So... assuming you had full control over its creation, what's your ideal DMC5?

#21Psychochild27Posted 5/24/2014 1:47:38 PM(edited)
I would do what DMC4 toyed with in Nero's progression and go full SOTN with it.

Both Dante and Nero would exist simultaneously and independently of one another in a upgrade-gated Metroidvania-ass environment with their own goals to pursue that can be freely swapped between ala GTA5 outside of specific events. To ease travel as environment grows, portals are present to the player.

On Dante's front, Gunslinger crazy combos return (screw Devil Arms) with all other styles starting out where DMC4's maxed-out Dante style movelist ended and developing from there with progression-unlocked upgrades like Wall Runs, Doppleganger, Quicksilver, and weapons that allow Dante to go deeper into the environment. Ultimately, Dante would grow past his DMC3 styles strength and levels of ********ery and beyond that into a new realm of absurdity for his combat options.

Nero follows the D-Pad weapon switch ala DmC. Exceed system is expanded to each weapon to offer unique functionality to add significantly more tools to Nero's game. New gun's dragged in to compliment Beast Rose. Nero's non-weapon/DB focused upgrades fixate on upgrading Nero's available interactions with environmental objects that are present in much greater density than DMC4. Nero's an angry brawler with style, I want to see that played up.

And then throw in a SOTN Richter-style Vergil campaign where he's tearing through everything like a bat out of Hell with DMC3 Vergil's weapons expanded into three real full-fledged DAs, DmC-style Angel/Demon Pull Swords available to him and two DT modes; Normal and Nelo Angelo which is triggered similarly to DTEs by charging orbs for Nelo Angelo time.

/bonus: Played character gives the non-played character **** every time they pass each other through the environment and even feature taunts calling each other out for their horse crap.

Expand the movesets of Devil Trigger, either each form being tied to the weapon in the first slot, or allow it to be customized slightly, like in 2. In addition, diversify Devil Arms, so that their commands are not all the same.

I'd much prefer that any elemental customization be moved to Devil Arms, honestly.
#22TUGOWUPosted 5/25/2014 6:38:18 AM
Curtis: >Lady with expanded Gunslinger
It's terrible for me to say, but part of me wants that.

>Nero
I'd sooner see what he has be cannibalized by Dante.

Lucy: SBK's offer to teach you about the DMC series still stands, I'm sure. You should PM him.
#23Psychochild27Posted 5/25/2014 12:45:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24Psychochild27Posted 5/25/2014 1:07:09 PM
They should just forget DMC2 ever happened and just make it non canon.

They pretty much already have. The game has been moved so far into the future and it has zero risk of contradicting anything in subsequent games to start with because, well, nothing happens in it anyway except establishing that Dante has a new sword. The only reference DMC2 ever gets are like a single name in a DMC3 cutscene and whenever they start diving into it for random assets and mechanics to re-contextualize in DMC3 and 4.
#25TUGOWUPosted 5/26/2014 6:24:43 PM
It sure is a relief that DMC3 has style switching with that new mod. Now nobody has to pretend to like DMC4.
#26QCTeamkillPosted 5/27/2014 4:07:10 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...

DMC: Days of future past
#27prince_nagashPosted 5/27/2014 8:22:57 AM
Kill off Nero through the story, and have Dante inherit him as a Devil Arm combined with Yamato.

Now Dante has Yamato, Devil Bringer and all his styles plus more.
#28SiLVeR_420Posted 5/27/2014 10:06:11 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...

DMC: Days of future past

Fox has no idea what continuity means.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
RIP Oculus Rift.
#29prince_nagashPosted 5/27/2014 10:29:38 AM
The idea of making taunts more useful to the game can be inspired by Jetstream Sam in Metal Gear Rising.

Taunting gives enemies aggro, and increases their damage but it decreases their defense.
#30SiLVeR_420Posted 5/27/2014 10:54:36 AM
prince_nagash posted...
The idea of making taunts more useful to the game can be inspired by Jetstream Sam in Metal Gear Rising.

Taunting gives enemies aggro, and increases their damage but it decreases their defense.

Actually a Bayonetta thing first.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
RIP Oculus Rift.