DmC: Devil May Cry stop the hate!!!!

#51LordKaizerPosted 7/4/2014 5:18:07 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

I didn't say it should get a 8 or 9. I already said it doesn't deserve a great score.

That said, it still doesn't deserve a 3 or 4. It's not broken, it's just not very good. Giving it a 3 is just as bad as giving it a 9 because it's not accurate. A mediocre game deserves a mediocre score, not an awful score or a great score.

The problem isn't that we give bad games a pass, it's that we give scores like "11/10 it's ok" and "1/10 I'm bad at this game".

When DmC is looked at as it's own game, among it's HnS peers it's right near the middle. It has some features that are better than others and some features that are worse. On an objective level, it really does deserve a 6 or 7.

Hell, I hated this game but at least I'm willing to be fair with it. No game deserves a 3 or 4 unless it's very base features are broken on a basic level. Sonic 06 is a 3 or 4 because it's gameplay is just plain broken. DmC is in no way fundamentally broken.

You don't have to like this game. No one has to like this game. Most people don't seem to like this game. That said, don't lump it in with unfinished, unplayable, broken messes of games. It's just as bad as those who give it 9's and 10's.

i know but i'm speaking more about pro reviewers at metacritic.

sonic 06 is a bad game but it's more of bad management and a deadline that was made them cut a huge chunk of the game. look at E3 2005 or 6 gameplay of sonic 06 and you'll see what i mean. some games get screwed because of deadline and management issues and it kinda makes me have a little sympathy for them since they can't help it sometimes.

on other hand, we have DmC. look at darkslayer and tell me it deserve a 6 or 7. a game with this many problems with a game they took 4 years to make and many pushed deadlines is no excuse. not to mention all the time on bragging how DmC will revolutionize the genre and have an epic story to rivals most top movies and books that ends up not even close to a tip of the their expectations (ignoring the sales). actually, 3 or 4 is too kind for this game.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor 3DS Friend code: 5456-0704-4812 (boy, that escalated quickly)
#52LordKaizerPosted 7/4/2014 5:18:47 PM
damin posted...
well if this game is not your likeing and say its broken.
go play this game then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKbTVOV6xpI

i played it and love every moment of it.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor 3DS Friend code: 5456-0704-4812 (boy, that escalated quickly)
#535hadowsPosted 7/4/2014 7:04:03 PM
LordKaizer posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

I didn't say it should get a 8 or 9. I already said it doesn't deserve a great score.

That said, it still doesn't deserve a 3 or 4. It's not broken, it's just not very good. Giving it a 3 is just as bad as giving it a 9 because it's not accurate. A mediocre game deserves a mediocre score, not an awful score or a great score.

The problem isn't that we give bad games a pass, it's that we give scores like "11/10 it's ok" and "1/10 I'm bad at this game".

When DmC is looked at as it's own game, among it's HnS peers it's right near the middle. It has some features that are better than others and some features that are worse. On an objective level, it really does deserve a 6 or 7.

Hell, I hated this game but at least I'm willing to be fair with it. No game deserves a 3 or 4 unless it's very base features are broken on a basic level. Sonic 06 is a 3 or 4 because it's gameplay is just plain broken. DmC is in no way fundamentally broken.

You don't have to like this game. No one has to like this game. Most people don't seem to like this game. That said, don't lump it in with unfinished, unplayable, broken messes of games. It's just as bad as those who give it 9's and 10's.

i know but i'm speaking more about pro reviewers at metacritic.

sonic 06 is a bad game but it's more of bad management and a deadline that was made them cut a huge chunk of the game. look at E3 2005 or 6 gameplay of sonic 06 and you'll see what i mean. some games get screwed because of deadline and management issues and it kinda makes me have a little sympathy for them since they can't help it sometimes.

on other hand, we have DmC. look at darkslayer and tell me it deserve a 6 or 7. a game with this many problems with a game they took 4 years to make and many pushed deadlines is no excuse. not to mention all the time on bragging how DmC will revolutionize the genre and have an epic story to rivals most top movies and books that ends up not even close to a tip of the their expectations (ignoring the sales). actually, 3 or 4 is too kind for this game.

Games deserve the score people give to it, no less, no more.
---
Ill add something here later....
#54SiLVeR_420Posted 7/4/2014 7:51:29 PM
LordKaizer posted...
damin posted...
well if this game is not your likeing and say its broken.
go play this game then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKbTVOV6xpI

i played it and love every moment of it.

Way better then anything else Rockstar put out this gen. Even the Undead Nightmare thing was good.

I want Red Dead 3 more then I want Agent or Bully 2.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Hey hey Start Dash