Dante grew up in an orphanage run by demons.

#1Leinad_YenoorPosted 3/2/2012 4:13:34 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/01/dmc-devil-may-crys-dante-grew-up-in-orphanages-run-by-demons/

"We already know that Dante is half angel and half demon, and has been described as a “street brawler,” due to having grown up on the streets and fending for himself. Now, we also know that he spent the majority of his youth in various institutions, orphanages, youth correction facilities and foster homes. The catch is, most of these were run by demons and usually involved torture of some sort.
As a result, Dante has grown up with no respect for society and authority, and a hatred of demons in particular, despite being half-demon himself. Capcom say that Dante takes the side of the underdog in what he sees as an unfair society."

This is like some fan fiction, I can barely believe this is real.

I'm stealing a post from another website that basically sums up my whole feelings on the matter:

http://i.imgur.com/CCFWc.png
---
Yes, I am a guy. Yes, I do play video games.
Don't hit on me you silly girls! ~
#2neloangelo6661Posted 3/2/2012 10:23:10 AM
Exactly.

The circumstance of Dante's family history, his demonic powers, and living in a human society with those powers is what creates his fun, playful, arrogant, sometimes serious personality.

If you change that he no longer has any reason to retain that personality. You know what the difference here is? Dante is a half demon. Living in an orphanage run by demons shouldn't be a serious issue for him.

Due to his demonic blood and increased healing abilities, torture should also not be a big deal. He's been impaled on numerous occasions barely reacting to it probably from years of practice and discovery.

You know who grows up with no respect for society, authority, and hatred for demons? A human. These are all boring and simple human qualities. These aren't even good human qualities. These are ignorant and childish qualities.

Yes Dante is also half human but being born half demon suggests you discover things about yourself living with humans that makes you appreciate and respect life. Maybe not authority of a certain kind as Dante makes it his job to be the authority to demons in the human world.

All this "deeper" storytelling just sounds like humanizing a character that was meant to be more than human. I don't want to see an angry Dante and I don't want him to retain his classic personality if it's inconsistent with the new story.
---
To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
#3MetalSonicSwordPosted 3/12/2012 3:14:22 AM
neloangelo6661 posted...
Exactly.

The circumstance of Dante's family history, his demonic powers, and living in a human society with those powers is what creates his fun, playful, arrogant, sometimes serious personality.

If you change that he no longer has any reason to retain that personality. You know what the difference here is? Dante is a half demon. Living in an orphanage run by demons shouldn't be a serious issue for him.

Due to his demonic blood and increased healing abilities, torture should also not be a big deal. He's been impaled on numerous occasions barely reacting to it probably from years of practice and discovery.

You know who grows up with no respect for society, authority, and hatred for demons? A human. These are all boring and simple human qualities. These aren't even good human qualities. These are ignorant and childish qualities.

Yes Dante is also half human but being born half demon suggests you discover things about yourself living with humans that makes you appreciate and respect life. Maybe not authority of a certain kind as Dante makes it his job to be the authority to demons in the human world.

All this "deeper" storytelling just sounds like humanizing a character that was meant to be more than human. I don't want to see an angry Dante and I don't want him to retain his classic personality if it's inconsistent with the new story.

Torture isnt necessarily physical

also the main problem with them being demons is apparently in this game, there are still problems between demons and angels. He's like what the bastard child of romeo and juilet would go through: hated by both houses
---
The official Fuu of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board.
Ra Ra ah-ah-ah rama ra-ma-ma ga ga ooh la la
#4wwinterj25Posted 3/12/2012 11:13:26 AM(edited)
Despite this been nothing like the old Dante origin story I do find this interesting. It all depends on how the game plays above all but I'll give credit where it's due the story seems a lot more gritty and original in some ways. The more I hear about this game the more it grows on me.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#5ObsidianSniper1Posted 3/13/2012 1:18:42 PM

Leinad_Yenoor posted...
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/01/dmc-devil-may-crys-dante-grew-up-in-orphanages-run-by-demons/

"We already know that Dante is half angel and half demon, and has been described as a "street brawler," due to having grown up on the streets and fending for himself. Now, we also know that he spent the majority of his youth in various institutions, orphanages, youth correction facilities and foster homes. The catch is, most of these were run by demons and usually involved torture of some sort.
As a result, Dante has grown up with no respect for society and authority, and a hatred of demons in particular, despite being half-demon himself. Capcom say that Dante takes the side of the underdog in what he sees as an unfair society."

This is like some fan fiction, I can barely believe this is real.

I'm stealing a post from another website that basically sums up my whole feelings on the matter:

---
Yes, I am a guy. Yes, I do play video games.
Don't hit on me you silly girls! ~

My thoughts exactly, holy hell

#6MetalSonicSwordPosted 3/31/2012 3:31:59 AM
Apparently the rebellion sword is left to dante by his father who is still sparda in this.

If he is still alive and put him through that, he's an irresponsible dad and needs a slap
---
The official Fuu of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board.
Ra Ra ah-ah-ah rama ra-ma-ma ga ga ooh la la
#7yamato666Posted 4/2/2012 1:03:52 PM

^ this x1 million! the more i find out the more disappointed i get. i will rent DMC first from game fly to give the gameplay a chance to speak for itself, but from everything i have read, seen and heard from the developers interviews this game is going to be garbage.
---
Do you ever wonder what life would have been like if you would have got enough air at birth?