Is this game worth getting for a hack and slash fan?

#1Raiden243Posted 6/8/2014 1:22:28 PM
I love hack and slash games I only played the demos of DMC4 and DmC: Devil May Cry but other then those I've never played a full game for the series.

Although I like the demo of DmC: Devil May Cry it was pretty short so I don't know if the gameplay actually gets better in the full game (as in the more I progress I get more moves and gameplay becomes more deeper etc.)

Would this game be worth it for a person who's never played DmC but really likes hack and slash games?

Also is there a difficulty setting?
#2RedBullAndrewPosted 6/8/2014 1:55:06 PM
Yeah dude, sure. It has fun combos and gameplay that resembles DMC. Don't expect it to be too deep and technical as other hack and slash games like Ninja Gaiden and DMC.

Demo represents what you will most likely see in the full game. It has three fully upgraded weapons.
---
Dogs are the worst pets.
If you don't like women, you have bad taste.
#3KyryloPosted 6/8/2014 1:58:36 PM
No gameplay remains same in main game. Difficulty setting barely changes anything. And no gameplay doesn't become deeper
---
http://psnprofiles.com/sedoi
#4Vault_ZeroPosted 6/8/2014 2:01:08 PM
Raiden243 posted...

Would this game be worth it for a person who's never played DmC but really likes hack and slash games?

No!

Yes.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#5OracleGunnerPosted 6/8/2014 2:01:16 PM
If you like the demo then you will likely enjoy the game. However get the PC version since it runs better and has mods that fix a few problems. It's not deep, it's functional. There are multiple difficulties to choose from, but if you have an average amount of skill then you need to play it on the higher difficulties to not fall asleep. You get a few more weapons than in the demo and prepare to silence this game if you don't like dubstep.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#6Psychochild27Posted 6/8/2014 2:42:19 PM(edited)
Although I like the demo of DmC: Devil May Cry it was pretty short so I don't know if the gameplay actually gets better in the full game (as in the more I progress I get more moves and gameplay becomes more deeper etc.)

The weapons you get in the demo are fully fleshed out.

The full game includes two more guns and an extra angel/demon devil arm, though firearms in this game aren't that exciting (I like the Shotgun's aerial launch property though), the Aquila adds only two interesting tools to Dante's loadout with An AOE pull and a move that pins an enemy down and Eryx feels.. I don't know, largely redundant with the Arbiter (Axe) he has in the Demo. Like the Eryx has a decent aerial damage tool because it can actually be jumped canceled and deal damage unlike Arbiter's for some baffling reason and it's so safe to set up parries, but as a combo tool? Meh.

Right now, with the game changing mods that are coming out for the PC releases of DMC3 and DMC4 that largely up-end what is possible in those games? No way in Hell.

If you have a PC and you're willing to put up with some crap to get the game running well, DMC3 is undergoing an amazing revival right now due to several mods dropping that bring in DMC4's on-the-fly style switching mechanics along with customizable weapon load outs that extend beyond the old 2 Firearm/2 Devil Arm limits on the PC version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddxh5OJNctg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Gj8lQKBUw

Even the biggest DmC fans here will tell you that DMC3 is the best game in the series (And arguably one of the most influential hack-and-slash games ever) with the best iteration of the style system; adding DMC4's style switching systems into the game so players can access all six styles at any time instead of just the one not only completely revolutionizes how the game is played, but shoots the game's already significant skill ceiling waaaay up from where it was before.

If you don't have a PC up for the job... get the HD Collection. DmC meanwhile is nothing really special in comparison. It ignores all the advancements present in DMC4 to try to emulate DMC3 while still cutting out or missing the point entirely of the best things -about- that game to make the game more accessible. It may feel really satisfying in the short term for folks who never bothered to reach that level of play but it comes at the expense of reaching what feels like the boundaries of what Dino can do that much quicker when enemies aren't handicapping you in the most annoying ways.

Besides, it's more value for the money and everyone should know where the genre really took off.

/I think I spent more time trying to salvage DmC with whatever mods I could than actually enjoying it, unlike 1, 3 and 4 where I spent hundreds of hours each.
#7ZeroX07Posted 6/8/2014 2:25:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Psychochild27Posted 6/8/2014 2:30:10 PM(edited)
Difficulty setting barely changes anything.

It changes the game, but it's unfortunate that Ninja Theory's take on difficulty means making every fight tedious and unpleasant to grind through by throwing as many of the intentionally annoying enemies that handicap your ability to do the fun stuff than making a legitimate, exciting challenge. No other DMC game is nearly as bad with this.

ZeroX07 posted...
I need help. Please. Help me pick!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/jehuty23/works/8662292-zero?p=iphone-case&ref=shop_grid&type=iphone5_deflector

Zero. Not just because Copy X is a punk (Man is he a punk), but because the MMZero art style actually translates very well there; I couldn't tell for the life of me which X that was supposed to be until I saw the product name. For a second I thought he was Bio Metal X.

/Man, Megaman ZX really needs more love than it gets. That game has the single best air dash ever.
#9ZeroX07Posted 6/8/2014 2:35:48 PM
Thanks!
---
Hey, I just saved the world. Buy me ice cream!
#10QCTeamkillPosted 6/8/2014 6:30:14 PM
Raiden243 posted...
I love hack and slash games I only played the demos of DMC4 and DmC: Devil May Cry but other then those I've never played a full game for the series.

It's a very enjoyable game in a genre you like, which you like the demo of, and has a price dropped low enough for any budget.

Do you really need a bunch of #jazzmasters to rule for you?

Don't ask yourself should you get DmC, ask yourself what kind of person you are.