So... assuming you had full control over its creation, what's your ideal DMC5?

#91ufaraPosted 6/2/2014 9:18:29 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Everyone has their preferences on what animes better.

Bah. We just be a couple of johns.
---
I'm going to pick up LPing soon. All constructive criticism is appreciated. Stuff to come soon
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUfaraV2
#92ZeroX07Posted 6/2/2014 9:19:41 PM
ufara posted...
Give Mahvel a burst system of sorts and I'll be game.

Persona Arena.

I'll be waiting.
Jojo out!

So I won! Run away, Mate! Im too much for you!

Good night buddy. I hope you have nightmares! Dream of DmC2! *evil laughter*
---
Hey, I just saved the world. Buy me ice cream!
#93SBK91Posted 6/2/2014 10:12:20 PM
It means weapons can take greater risks in their design, have much more defined roles and they can be much better balanced and refined around one another to make a skill set that compliments one another beautifully compared to something where a player's expected to be able to equip any two of five weapons.

It also encourages neutering them for the sake of balance and to remove 'redundancies' unless you're intentionally making the character overpowered and limits the total number of weapons available unless you want an imprecise switch mechanic like W101.

I don't know if I want that in my DMCs.

Then why do you want more Nero?

Rising had lame combat

Rising was great, what are you talking about?
#94PhoenixeaterPosted 6/3/2014 1:48:43 AM
Ditch the Order as a primary antagonist. Everyone influential from the Order's dead anyways.

The Order can be an potential ally due to "new management."

Those games require a lot of QTEs to make that sort of spectacle possible. I don't know if I want that in my DMCs.

I'm not talking about QTEs. Maybe I should have word it differently by putting stage interactions instead. I'm talking about things like civilians running around screaming bloody murder or parts of a giant monster emerging from a portal and starting wrecking **** in the background. The two examples of it is in Bayonetta 2 demo when the giant snake dragon thing is trying to collide with you while you're busy fighting angels on top of that jet and the one-armed angel that is trying to destroy the train you're on when fighting it.
#95Ink-RibbonPosted 6/3/2014 5:44:57 AM
Well, a good topic deserves sexy and intense answers. That being said, here is my take on DMC 5:

1) Don't call it DMC 5. Call it Devils Never Cry, instead. It should be the real sequel set after DMC 1. Also, it would respect the new name of Dante's shop by the end of the first game.

2) Ignore Nero and DMC 4. Let's pretend that the game didn't happen at all.

3) 25 missions.

4) Mundus should be back for the last time and Dante should fight him for once and for all.

5) Vicious, violent and strong enemies like the ones from DMC 1 and not punching bags from DMC 3 and 4.

6) Trish should be playable, even though DMC 2 gave me a good taste of Trish's moves, Her legs are awesome, by the way.

7) Lady should be playable after you finish it on DMD.

8) Get rid of useless styles like trickster...

9) Bosses should act like the ones from DMC 1. We need real bad asses.

10) No flying old man waiting to be beaten by a teeenager.

11) Alastor and Ifrit should come back.

12) Dante could eat chicken instead of pizza. XD
#965hadowsPosted 6/3/2014 7:41:19 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Everyone has their preferences on what animes better.

Yes, it is why some have good taste while other have bad tastes.
---
Ill add something here later....
#97Vault_ZeroPosted 6/3/2014 8:41:04 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Well, a good topic deserves sexy and intense answers. That being said, here is my take on DMC 5:

1) Don't call it DMC 5. Call it Devils Never Cry, instead. It should be the real sequel set after DMC 1. Also, it would respect the new name of Dante's shop by the end of the first game.

2) Ignore Nero and DMC 4. Let's pretend that the game didn't happen at all.

3) 25 missions.

4) Mundus should be back for the last time and Dante should fight him for once and for all.

5) Vicious, violent and strong enemies like the ones from DMC 1 and not punching bags from DMC 3 and 4.

6) Trish should be playable, even though DMC 2 gave me a good taste of Trish's moves, Her legs are awesome, by the way.

7) Lady should be playable after you finish it on DMD.

8) Get rid of useless styles like trickster...

9) Bosses should act like the ones from DMC 1. We need real bad asses.

10) No flying old man waiting to be beaten by a teeenager.

11) Alastor and Ifrit should come back.

12) Dante could eat chicken instead of pizza. XD

1) There is no reason why a 'real' sequel cannot be named Devil May Cry 5.

2) Funny. We are saying that about 'DmC'.

3) 20 Missions is fine. You could potentially make them longer? But that would make it even more difficult to do 'No Damage' runs. DMC 3 and 4 missions where long enough.

4) Another villain is just fine.

5) Strong enemies like in DMC 1, all who could be obliterated in about 5 to 10 seconds if you knew there weak point. I prefer the punching bags.

6) Let's focus on Dante. Extra characters are fine if they don't steal the spotlight.

7) See 6.

8) Yeah. Useless. Don't get rid of. Add and improve.

9) I don't know. I got my ass kicked in DMC 3 the most so shouldn't bosses be more like DMC3?

10) The boss could have been better. It's not how it looks but what you do with it on a technical level.

11) Other weapons are fine.

12) Hilarious.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#98Psychochild27Posted 6/3/2014 12:16:29 PM(edited)
Ink Ribbon posted...
A true sequel wouldn't star Dante; if you had such a hard on for a true DMC1 sequel you'd know that. A true Devils Never Cry would have only Mundus and the Sparda bloodline be constant from game to game ala Castlevania's Dracula and the Belmont clan.

Your premise is flawed before you even begin.

Vault_Zero posted...
5) Strong enemies like in DMC 1, all who could be obliterated in about 5 to 10 seconds if you knew there weak point. I prefer the punching bags.
It'd be even worse with anything resembling modern Dante; he's got way too many options to disable/get around enemy defenses as it is without too much effort compared to his DMC1 incarnation. Imagining DMC4 Dante in a DMC1 environment would be the most one sided massacre since DMC2, off-screen attacking aside.

Best thing you can do is give something like DMC4's roster more combo breakers/parry tools like some of DMC1's baddies and that's it.
#99SBK91Posted 6/4/2014 4:24:35 PM(edited)
20 Missions is fine.

They could stand to have fewer.

Let's focus on Dante. Extra characters are fine if they don't steal the spotlight.

Here here.

Don't get rid of. Add and improve.

As a proper sequel should.

Other weapons are fine.

Cerberus was bad. Lucy could have used some more oomph. Gilgamesh was a poorly recycled Beowulf. Pandora wasn't well executed. KA's GS attacks were awful. Rest were pretty good overall.

he's got way too many options to disable/get around enemy defenses as it is without too much effort compared to his DMC1 incarnation.

Who dealt craploads of damage and had ridiculous DT exclusive attacks.

Imagining DMC4 Dante in a DMC1 environment

>DMC4 Dante
>DMC4

That's a funny way to spell DMC3.

Best thing you can do is give something like DMC4's roster more combo breakers/parry tools

Like shields and super armor?
#100TUGOWUPosted 6/4/2014 5:05:58 PM
Hookedon: >knew it
He's a real giver.

NOTE: Mind your tenses.

Gentile: >upset about Nero being bad
As you should be. What a waste of time.

SBK: >a wonder
One should like to think a lesson was learned here.

Mustafa: >being this tsun
You trying to make me fall for you?

>a casual knows more
Seems a bit unlikely. Being that you don't deny being as such, would you also agree to being a scrub? Figured I might as well see how honest you're willing to be while the going is good.

Xerox: >!
Mind that excitability, son.

Teamster: >turncoats
Shifty sorts.

Lucy: >various
None of that covers the run progress you owe teacher. SBK has been quite patient with you despite all this nonsense about Lucifer being a good weapon (among other nonsensical statements).