So... assuming you had full control over its creation, what's your ideal DMC5?
haha, oops, you're right. All in the same lineage.
Sam's taunts actually make normal enemies susceptible to being cut apart, not just take more damage.
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
prince_nagash posted...The idea of making taunts more useful to the game can be inspired by Jetstream Sam in Metal Gear Rising.
God Hand predates Bayonetta.
1. Keep the style changing system.
2. Bring back DMC3's weapon changing or add one that is similar to Bayonetta.
3. Pull a RE6 *grab flame shied* and the characters scenarios connect with each other in some way.
4. Dante, Nero, Trish, and Lady are playable and players can choose each character to start out with. Also give them 15 to 20 missions each like DMC2. Each character should have their own style(s) like Trish using magic-based attacks and Lady having roided out version of Gunslinger.
5. Expand on Nero's backstory, the origin of his Devil Bringer arm, and his moves like giving the ability to disable Snatch and Buster or using weapons left behind by certain enemies like that Mega Scarecrow blade.
6. Buff up most of moves Dante used in DMC4 (which are nerfed versions of existing moves in DMC3 like Killer Bee and Fireworks) and also change the inputs of certain attacks like giving Drive Overdrive's input instead of holding the melee button.
7. Make the Order more of a threat by giving them "artificial" Devil Arms, new helper demons (many of them being upgraded versions of the ones from DMC4 like the gold and white knights and the basilisks), and the ability to use spells based on researching on the Savior's cores/jewels that Dante destroyed and other remains.
8. Add a little twist to the secret missions. On the last level players will have to fight the Time Goddess herself. Defeating her will unlock new will either unlock new item/weapons or give a discount for existing ones.
9. Taunts can affect enemies depending on style ranking. Taunting while SSS rank can make enemies' defenses drop or even try to avoid getting to battle you alone.
10. Bring back Doppleganer and Quicksilver styles.
11. No DLCs. All the secret costumes, modes, characters, and levels should be unlock by beating the game like the old days.
12. More references to the Divine Comedy like adding characters like Malacoda.
13. More epic battle like in Bayonetta and God of War, Imagine fighting a boss and several buildings are being blown and other kind of **** happening in the background.
14. Link the story to DMC2 in some way so it can explain Dante's personality change and possibly Mundus's involvement with it.
SiLVeR_420 posted...prince_nagash posted...The idea of making taunts more useful to the game can be inspired by Jetstream Sam in Metal Gear Rising.
Haven't played much of God Hand even though I do own it.
All hail Satsuki-sama!
RIP Oculus Rift.
Take DMC3. Give it Style switching, improve the quality and quantity of weapons and enemies, give Dante Nero's extra inputs, and put a bullet in Nero's head. Also, no MP.
If neither of those points are going to be addressed however, then I'd just as soon see him be set aside.
Why do so many want the Zero back, yet so few desire Vergil, despite the latter being a much better character?
Expand the movesets of Devil Trigger, either each form being tied to the weapon in the first slot,
Bleh. A universal DT like 4's with 3's alternate uses would be fine.
I would do what DMC4 toyed with in Nero's progression and go full SOTN with it.
Why on God's green Earth would you want more navigation in an Action game?
Both Dante and Nero would exist simultaneously and independently
To waste most the game's resources and bastardize enemy design again so Nero doesn't feel entirely worthless?
one another in a upgrade-gated Metroidvania-ass environment with their own goals to pursue that can be freely swapped between ala GTA5 outside of specific events.
I am sure absolutely none of that will have any impact on the combat.
On Dante's front, Gunslinger crazy combos return (screw Devil Arms)
Yeah, to Hell with Million Stab. Who care's if it's been a staple since the series beginning? Who wants the strongest class of attacks to return? That's what Omen's for.
with all other styles starting out where DMC4's maxed-out Dante style movelist ended
May as well start at rock bottom.
Ultimately, Dante would grow past his DMC3 styles strength and levels of ********ery
So Psycho has finally accepted DMC3's Styles as superior. Could Lucifer be next?
Nero's non-weapon/DB focused upgrades fixate on upgrading Nero's available interactions with environmental objects that are present in much greater density than DMC4. Nero's an angry brawler with style, I want to see that played up.
Then play GoW. Until recently, Kratos did it much better. This is DMC.
I'd much prefer that any elemental customization be moved to Devil Arms, honestly.
You a fan of Ascension?
I'd sooner see what he has be cannibalized by Dante.
Now nobody has to pretend to like DMC4.
The nightmare is over.
Dante, Nero, Trish, and Lady are playable and players can choose each character to start out with.
So none of those interesting move properties get to interact with each other.
Expand on Nero's backstory,
He was born a human and given an arm and magic sword, the end.
Why? They couldn't handle some punk kid. Dante'll be bored of them the second time.
>environmental boss fights
Yeah, because the Savior is everyone's favorite boss.
Prince: >give DB to Dante
I'm sure he can make better use of it. Nero is just a needless distraction.
Sliver: I'm sure SBK would be happy to teach you.
SBK: >why do casuals have the worst opinions
Probably owed to their not knowing much about what they speak of (and often lacking the wisdom to know they know nothing).
I knew it wouldn't be long before SBK start posting.
Your irrational hatred of Nero amuses me. It's so over the top, that I can't help but laugh. Alas, that feeling is fleeting and over quickly.
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory" ~ Bruce Lee
Your irrational hatred of Nero amuses me.
Irrational for being designed to be weaker than the proper character from the start, having few and generic options, hogging the spotlight, and whose major gameplay additions were 'bastardize enemy design for a poor man's GoW' and 'resource sink that was better done by a glitch'? The series should focus on what made it great: Dante's gameplay.
It's so over the top,
Is this to suggest Nero was better than Vergil?
Alas, that feeling is fleeting and over quickly.
Much like Nero's appeal. It's a wonder they ever included him.