We list something that each game did right or wrong (Please... No trolling)

#1leo412Posted 6/6/2014 7:10:14 AM
Note: This is all personal opinion, so please don't be too aggressive or anything, I might be wrong.

And English is not my first language, so there might be some grammar mistake. Sorry.

DMC1:

Pros:

Create the series.

Good AI.

Fun boss/enemy

DT exclusive attack (Air raid, meteor etc)

Atmosphere.(This depends, some people prefer dark but some don't)

Really useful gun.

Cons:

Damn Camera angle!!

Hardest secret mission to find ever.

DMC2: (Although I have never play it)

Pros:

Some skills that lead to Style in 3 (Wall run, rainstorm)

Mission select?

Bloody Palace(Bad Bloody Palace but the later games did it better)

Cons:

Limited weapon.

Overpowered gun.

Boring boss.

DMC3 SE:

Pros:

Style system.

Weapon switch on the fly.

Vergil Playable.

Some very creative weapon (Nevan etc)

Two Player mode (Doppleganger, Vergil)

Costume.

Funny dialogue?

Cons:

Annoying boss that you have to chase around (Gigapede, Geryon etc)

Very poor AI.

Annoying enemy that is not fun at all (Soul eater, the shield armor thing etc)

DT very useless

DMC4:

Pros:

Nero Playable (This depends, I prefer him but I know many people hate him)

DT exclusive move, though not to the extend of DMC1.

On the fly style switching.

6 weapons On the fly switching. (This depends, some people hate it)

Some very creative weapon (Pandora, lucifer etc)

Credo and Dante boss, nuff said.

Cons:

Repeated boss fights. (I actually don't have problem on this though, considering most of the boss fights are very fun but I can see why people hate this)

Nerf style, though not every style.

Distorted real impact quite overpowered.

DmC:

Pros:

No backtracking IIRC (Again, personal opinion, I think this is quite good)

5 melee on the fly switching (I actually like and hate this, due to all weapon become simpler moves without swordmaster)

Parry system(although I prefer RoyalGuard)

Easier to perform attacks in air (I actually hate this, but some casual player might like this so I will just list it here, personal opinion)

Universal dodge button (I prefer original one)

Guns has different charged shot (E&I use a Ricochet, Revenant has explosive shot, I prefer this over the slightly stronger shot from the original games)

Just Frame move.

Cons:

Overpowered demon dodge + Arbiter

Poor boss AI.

Cut scene in the boss fight is annoying (Vergil boss especially)

90% of my death is falling. (DAMN)

Unbalanced weapon (Angel and Demon)

No style.... ...

Forward forward input is a bit annoying, but can get used to.

Yamato sound is ... so weird.

No taunt.

Devil trigger (Dante) is not fun at all.

Vergil not in Bloody Palace.

Thats all for now, feel free to add things, but please no trolling or flaming please.

And no fighting.

Thank you.
#2OracleGunnerPosted 6/6/2014 9:06:38 AM
DMC1-
Pros-
Created the series.
Had the best atmosphere IMO.
Cons-
Vestiges of RE.

DMC2-
Pros-
First Bloody Palace
Coolest looking Dante model
Cons-
Poor story
Poor bosses

DMC3-
Pros-
Styles
Cool bosses
Cons-
No style switching
No more than 2 weapons at a time

DMC3:SE-
Pros-
Vergil
More Content
Cons-
Same as previous

DMC4-
Pros-
Use of all styles and Devil Arms
Fun Bloody Palace
Cons-
Half a story
Not enough Dante levels

DmC-
Pros-
Platforming
Concept art
Cons-
Is too much like DMC2
Glitchy

I only kept it to 2 per category.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#3ufaraPosted 6/6/2014 9:34:33 AM
DMC-
Pros-
Best atmosphere
Best AI
Good Challenge
Cons-
Camera angles

DMC2-
Pros-
Started Bloody Palace
Cool Dante design
Cons-
Poor combat
Too easy
Bad bosses
Boring levels

DMC3-
Pros-
Styles
Cool Devil Arms
Cool action sequences
(Mostly) Good Bosses
Cons-
Going up the tower 3 times
Poor AI
Bland enemies

DMC4-
Pros-
Really fun weapons for Dante
Nero has potential
Looks good
Style switching
Cons-
Cut production time is obvious
Not enough Dante levels
Dice game shenanigans

DmC-
Pros-
Accessible
Some decent level designs
Bob was an okay character
Cons-
Poor story
Dull platforming that feels like filler
Redundant weapons
Guns are underpowered
Style system is too easy to abuse
Buggy
---
I'm going to pick up LPing soon. All constructive criticism is appreciated. Stuff to come soon
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUfaraV2
#4NostalgiaRulesPosted 6/7/2014 11:39:33 PM
DMC 1
Pros: Created the series, cool main character, cool unlockable stuff, like costumes and difficulties.

Cons: Weird camera angle at times.

---

DMC 2
Pros: Introduction of a new character, introduction of Bloody Palace, Dante moves more fluidly, lots more new moves, more unlockable art, costumes for both characters and difficulties.

Cons: Gets boring and tedious after awhile, the weapons are very bland...as if Dante's personality for some reason, upping the difficulty doesn't seem to make most of the enemies harder, no taunt button.

---

DMC 3

Pros: Lots of cool weapons, introduction of new styles, tons of new moves, Vergil, tons of new art, costumes and difficulties, the camera is now controllable.

Cons: Um..........eh...........uh.....*hems, haws, twiddles thumbs*.......I guess....I don't know actually. I'm trying to come up with something, but even most pro-DmC fans agree that DMC 3 was the best of the series. :P

---

DMC 4
Pros: Another new character with different moves, Dante can now switch styles on the fly, the gameplay is superior and fast-paced.

Cons: Nero is sorely lacking in both moves and weapons, you don't get to play as Dante much, a lot of the bosses are recycled, no unlockable costumes, barely any unlockable art, Bloody Palace now has a timer, basically DMC 4 is really an incomplete game due to time constraints.

---

DmC
Pros: Training mode so you can actually practice the moves, unlockable art.

Cons: Glitches galore that maybe you'll run into and maybe you won't, Dante and Vergil...let's just say, you won't recognize them and may not like them, Vergil's Downfall isn't included in the main game, Bloody Palace still has that timer, from what I've heard, the difficulties don't seem to make the enemies that much tougher, taunt button is gone again.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#5KyryloPosted 6/8/2014 12:55:00 PM
DMC1:
Pros: creating franchise, awesome character, cool setting, high AI, cool bosses, created new standard in action games.
Cons: ocasional camera problems, underwater levels :/

DMC2:
pros: some bosses are cool, best Dante design, ranking introduction :3, blood palace
cons: AI is dull, Lucia is lame, can get repetitive, many lame enemies, blood palace gets dull

DMC3:
pros: awesome bosses, Vergil :3, cool setting, style system, huge step forward in action games once again, weapons system is amazing
cons: normal enemies aren't very interesting, their AI is dull :/

DMC4:
Pros:Nero and his arm (#deal with it), style system, bosses are once again awesome, return to DMC1 enemies.
cons: backtracking, repeating bosses, Kyrie is boring

DmC:
Pros: cool places, some cool visuals
Cons: platforming, all characters is nothing but plot devices, bosses are worst in whole franchise, AI is dull, style over substance, piss easy, repetitive, replayability drops down to 0 after 2 playthroughs, self-pretencious hole with a story ( not mine saying, but i like it ^^).
---
http://psnprofiles.com/sedoi
#6Ink-RibbonPosted 6/9/2014 7:28:45 AM
DMC 1

The good: Fantastic gameplay for a first game of the series, amazing graphics, incredible enemy design, ruthless bosses, dark and eerie setting, excellent OST, Dante has the best personality in the series.

The bad: Way too short, enemy pattern gets predictable fast, camera sometimes is weird, it may be hard for people who play it for the first time, few bosses and shadows are annoying.

DMC 2

The good: Gameplay is still good, fast, responsive. Amazing and beautiful graphics, Best devil trigger of the series, city setting is awesome, Arius is sexy and easily the best character in the game, Trish is playable, bloody palace is fantastic and one of the best features in the series.

The bad: Game is even shorter than the first one, bosses are generic and bland, bosses don't talk ( except Arius and Trismagia ), Dante barely talked 2 lines in the whole game, Chi was a boring character, last boss is a joke, guns are overpowered, game begins and goes nowhere, no sense of direction, missions are random ( you go from a city to heliport and then you visit ruins ).

DMC 3

The good: Gameplay is much better than previous games, tons of new weapons and new moves, setting is similar to DMC 1 ( Castle ), bosses are better, harder and have personality, Dante is cocky and talks a lot in this one, Vergil is a good antagonist, DT explosion.

The bad: Some weird enemy design, enemies are punching bags for most of the game, Lady is ugly and you can't play with her, Spiders are boring and cheap, Dante Must Die is a cheap mode this time, Vergil 3 is hell on DMD, some guns are useless ( Artemis ), game is still a little short, camera is frustrating sometimes, Drew Coombs isn't Dante's VA, you can only use 2 guns and 2 swords at a time, making your moveset somehow limited. Trickster style is useless.

DMC 4

The good: Dante's gameplay, OST, stage design.

The bad: everything else. Laughable and boring bosses. Nobody asked for Nero, Kyrie is boring, last boss is a flying old man, bloody palace now has a timer, enemies are again punching bags, too much backtracking, Dante is not the main character, Dante only is playable for 7 missions, the game us not balanced, Nero's controls are terrible, Nero only has a gun and a sword for the whole game, Trish and Lady had boobs bigger than balls, Dante trolls way too much, secret missions are boring.

DmC

The good: It manages to make me forgetting DMC 4, which is a already a plus. Fine gameplay, several guns and weapons and moves, Bob Barbas is a cool new character and boss, Limbo concept is interesting at first glance, it's a little harder than DMC 2, it's a long game, it has some story, enemy design is overall ok for most of the game.

The bad: Limbo gets old fast, bosses are disappointing, you have to hold R2 or L2 to use different weapons, enemies are to slow and predictable, music is a little strange, some glitches, 30 FPS,