosted 5/18/2014 3:51:15 PM
Only it wasn't about the look.
Seriously, I made a youtube clip in August 2011 about that the issues were NOT about the f***ing hair.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#4Rising_shadowPosted 5/18/2014 5:12:34 PM
Gaming creativity is often dictated by financial elements. Game developers are not uniform entities. The producers and directors within a company don't have the say to authorize games they want to make, they need to get pitches approved by the heads. If they say no, that's that. You can have the most creative game ever but they don't give a crap, they just want the next gold mine.
I doubt anyone who developed RE6 went into the production of the game with the mentality to get Call of Duty sales numbers. It's because the creative elements in companies are so often stifled that they eventually leave. Inafune, Mikami, Igarashi, these are the obvious ones who had enough and wanted out and they're now developing games that are spiritual successors to their most famous creations on their own terms.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#5ufaraPosted 5/18/2014 8:06:40 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Gaming creativity is often dictated by financial elements. Game developers are not uniform entities. The producers and directors within a company don't have the say to authorize games they want to make, they need to get pitches approved by the heads. If they say no, that's that. You can have the most creative game ever but they don't give a crap, they just want the next gold mine.
I doubt anyone who developed RE6 went into the production of the game with the mentality to get Call of Duty sales numbers. It's because the creative elements in companies are so often stifled that they eventually leave. Inafune, Mikami, Igarashi, these are the obvious ones who had enough and wanted out and they're now developing games that are spiritual successors to their most famous creations on their own terms.

How long till Ono and Itsuno leave?

Can you imagine if they had a bit more freedom?
---
I'm going to pick up LPing soon. All constructive criticism is appreciated. Stuff to come soon
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUfaraV2
#6darkslayer001Posted 5/18/2014 10:18:33 PM
bolomd_basic posted...
Parting out DMC to Ninja Theory I think was related to the fact that they were running out of ideas. Making DMC about Nero, a shameless white haired, completely unoriginal younger take on Dante was lame.

about the first sentence that is purely speculative. The simple more obvious answer is not the idea that they have run out of ideas, it is more like they have ran out of devs. Itsuno was busy with dragons dogma (DD), and Kobayashi was busy with both DD and RE6. There simply wasn't any good devs and capcom went through a lot of changes during that time. DMC running out of ideas simply doesn't hold ground.

Also regarding the second sentence, again just your opinion that doesn't have much weight since DMC4 sold pretty darn well.
#7Rising_shadowPosted 5/19/2014 7:10:20 AM
ufara posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

Weeeell, we know Ono really wants to do Rival Schools and Darkstalkers sequels. There's that at least. I'd imagine if Itsuno had more freedom he'd create Dragon's Dogma's battle system more in line with DMC4's. They really wanted to do something similar with the first game but obviously he didn't have that much freedom and it shows since they did an entire expansion pack.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#8StrelokPosted 5/19/2014 8:48:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9KyryloPosted 5/19/2014 10:41:59 AM
Darkstalkers NOT gonna happen. *plays funeral tune*
---
http://psnprofiles.com/sedoi
#10ufaraPosted 5/19/2014 10:47:23 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
ufara posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

Weeeell, we know Ono really wants to do Rival Schools and Darkstalkers sequels. There's that at least. I'd imagine if Itsuno had more freedom he'd create Dragon's Dogma's battle system more in line with DMC4's. They really wanted to do something similar with the first game but obviously he didn't have that much freedom and it shows since they did an entire expansion pack.

It's be nice to have a new RS or Darkstalkers. But Capcom... :'(

DD being more gameplay intensive would be pretty cool.
---
I'm going to pick up LPing soon. All constructive criticism is appreciated. Stuff to come soon
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUfaraV2