So... assuming you had full control over its creation, what's your ideal DMC5?

#111bolomd_basicPosted 6/8/2014 6:49:00 AM
I like everything about this new game EXCEPT Dante's personality. I understand the more grounded, "realistic" take, but he was too vulgar and mean-spirited. Dante's personality is classically one of wit and cockiness. Even if the story was an origin story, and he started out differently, he should have ended up as the charming guy we know and love.
#112PhoenixeaterPosted 6/8/2014 3:49:21 PM
Making Jackpot an actual move would be nice.
#113Psychochild27Posted 6/8/2014 3:55:54 PM
Phoenixeater posted...
Making Jackpot an actual move would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rtSkuQmhao

/Just saying, Ricoshot shares a very similar aesthetic.
#114CrunchBandicootPosted 6/10/2014 11:21:05 PM
jayganaut posted...
-Mundus as a villain

-Vergil, Nero, Trish, Lady and Dante playable

-All weapons/guns/Styles from previous games return (within reason (no need to have all the swords from DMC2))

-Gameplay mechanics from DMC4. Things like the way Inertia can be utilised, even being spoilt with the Style Switch mod I wish you could GuardFly and stuff in DMC3 and I still hate mashing for Crazy Combos (they are so worth it though)

-Some kind of customisable Bloody Palace when when you complete it where you can pick a floor/enemies to practice on

-Maybe a mission mode like Ninja Gaiden where you can do co-op and fight old bosses etc

Now I like these ideas very much.
---
PSN: Storm-Wolf-91
"Your parents will all receive phone-calls instructing them to love you less."- Ms. Bitters (Invader Zim)
#115PhoenixeaterPosted 6/12/2014 3:32:09 PM
1. Enemy profiles that updates itself by adding new entries that provides info on their attacks and changes in their A.I. behavior.

2. Get rid of the "keeping adding moves to enemies whenever players start on harder modes" feature. I hated that Credo started using Stinger and Dante using both Pandora and Gilgamesh on LDK and DMD modes. All enemies should use moves based on how players interacted with them like the first game. Not on which mode they start on.

3. I said it before and I'll say it again. Borrowed some stuff from Bayonetta and it sequel. That Lumen Sage boss fight from Bayonetta 2 (or rather the entire demo shown at E3) can inspired a few ideas on how to evolve the combat in a future DMC game.
#116Psychochild27Posted 6/12/2014 4:53:07 PM
2. Get rid of the "keeping adding moves to enemies whenever players start on harder modes" feature. I hated that Credo started using Stinger and Dante using both Pandora and Gilgamesh on LDK and DMD modes. All enemies should use moves based on how players interacted with them like the first game. Not on which mode they start on.

Frosts, Mephistos, Fausts, and Credo who add only one move (Often a ranged or zoning tool) on a higher difficulty that doesn't have that huge an impact on how you approach a fight and isn't even that complicated to deal with in the first place? That's nonsense and I absolutely agree.

Dante's a iffy instance here though as canonically he doesn't have those weapons when Nero encounters him in any version of that fight on that first playthrough. Even if you ignore the canon, a fully equipped Dante has an overwhelming amount of mechanics and moves to parse for a boss who plays very defensively.

He'll walk up and attack you like nearly everything else, sure. What makes that fight interesting is when you realize what moves counters Dante prioritizes for what actions and position the player ends up in after a failed attempt to land a combo, you can recognize that tell and counter his counter and so on until you finally land that blow and open him up.

That or you ignore the boss' mechanics and spam the DB, but whatever.

Point is, that is already a lot going on for any boss, but this is the first boss in the game.
#117PhoenixeaterPosted 6/12/2014 9:42:10 PM

Frosts, Mephistos, Fausts, and Credo who add only one move (Often a ranged or zoning tool) on a higher difficulty that doesn't have that huge an impact on how you approach a fight and isn't even that complicated to deal with in the first place? That's nonsense and I absolutely agree.

This! This crap have been bugging me since playing the second, third, and fourth games since it doesn't make since. I want it to like the first game when a Nobody do the "DT draining dance" or increase its size by wearing a mask and start throwing dive kicks, the player's reaction will be saying "Oh ****! I got to kill this dude! Now!" Or when a Death Scythe throwing seals that launches Dante in the air, the player will go " Crap! Now I have to beat this guy without jumping!"
#118PhoenixeaterPosted 6/15/2014 8:05:53 PM
Change the running speed. Make it look like that Dante and all other characters are actually running instead of jogging or speed walking. At least make Sprint a double tap input to ease the pain.
#119ufaraPosted 6/15/2014 8:10:45 PM
Phoenixeater posted...
Change the running speed. Make it look like that Dante and all other characters are actually running instead of jogging or speed walking. At least make Sprint a double tap input to ease the pain.

That's a really good idea.
---
I'm going to pick up LPing soon. All constructive criticism is appreciated. Stuff to come soon
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUfaraV2
#120Psychochild27Posted 6/16/2014 4:19:43 AM
Phoenixeater posted...

Oh, there's a mod out there that already do this (For Nero anyway) on the PC release for DMC4 that remove the default run and makes Speed baseline.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/4787104/1/

Huge quality of life change.